[BOOK SPOILERS] Discussing Sansa XVIII - DeReekerization

Mladen

I'm kind of surprised that so little movement happened in the Sansa/Theon plot this week. There are only two episodes left, and those episodes look to be stuffed to the gills with material from other plotlines. I had thought there would be some sort of alternative escape plan in the works, but with only two episodes left, I dunno.

Interesting that Roose made it sound like there would be no Battle of Ice, apart from Ramsay's small preemptive sortie. On the other hand, "Stannis marches" in 5x10, so who knows?

Aidan Gillen supposedly said that he wasn't in the last two episodes of Season 5 before Season 5 started airing, but since he clearly wasn't in 5x08, either, I'm surprised he didn't say he wasn't in the last three, unless he misspoke.

Sansa learning about Bran and Rickon seems to be setup for her Season 6 arc, whatever that is.

This is probably going to sound stupid to you people, but this episode taught me what Sansa's real arc is. It's not her abuse, it's not her being a victim or getting revenge or any of that crap. Her arc is her family. She didn't want to be a Stark, then lost her family and realises how important they were, now she knows Bran and Rickon alive and she'll try do something about. She has a reason to survive now. That's her arc. I like it. I like it a lot.

Her family is all she really has now. Let it play out and see where it goes.

I'm kind of surprised that so little movement happened in the Sansa/Theon plot this week. There are only two episodes left, and those episodes look to be stuffed to the gills with material from other plotlines. I had thought there would be some sort of alternative escape plan in the works, but with only two episodes left, I dunno.

Interesting that Roose made it sound like there would be no Battle of Ice, apart from Ramsay's small preemptive sortie. On the other hand, "Stannis marches" in 5x10, so who knows?

It appears that Ramsay is wanting to get into his camp and assasinate Stannis, they might succeed only for him to be resurrected or kidnap Shireen to use as a hostage. I would love for Mel to launch a fireball at his ass but, a man can dream.

Aidan Gillen supposedly said that he wasn't in the last two episodes of Season 5 before Season 5 started airing, but since he clearly wasn't in 5x08, either, I'm surprised he didn't say he wasn't in the last three, unless he misspoke.

The fact that so little happened this week made me wonder if the escape isn't how this is actually going to play out in the show.

There is no need for a timeskip for that: Sansa goes back to her chambers after taking the tour of Winterfell last episode. Gets locked in. Ramsay walks in during the night and rapes her. Next morning, she chooses a fancy dress to confront Theon.

I doubt the Bolton garrison would follow her if she openly executes Roose while Ramsay is away. And I don't think they'll obey her if she orders them to keep Ramsay outside Winterfell. She will need subterfuge if she's planning to inherit the garrison.

As in, kill either Fat Walda or Roose, pin it on Ramsay while Ramsay is away somehow (pin it on Myranda?) and, somehow, get rid of Roose. Mmm... Jaqen would have a hard time planning and executing all that.

It depends how it goes down but unless the actess is lying about her season ending ambiguously. I bet she flees Winterfell to join Brienne and Pod on a quest to find Rickon next year.

I was kind of expecting there to be more, too. While they weren't in the previews, I kind of think they really need to be in episode 9 too.

My prediction is that Sansa's escape is what prompts Roose to order the march, because they need to recover their supposedly super-valuable hostage (whose value we never really see, but that's another story). In the books it was prompted by Roose wanting to get rid of some of the quarreling parties within Winterfell, but that's obviously not applicable here.

Ramsay attacks in episode 9? But he hasn't left Winterfell yet.

Ramsay may have already left with the men after his talk with Daddy and their generals. I bet he hits next week and will be back for an inevtitable final season meeting with Sansa.

I don't think Sansa will escape, she'll stay home. Now that she knows her brothers are alive, she has a positive reason to keep on going apart from just revenge.

Myranda will be in episode 9, maybe Sansa will as well, though Myranda could just interact with Ramsay, or be part of his 20 men.

There was something in the Inside the Episode for 5x08 where D&D talk about Sansa's revelation about Bran and Rickon inspires her both to survive this ordeal and "extricate herself" from her current predicament. So maybe we will see another escape plan or Sansa take some sort of steps to help herself.

Also, this has nothing to do with Sansa herself, but what's the deal with Sophie being taller than all her opposite men? She was taller than Jack and Aidan, and now she's taller than Iwan and Alfie. xD She must be a pretty tall girl to be taller than 4 guys.

She's a solid 5'9'' maybe even 5'10'', plus they add in a bit of a heel to her shoes so I'm sure she reaches 6' or more.

Jack is 5'7'', Iwan is 5'8'', Alfie Allen 5'9'' and Adian is 5'10'', they don't get heels.

Also, this has nothing to do with Sansa herself, but what's the deal with Sophie being taller than all her opposite men? She was taller than Jack and Aidan, and now she's taller than Iwan and Alfie. xD She must be a pretty tall girl to be taller than 4 guys.

She's 5'9, which is about average for male height, but this show has a number of not-very-tall guys on it, and Sophie always wears heels too (so clearly the show wants to accentuate this, otherwise they could just give her flats to at least minimize it).

Sophie is 5'9 and iwan is 5'8. Not sure about about alfie, jack, and aidan.

Even though I have always hated the idea of Sansa in Winterfell, the mere meeting between these two was always an interesting thing to explore. With this thread title, I really wanted us ti explore how long will Sansa keep pressurizing Reek and when it will all break into pieces. So, apparently, the shock didn't move Theon. But will Sansa? It would be interesting if we would see Sansa undoing everything Ramsay did. Well, not everything, though ;)

One of Sansa's strongest assets is her ability to talk to people (ramsy doesn't count) and get them to open up by showing empathy, by #10 Theon may give up more info, like things within the crypt that Sansa either forgot or did not know about.

Also in preview saw no WF or Sansa theon for next week.

Archived