[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVIII - DeReekerization

Mladen

Sneak in and assassinate Stannis? That was how Stannis disposed of Renly, albeit using a shadow baby instead of 20 men.

I am pretty sure that is what he will do but if he can get Shireen too that would basically end the Baratheon line. Who knows how this plays out but does anyone else think that since LF was not in this episode, the jetpack is being used to marshall the Vale forces so that they are in the North in episode 10?

I just watched the inside the episode and D&D basically say that this info gives her hope and rejuvination (spelling?). It is according to them, Earthhattering but in a good way as she thought she was totally alone in the world. So, last week, half brother is LC of Night's watch and this week, the true king and lord of the North/Winterfell, Bran and Rickon are alive. Now, where to find them?

I took her exchange with Theon as a hint that she's gonna go all hooded woman on Winterfell.

She grabbed that knife/tool/whatever the fuck it was when she started walking with Ramsay an episode ago. She was hooded in that scene. A stretch, I know.

Then tonight with Theon.

"They were your brothers!"= Theon Kinslayer

Can't remember the exact quote but when she says something like "tell me why Bran and Rickon are dead and you're still here?"= "How is it you still breath?"

Idk, I'm probably way off but I think of the hooded man in WF most of the time Sansa is on screen.

With Ramsay possibly leaving WF to go on a super assasin mission with 20 men, seems like a good time for Sansa to start making her way out.

People keep saying she'll destroy them from the inside but who can she trust now that the old lady is dead, and Theon has proven that he will snitch on her? If there were Northern lords around then I could see this but they don't seem to have a presence in the show. I also don't know how she will get a letter out when those are Bolton servants who would send out the raven and I'm sure Ramsay would tell them not to take orders from her. Then there is the added issue of Myranda lurking around. How could she realistically do this and not get found out?

Also, this has nothing to do with Sansa herself, but what's the deal with Sophie being taller than all her opposite men? She was taller than Jack and Aidan, and now she's taller than Iwan and Alfie. xD She must be a pretty tall girl to be taller than 4 guys.

I think she's 5-10 almost 6 ft tall.

I am pretty sure that is what he will do but if he can get Shireen too that would basically end the Baratheon line. Who knows how this plays out but does anyone else think that since LF was not in this episode, the jetpack is being used to marshall the Vale forces so that they are in the North in episode 10?

Dear lord, just because LF wasn't in an episode it doesn't mean a thing. The Vale army will not appear anytime soon, at least not this season and with everything else going on.

We still need to see the Battle of Winterfell (if it even happens) and if it does it will be next season. Even if Ramsay does kill Stannis with 20 men or vice versa, there is this huge army that will be around and they will not kneel to the Boltons or Stannis so easily, and if they do they it just decreases Littlefingers chances of taking the north, the two might unite.

LF plans are based on the fact that the two armys will weaken and kill each other off. That will not happen now, especially with the recent Hardhome battle that just happened.

People keep saying she'll destroy them from the inside but who can she trust now that the old lady is dead, and Theon has proven that he will snitch on her? If there were Northern lords around then I could see this but they don't seem to have a presence in the show. I also don't know how she will get a letter out when those are Bolton servants who would send out the raven and I'm sure Ramsay would tell them not to take orders from her. Then there is the added issue of Myranda lurking around. How could she realistically do this and not get found out?

Myranda and Walda are dead women walking as far as I can see.

I hope Bran gets the servers up for the world wide weirwood soon. Maybe we'll see it next season, but including it in this season's finale would be pretty amazing.

yeah i don't know how she's going to it either. Theon " thought" he was helping her in a odd way. Maybe myranda will help her, but i doubt it. she could maybe get a letter out by herself once ramsay leaves. Only way she can destroy them from inside is by killing them.

I took her exchange with Theon as a hint that she's gonna go all hooded woman on Winterfell.

She grabbed that knife/tool/whatever the fuck it was when she started walking with Ramsay an episode ago. She was hooded in that scene. A stretch, I know.

Then tonight with Theon.

"They were your brothers!"= Theon Kinslayer

Can't remember the exact quote but when she says something like "tell me why Bran and Rickon are dead and you're still here?"= "How is it you still breath?"

Idk, I'm probably way off but I think of the hooded man in WF most of the time Sansa is on screen.

With Ramsay possibly leaving WF to go on a super assasin mission with 20 men, seems like a good time for Sansa to start making her way out.

I think the whole "kinslayer" thing with Theon in the books is related to the two miller's boys that he killed. In the books Theon mentions having slept with the Miller's wife (no indication of how long the affair went on, but seemed like more than a one time thing). I forget the math, but I think one of the miller's boys could potentially have been Theon's son (the oldest boy probably could not have been his). I think you may be correct in a sense that D & D were trying to tie in the language from the hooded man in the books, but the kinslayer thing does not work here. The implication of people referring to him as "kinslayer" is that they had talked to Glover and Manderly, and are possibly in on the plot against the Boltons (Glover and Manderly had Theon's squire from his time as Lord of Winterfell). The whole kinslaying subplot just adds to the internal torment that Theon is going through, but all the depth from the Winterfell storyline from the books is not present in the show.

I think the whole "kinslayer" thing with Theon in the books is related to the two miller's boys that he killed. In the books Theon mentions having slept with the Miller's wife (no indication of how long the affair went on, but seemed like more than a one time thing). I forget the math, but I think one of the miller's boys could potentially have been Theon's son (the oldest boy probably could not have been his). I think you may be correct in a sense that D & D were trying to tie in the language from the hooded man in the books, but the kinslayer thing does not work here. The implication of people referring to him as "kinslayer" is that they had talked to Glover and Manderly, and are possibly in on the plot against the Boltons (Glover and Manderly had Theon's squire from his time as Lord of Winterfell). The whole kinslaying subplot just adds to the internal torment that Theon is going through, but all the depth from the Winterfell storyline from the books is not present in the show.

Oh, I'm definitely in on the idea that the HM was referring to one of Theons bastards.

D&D aren't going that route, they consistently refer to the boys as "farm boys" rather than the "millers boys".

Only 3 people, IIRC, have referred to Theon as a kinslayer.

It's all in the language and subtleties that give me a hooded woman vibe. It's not much, 2 scenes at most.

I've had a lot of hope for her arc this season and it seems to be paying off. Now she knows Bran and Rickon are still alive, she has more incentives to escape and possibly even a mission to accomplish once she does other "I need to get away from bad people". Family, duty, honor. :commie:

She will escape (obviously) and I predict she will pass this knowledge off to Davos and Brienne which will put Davos on the mission Wyman Manderly gave him. Only he will now have Brienne to back him up. Brienne is like a pokemon trainer in Westeros except instead of pokemon her mission is to collect all the Starks. Gotta catch'em all (she didn't have enough badges for Arya).

I just watched the inside the episode and D&D basically say that this info gives her hope and rejuvination (spelling?). It is according to them, Earthhattering but in a good way as she thought she was totally alone in the world. So, last week, half brother is LC of Night's watch and this week, the true king and lord of the North/Winterfell, Bran and Rickon are alive. Now, where to find them?

With all due respect, when I have seen that video, all I was able to think was "do these guys know what they actually talk about?"

But, I am glad that they believe that constant rapes are so easily overcome... It is like they are not even trying.

I think she's 5-10 almost 6 ft tall.

Her height is 175cm. Now, you Americans, convert that for yourselves :)

Oh, I'm definitely in on the idea that the HM was referring to one of Theons bastards.

D&D aren't going that route, they consistently refer to the boys as "farm boys" rather than the "millers boys".

Only 3 people, IIRC, have referred to Theon as a kinslayer.

It's all in the language and subtleties that give me a hooded woman vibe. It's not much, 2 scenes at most.

I think it would be nice to have a hooded man or hooded woman in this plot. Perhaps having her kill Myranda, and then put in a sort of "who done it" subplot, but it looks to be too late in the season for that. Not to mention that she is locked in the room at all hours of the day (but maybe she could pick the lock with that tool that she took). It would be nice if Sansa does become the "hooded woman" though.

But most likely, its just D & D shoehorning in language in an effort to be "faithful" to the books.

I think it would be nice to have a hooded man or hooded woman in this plot. Perhaps having her kill Myranda, and then put in a sort of "who done it" subplot, but it looks to be too late in the season for that. Not to mention that she is locked in the room at all hours of the day (but maybe she could pick the lock with that tool that she took). It would be nice if Sansa does become the "hooded woman" though.

But most likely, its just D & D shoehorning in language in an effort to be "faithful" to the books.

True, it could just D&D trying to be clever.

I certainly could be reading too much into it, and it is really late in the season.

They could be combining the hopeful Sansa escape with a hooded woman theme.

With Ramsay possibly leaving WF to head towards Stannis, at least Sansa will have a little bit more time to do something.

I've had a lot of hope for her arc this season and it seems to be paying off. Now she knows Bran and Rickon are still alive, she has more incentives to escape and possibly even a mission to accomplish once she does other "I need to get away from bad people". Family, duty, honor. :commie:

You're actually one of the few people who is acknowledging Sansa's Tully side, which most people seem to forget (even though she's the most Tully of all of the Stark children), they look at her as just a Stark as all the kids. This kind of made me think of her in a different way, and TBH her whole path this season does revolve around "Family, Duty, Honor". She is Catelyn Tully's daughter as well, the Starks were not the only ones who were done wrong, the Tully's are/were a prominent house as well.

Archived