Rant and Rave without Repercussion [Book Spoilers]

Chebyshov

Ehh. I like hearing him talk. Better than Emilia Clarke fo sho

So, you like how he never closes his mouth like a Catelyn Tully's trueborn? Hmmm...

They could cast McKidd as JonCon next season and call me personally to actually play his beard and I still would say this show sucks hard and they deserve not even a C for effort.

In days like this, I am thanking God for "Greys anatomy"

And enough with the Dinklage. He hasn't offered anything new for 4 seasons now. He was brilliant in season 1, but after that,, everything was "seen that".

Yeah, I'll probably be given a lot of shit for not liking the battle, but I seriously thought it was underwhelming. It was totally the "throw so much shit at you so fast that you don't have time to think about it." Sure it was impressive in some respects, especially for TV, but really I've seen better choreographed and shot fight scenes in otherwise really terrible movies. I'm not going to lose my mind just because one of them happened to be in Game of Thrones.

I thought he battle was all right. It just seems the money, time, and effort to film it could have been put to better uses.

Also, it might be just be me, but I thought the nuns were scarier than the white walkers or zombies. I actually felt kind of bad for old Carol.

Maybe is all foreshadowing that Jon and Dany will marry and have very boring sex :dunno:

Only after Dany offers Tyrion marriage (she can annul her Hizdahr marriage or whatever) and he turns her down because he's still mourning Shae.

[snip]

I saw that as the boss Other is testing Jon and the Wildling leadership there, thus the smaller initial wave of wights before cranking it up to a full horde after he watched Jon kill a lieutenant with Longclaw. Sorta how the other Others sat back and watched as Waymar Royce went at it with the one Other in the very first prologue. Was I alone in this?

So, you like how he never closes his mouth like a Catelyn Tully's trueborn? Hmmm...

In days like this, I am thanking God for "Greys anatomy"

And enough with the Dinklage. He hasn't offered anything new for 4 seasons now. He was brilliant in season 1, but after that,, everything was "seen that".

Sure. I can think of a lot of fun to be had with that gaping expression, huehuehue

Dinklage hasnt been allowed to offer up new stuff. That man is a fantastic actor. Hes written like shit and even he knows it.

after the tyrion-danny scene I can officially say I hate this show.

and they should REALLY get rid of the skeletons. I mean really, they don't have any sort of nervous system to move, I mean a zombie at least has nerves and muscle and tendons and what not for the magic to operate with. Why not just animate a suit of armor or a dead tree or something. Skeletons simply are unrealistic.

I also called the dead wilding woman from her first sentence-I guess too much to ask for a strong independent woman to last more than 30 minutes

They put more characterization into unVal in 5 minutes than they have into any of the POV characters, so of course she had to go....

Ehh. I like hearing him talk. Better than Emilia Clarke fo sho

Its not Dinklage's fault. I can feel his salt from here. His lack of enthusiasm is likely due to the fact they cut up a bunch of Tyrion's best stuff. Id be pretty fucking salty if i were him. Clarke, on the other hand, has no fucking excuse for being a paper bag. Shes always been a paper bag, but its now even more obvious for everyone to see. Just about everyone else in the show has fine chemistry with Dinklage. Shows just how bad she is.

You may be right. His acting seems to be proportional to the writing.

But Clarke...yeah, man. For a second I thought they had recast her as Catelyn because that was some dead fish acting.

They put more characterization into unVal in 5 minutes than they have into any of the POV characters, so of course she had to go....

Amen...

Only after Dany offers Tyrion marriage (she can annul her Hizdahr marriage or whatever) and he turns her down because he's still mourning Shae.

I am waiting for that... And then Internet will break of how tragically in love Tyrion is with a whore...

Sure. I can think of a lot of fun to be had with that gaping expression, huehuehue

Dinklage hasnt been allowed to offer up new stuff. That man is a fantastic actor. Hes written like shit and even he knows it.

He has been watered down. In the books, the only peice of womanflesh he resists completely is Sansa and he is much more Ugly.

I saw that as the boss Other is testing Jon and the Wildling leadership there, thus the smaller initial wave of wights before cranking it up to a full horde after he watched Jon kill a lieutenant with Longclaw. Sorta how the other Others sat back and watched as Waymar Royce went at it with the one Other in the very first prologue. Was I alone in this?

I guess that could be it, but it still doesn't really make sense to me. Testing them to what purpose? It seems like their goal is to wipe out as many people as possible and turn them into wights so that they can have an unstoppable army to destroy everyone living in the world. Really I just think it was to have a dramatic climax to the whole scene, as little sense as it made.

The way I interpreted the Waymar scene was that he was just one guy, the Others knew that one of them was sufficient to take him, they were actually laughing about the whole fight. Now that their army is on the move, though, I think they would have just gone in for the immediate kill.

You may be right. His acting seems to be proportional to the writing.

But Clarke...yeah, man. For a second I thought they had recast her as Catelyn because that was some dead fish acting.

harrrrr

You know what i am a little sick of? The Edd Fakeouts. I am sick of them faking it out that Edd gets iced. Its like, the third time the show has done that and im like "FUCKING STOP IT!"

Winterfell became a soap opera in my opinion and I think Ramsay will die this season in the show (the way he wants to go in a suicidal mission hinted that).

Braavos was fine today, I like Arya's scene, it was the only book scene we had this episode, despite the fact Jaqen wasn't supposed to be there.

Daenerys and Tyrion talk was boring and of course, filler (I don't think it was a spoiler, as in the books they are far away from each other, he is in Meereen and she is in the Dothraki Sea.

Cersei's scenes were awesome, I liked how she is suffering, just like she was in the books.

Hardhome, of course it was filler, we won't even see Hardhome, they already too the people from there away in the books and Jon was never there (I think the wildlings there were taken away by slavers, IIRC)

Sam and Gilly are too obvious, they had no discretion anymore, what the hell happened to the vows? In the books Sam would have been beheaded if he was obvious like that with Gilly.

I think terrifying things are almost always more terrifying when you don't quite know what they are. The little girl in the very first episode of the series was scary because she basically looked like a little doll come to evil life and we didn't know what was going on with her. But the more you show the thing, the less terrifying it becomes. Also i think someone has been watching The Walking Dead (another show whose popularity doesn't seem to be related to its quality) because that stomping on the head thing is so TWD! (Daryl would be right at home with the Wildlings and sometimes I find the Carol sobriquet for Cersei confusing because TWD Carol is awesome and more Machiavellian than Cersei to boot ;))

Anyway to get back to my point: the battle itself was fine, whatever, but I agree that there are so many better uses for the money they spent on it, like, I don't know, casting some Northern Lords or improving the abysmal Dorne storyline? I guess they know their audience though because just wait, this episode will get tons of high praise because Kewl Battles Are So Kewl and so much better than those dull books exploring the aftermath of war or the burden or leadership or how to fulfill conflicting oaths. Who cares about all that characterization junk?

Archived