Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

Why call Arya Lana? Seriously? Do D&D think the viewers are too stupid to not confuse Cat Stark with Cat of the Canals?

Who's Cat Stark? There was a character on the show called Cat...Catelyn or something? You mean that extra who once had a chat with Talisa? She died, right? Ah yes, that colorful wedding thingy. But come on, that's so season 3!

Hardhome

From the moment George Washington Snow rode his boat across the Delaware to meet with wildlings who all apparently wear the exact same uniform like they are Army Rangers or some shit I was just done with this scene. Was Jon ever going to give the context of killing Mance? No? Did him and Tormund plan for T to reveal the full context all dramatically? I know it's supposed to be a super awesome battle or whatever, but all I could think about during the whole thing was how many millions of dollars and how much show time they wasted on all this mindless action. It was bad enough that the meeting of the "elders" confirmed the fact that Jon was completely superfluous on this mission. Everyone only agrees because Tormund is there. Then the Harryhausen zombies came out of the woodwork and I was just done. A fierce wildling woman is betrayed by her motherly instincts and killed by a bunch of wight children? Fucking seriously? Why are the White Walkers dressed up like samurai? Why did they send a small force of wights at first and then send this huge crushing horde when Jon is looking up at them? Why not just, you know, send your whole crazy dead army at once and wipe everyone out? What is Wun Wun going to do when they get to the boat? Is he just going to swim back? The Night King raising the roof to bring up his undead army was pretty cool, especially how quiet the scene was, but that was only meaningful because the preceding 15 minutes was full of noisy bullshit.

All your comments were on point, but thank you for validating my feelings with this one especially.

Hardhome :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And the obvious rant: Never let Kit Harington say anything ever again...

Quiet, you. Kit is my husbando.

I made my musings here: http://gotgifsandmusings.tumblr.com/post/120407594202/got-5x08-musings

warning: I'm not a giant fan of "zomg battles" anyway, so even by my standards this might be a bit too much saltiness.

hahaha i see you saw my reply. Your salt is a bit much this time around. I mean, i get why you are salty, but like...this time it was nice to walk away from the episode without much salt.

As for things i didnt like, well there wasnt much for once. Olly though. He was kind of the hair in the soup. Its like, WE GET IT, ok? Olly has more salt than Cheb and Vladimir Putin. We fucking get it. Go away.

Dany could stand to be a bit less icy and wooden, but i didnt mind the scenes between them. I found it fun. Dany's lack of reaction to Tyrion's snark felt OOC though.

I guess I've always assumed Valyrian steel could kill the Others because I associate all things Valyrian with dragons? My more cracky theory is that Jon snow will end up with Oathkeeper because it's the Starks' Ice remade by fire into a sword with Targaryen colors (black and red) and because Jon keeps thinking that Longclaw isn't really HIS ...

I've already been in enough abusive relationships to have learned my lesson: those motherfuckers will always return sweet and loving after a bad time... and then they will return to their normal self :dunno:

I actually didn't thought this episode was as bad as their usual, but that doesn't really say much. Hardhome was more distracting than good. I was most intrigued by it rather than interested, but I knew Jon couldn't die, so it wasn't tense for me. Olly's going to kill him.

I'll quote Stannis: One good deed doesn't wash out the bad. This show diminished Sansa's role to an accessory. They have insulted every other female role in the storyline and used exploitative any female part that they could. They have made rape, for both men and women, a laughing matter or a plot device to bait easily impressive watchers. I don't care how good an episode can be, they will NEVER have my praise. I don't forgive or forget that easily. They could cast McKidd as JonCon next season and call me personally to actually play his beard and I still would say this show sucks hard and they deserve not even a C for effort.

Really, what I'm most annoyed about is that from what I hear, people loved this episode. Which is irritating because oh hey I thought nothing of interest ever happens in books four and five? So, what, shit didn't go horribly wrong at hardhome in the books? Arya was never Cat of the Canals? It's like ffs stop pretending like those books were utterly unadaptable. They were adapatable, D&D just suck.

Quiet, you. Kit is my husbando.

But, sweetie, he would be much better going around never saying anything looking with that slighly-constipated face (Veltigar, LOL) and those eyes. :)

Dany sucks. So bad. The acting is terrible. I'm ready for her to be recast at this point.

Dinklage has been phoning it in for quite some time, and tonight was no exception.

Holy shitballs, did their scenes together fall flat, to say the least.

Like, even Dany and Daario have more onscreen chemistry, and that's saying a lot.

Really, what I'm most annoyed about is that from what I hear, people loved this episode. Which is irritating because oh hey I thought nothing of interest ever happens in books four and five? So, what, shit didn't go horribly wrong at hardhome in the books? Arya was never Cat of the Canals? It's like ffs stop pretending like those books were utterly unadaptable. They were adapatable, D&D just suck.

Yeah - at 80% of AFFC, Brienne had defended the children at the Inn and been hanged and given the sword or noose choice by Lady Stoneheart. At 80% of this season, Brienne is still waiting for the candle in the wind ... So her book story was so boring that it couldn't possibly be adapted for tv I guess ...

Yeah, I knew that Dany had to "prove herself" worthy of Tyrion, but it still sucked. Tyrion had given up on life?! No, he was just pitying himself a bit. And part of the dialogue was really cringeworthy ("He loves you"). Well, the queen of the Andals will soon be kissing his sandals...

The battle scene was definitely among their best; however, Inot all that much into battle scenes...

Somehow the Sansa/ Reek/ Theon scenes feflat for me; it went too quickly for my taste.

Anyway, thanks to Cheb's tumblr (really, thanks for being my eyes... I will... pay you one day but not with money because I'm poor) I found out that effectively, saint Tyrion was there for poor idiot Dany who is so so blind by her hate that she can't see the idiocy. The holy dwarf has come to the rescue of the poor ineffective ruler woman! Praise the dwarf!

All your comments were on point, but thank you for validating my feelings with this one especially.

Yeah, I'll probably be given a lot of shit for not liking the battle, but I seriously thought it was underwhelming. It was totally the "throw so much shit at you so fast that you don't have time to think about it." Sure it was impressive in some respects, especially for TV, but really I've seen better choreographed and shot fight scenes in otherwise really terrible movies. I'm not going to lose my mind just because one of them happened to be in Game of Thrones.

But, sweetie, he would be much better going around never saying anything looking with that slighly-constipated face (Veltigar, LOL) and those eyes. :)

Ehh. I like hearing him talk. Better than Emilia Clarke fo sho

Dinklage has been phoning it in for quite some time, and tonight was no exception.

Holy shitballs, did their scenes together fall flat, to say the least.

Like, even Dany and Daario have more onscreen chemistry, and that's saying a lot.

Its not Dinklage's fault. I can feel his salt from here. His lack of enthusiasm is likely due to the fact they cut up a bunch of Tyrion's best stuff. Id be pretty fucking salty if i were him. Clarke, on the other hand, has no fucking excuse for being a paper bag. Shes always been a paper bag, but its now even more obvious for everyone to see. Just about everyone else in the show has fine chemistry with Dinklage. Shows just how bad she is.

I didn't like the savage super speedy wights, and quick cuts - way too. Modern zombie action flicks. Would have been more ominous and scary if they simply keep coming now matter what you did until you burn the or cut off their head.

In addition, since when do White Walkers give expressions of surprise? They are stoic as can be. Reminded me of Aragorn stopping the sword of that ghost under the mountain.

UnVal is in full Brienne Berserker mode and then just gives up the ghost to a bunch of creepy kids, knowing full well what will happen? Lame.

Lastly, it's been mentioned about Lana rather than cat of the canals. But D&D always rub it in, this time by having a black cat run across her path. I also tire of Arya's smile at the thought of offing somebody.

However, all in all a much better episode than the previous. Even with nitpicks, at least I did enjoy it and there was some good suspense prior to the battle.

after the tyrion-danny scene I can officially say I hate this show.

and they should REALLY get rid of the skeletons. I mean really, they don't have any sort of nervous system to move, I mean a zombie at least has nerves and muscle and tendons and what not for the magic to operate with. Why not just animate a suit of armor or a dead tree or something. Skeletons simply are unrealistic.

I also called the dead wilding woman from her first sentence-I guess too much to ask for a strong independent woman to last more than 30 minutes

As much as I loved the Hardhome scene, I was incredibly frustrated with the depiction of the wrights. They had a really good thing going with them in the first few seasons; the frozen flesh and blue eyes were sufficiently spooky. Skeletons are generic and mundane. Is it really less expensive for them to do skeletons that have real people with blue eyes? I find it hard to believe, and if not, then why the hell are they changing something they got right in the first place???

I'll quote Stannis: One good deed doesn't wash out the bad. This show diminished Sansa's role to an accessory. They have insulted every other female role in the storyline and used exploitative any female part that they could. They have made rape, for both men and women, a laughing matter or a plot device to bait easily impressive watchers. I don't care how good an episode can be, they will NEVER have my praise. I don't forgive or forget that easily. They could cast McKidd as JonCon next season and call me personally to actually play his beard and I still would say this show sucks hard and they deserve not even a C for effort.

This.

Archived