Where do we go from Here? Away, hard...(spoilers galore)

Fragile Bird

So all of a sudden we seem to be almost-sort-of vaguely back on the path...

Arya seems to have skipped a few steps and combined some lives to become the oyster girl/eyes on the street, ready to give the gift to the insurance seller. But on track, as far as I can tell.

Jon is bringing in the wildings, but combined with the Hardhome story which, as far as we know, may not have gone quite as well, but once again, stories are combined. We have new elements though, the idea that the White Walkers have identified Jon Snow, plus the concept that Valyrian steel can work just like dragon glass. (Was that Benjen Stark?) But why can't wights swim? Hell, they can do everything else. Personally, I would have rowed that boat a lot faster. And speaking of faster, my heart skipped a beat thinking we were seeing a Val-like character being added. Sending her girls off ahead, though, made me suspect somebody was going to die. But maybe we have new potential 'royals' for Melisandre to burn?

Tyrion with Dany is so far ahead of any recognizable plot line that I'm not sure what comes next. Jorah and his greyscale is also in new territory. What's happening here?

And Cersei seems to be right smack dab in the middle of her book POVs. More or less.

Not much insight yet into what's happening with Sam and Gilly. What will be the result of Sam's conversation with Olly?

Did we get any insights into the future, or were we just nailing down plot points we assumed would happen last week?

ETA: As soon as I hit send, I realized I failed to mention Sansa. Theon turning her in made book sense, since we know what happened there. But Ramsay taking 20 men and beating Stannis? What is he going to do, there's no Winterfell situation where he can sneak in and take over. And Ramsay surely has never seen a winter like this, so his comments about knowing winter are BS, aren't they?

The official synopsis for episode 10 makes it seem like the stabbing does not occur in episode 9.

Can they really do the stabbing and the resurrection in one episode though? I had thought it would be stabbing = ep.9 and resurrection = ep.10. With the whole burning Shireen topic being brought up I thought for sure we would get the resurrection this season. Now it looks like they may give us a ADWD style cliffhanger.

I think episode 9's Wall arc will be :

- Jon and wildlings return to the Wall.

- Thorne reluctantly opens the gate (perhaps with Sam having a hand in it).

- Jon learns of Aemon's death and sends Sam and Gilly away, to Oldtown.

- Hell lot of discontent within the Watch as Free Folk settle in the Gift.

Then, episode 10 will have the stabbity stab...

The official synopsis for episode 10 makes it seem like the stabbing does not occur in episode 9.

Can they really do the stabbing and the resurrection in one episode though? I had thought it would be stabbing = ep.9 and resurrection = ep.10. With the whole burning Shireen topic being brought up I thought for sure we would get the resurrection this season. Now it looks like they may give us a ADWD style cliffhanger.

The only way I can se his resurrection working if they save stabbing for a cliffhanger, is if season, 6 picks up right at the wall, right where it left off. so I guess in a way, I hope they do in one episode, otherwise for many viewers it will be just another dead stark. although I can see the show planning on that, except for marketing next season will be hard and keeping Kit's involvement a secret, almost impossible.

Well between there only being two episodes left, and a good chunk of the effects money went into episode 8's fight, I doubt we'll see the Battle of Winter this season. Heck, Ramsay's raid seems more a plot device to keep everyone busy.

I just realized this episode featured all the main characters all at once, can't remember the last time that happened and it made me realize what their destinies are

Tyrion- To find his purpose in life which is worth of his talents and finally get the respect he deserves which is denied him his whole life because of his height

Dany- Always going on about how westeros is her home to realize that is not true. Tyrion told her in this episode that maybe it is better for her to stay where she can do the most good and her belief that Westeros is her home is ironic considering the Valyrians originally are from the east.

Jon- To save the North from the White Walkers. Hint dropped he is king crow, he will lead the watch to victory and help the wildlings settle in their new home

Arya- Is learning how to kill on her path to seek revenge but will that be enough, is being an assassin really what she wants to do

Sansa- Stop being a victim grow up from her silly little dreams and find her place in this new world

Looks like this show theory could be coming true.

TL;DR - Ramsay sneeks into camp Stannis and does some unthinkable stuff.

I'm starting to worry that Arya's arc is going to skip the senses training. No potion drinking? No cat-vision? I'm hoping it will be one of the cliff-hangers that caps off episode 10.

I'm not sure where Jaime is going. Looking at the preview for next episode, it looks like Prince Doran is giving him an offer to join him or something. I thought if he just sent Jamie back, that would've put things back on track for both characters [Doran and Jamie].

Looks like there is still going to be a lot of AFFC/ADWD content in next season.

ETA: As soon as I hit send, I realized I failed to mention Sansa. Theon turning her in made book sense, since we know what happened there. But Ramsay taking 20 men and beating Stannis? What is he going to do, there's no Winterfell situation where he can sneak in and take over. And Ramsay surely has never seen a winter like this, so his comments about knowing winter are BS, aren't they?

I think Ramsey will be TWOW sample chapter basically.

He's going to try to infiltrate his base or something.

Once he fails, I think Bolton might show a little disappointment, and Ramsey will kill the Frey wife.

In regards to Winterfell, I'm thinking that Ramsay will return from his expedition with Shireen. I posted in another thread that this would force Stannis to choose between his daughter and Winterfell/Iron Throne, thus fulfilling Mel's vision that Stannis needs to sacrifice Shireen in order to win.

But now I'm thinking that alternatively, what if Stannis survives the battle, but loses his sword during combat. Then Ramsay returns to Winterfell with Stannis' "magic sword," claiming that Stannis has been defeated in order to prove to his father that he is the more worthy heir over Walda's son. That would possibly spoil the pink letter cliffhanger from the books. And because of Ramsay's lie, Roose lets his guard down.

I found this snippet from the preview next week quite interesting. Melisandre is looking at her fires when she turns away with a stunned expression.

Looks like this show theory could be coming true.

TL;DR - Ramsay sneeks into camp Stannis and does some unthinkable stuff.

I'm starting to worry that Arya's arc is going to skip the senses training. No potion drinking? No cat-vision? I'm hoping it will be one of the cliff-hangers that caps off episode 10.

From these two...I'm getting a chill that... it might not be Shireen who dies, but Stannis...

The one thing that could make Selyse grieve and Mel give that look.. would be if Stannis died...

I fear so much for Stannis now... but knowing how GRRM plays us... He made us all love Stannis, he made us believe in him... God I hope I'm wrong....

Long live Stannis the true king !

Archived