Tyrion's suggestion to Dany

Dragon_Rider

Yes, the "wheel" is a metaphor for the entire feudal system of Westeros and its ruling houses--including her own.

I'm still not sure a democratic revolution is in the scope of the series, though, with only two books and two seasons left.

Yeah, that part is a little more hazy. I am in the group that believes there won't be an IT in the end though I don't know if that means a democratic revolution.

Once Dany tells Tyrion she wants him to advise her, the first thing he says is perhaps she should seek a different cause than conquering the Seven Kingdoms, that she might be best staying in Essos instead of sitting on the Iron Throne. I've always speculated, as have many others of course, that ultimately Dany will turn down the Iron Throne and will realize she wants something else. Tyrion apparently is the first to sow this seed of doubt in her mind, and with this conversation the show may have really spoiled the direction in which Dany's storyline will take towards the end. What do you guys think?

I think Dany will die in childbirth.

The most interesting part of that sequence to me is that she includes herself in the wheel she plans to break. She lists Targaryens along with all the other houses. There's no way that is a slip-up or lousy writing. It's way too obvious so it must be intentional - the writers want to call attention to the fact that she intends to break every house, the entire system, including her own. That sounds like a rejection of the IT to me.

It does, but it also seems out of character. To this point, her ultimate goal has been to reclaim the IT. Nothing seems to have suddenly changed that, so I'm not sure why they put that in there. It'll be interesting to see if they explore that idea further or if its just a dramatic speech for the sake of the trailer they put out before the season that will be forgotten.

Once Dany tells Tyrion she wants him to advise her, the first thing he says is perhaps she should seek a different cause than conquering the Seven Kingdoms, that she might be best staying in Essos instead of sitting on the Iron Throne. I've always speculated, as have many others of course, that ultimately Dany will turn down the Iron Throne and will realize she wants something else. Tyrion apparently is the first to sow this seed of doubt in her mind, and with this conversation the show may have really spoiled the direction in which Dany's storyline will take towards the end. What do you guys think?

The different cause she is going to take is fighting the others. I don't think that is what Tyrionhas in mind at the moment but that is what is eventually going to happen.

It is important for the audiences and Dany to question her motivations and her future but I do not think it is foreshadowing. Essos never has been her home. Her home is with her family and after Drogo died she has none, claiming her family seat is the closest she thinks she can get to family at this point. I believe she will either die in Westeros or stay there, maybe in Dragonstone. But Essos has always been alien to her and her real story is not there.

Interesting observation if she included Targaryen in her speech. It certainly was not in the trailers. I have believed some kind of Magna Carta was possible for Westeros and parliament but not complete removal of feudal system. I think this speech indicates Dany does not feel part of the system and sympathizes with the commons rather than trying to completely change it.

It is important for the audiences and Dany to question her motivations and her future but I do not think it is foreshadowing. Essos never has been her home. Her home is with her family and after Drogo died she has none, claiming her family seat is the closest she thinks she can get to family at this point. I believe she will either die in Westeros or stay there, maybe in Dragonstone. But Essos has always been alien to her and her real story is not there.

Interesting observation if she included Targaryen in her speech. It certainly was not in the trailers. I have believed some kind of Magna Carta was possible for Westeros and parliament but not complete removal of feudal system. I think this speech indicates Dany does not feel part of the system and sympathizes with the commons rather than trying to completely change it.

It actually makes sense. Because Daenerys has never grown up in a feudal system.

She will obviously run off with Daario Naharis and shack up with him on a small island somewhere and have like a dozen kids with him.

(runs and hides)

OTOH I've never understood why people think that Jon has the better claim. He may be Rhaegar's son, but

1, he's in the Night's Watch, which means he is sworn to never wear any crown

I'm not sure where he'll ultimately end up, but I can see the Night's Watch dissolving once the great battle with the WW/Others is over. The wildlings would have already been integrated with the rest of society south of the wall and, without the threat of the WW/Others, there'd likely be nothing from which to protect the realm. So those vows could end up being moot by the time it's all said and done.

The question I wanted Tyrion to ask her, though, is, after the wheel is broken what goes in its place? She has no answer for that in Meereen.

In the end, I think Dany will realize that dragons and humans do not mix: they didn't in Asshai (now in the Shadowlands) and they didn't in Valyria. She will sacrifice her dragons for the greater good.

She will choose to return to the house with the red door, return to a remote life.

I would love to believe that, but I've always had the feeling Dany won't survive the series. Brightest flame burns out the quickest kind of thing. Also how many times has GRRM actually given characters what they truly want so far?

I don't think Dany would be happy in a quiet settled life if she thought she could be out there helping someone. She's a determined do-gooder. No peaceful/happy ending for her.

If she ends up as leader of Westeros she will stay leader unless she believes that Westeros would be better off without her ruling. If she decides to leave KL for somewhere else, it will be because she feels She can do more good there.

Of course, she might be entirely wrong about where she is doing or would do the most good, she might just mess things up more than help. But, one thing I'm sure of is that there's no peaceful quiet life that she'd be content in. She's driven to work for others on a large scale.

I don't think Dany would be happy in a quiet settled life if she thought she could be out there helping someone. She's a determined do-gooder. No peaceful/happy ending for her.

If she ends up as leader of Westeros she will stay leader unless she believes that Westeros would be better off without her ruling. If she decides to leave KL for somewhere else, it will be because she feels She can do more good there.

Of course, she might be entirely wrong about where she is doing or would do the most good, she might just mess things up more than help. But, one thing I'm sure of is that there's no peaceful quiet life that she'd be content in. She's driven to work for others on a large scale.

This .

She has dragon blood, she isn't someone who would retreat to a secluded place to live the rest of her life peacefully.

I think she would play a major part in the war against the Others, but there is so much to be learned about them, are they really the enemy ? Coldhands casts some doubts about the WW being senseless killers.

I can't see Dany giving up the quest for the Iron Thorne. No way.

What is unclear is what she will do if she gets it, and also how she will get it. Breaking the wheel may suggest that she wants to conquer Westeros, but she has no aspiration to be like the former kings. I could see her having the Iron Throne smashed...that is, if she is able to get that far.

You know, if Dany does stay in Essos and never go to Westeros it will be very interesting storytelling - but, it will effectively make Dany's entire story a side plot and Tyrion's story a dead end.

Imagine it though, Jon is dead dead, Dany never goes to Westeros and Bloodraven reveals to bran that the Nights King is his buddy. Westeros just gets trashed, with no monomyths trying to save it - funny way to finish it all.

You know, if Dany does stay in Essos and never go to Westeros it will be very interesting storytelling - but, it will effectively make Dany's entire story a side plot and Tyrion's story a dead end.

This is George's fault. Every single reader who is not a troll knows that Dany cannot die before coming to Westeros. Yet, George is putting her into making mistakes which cost dearly to other characters in Westeros. That is why her entire arc in SB feels like filler. George distracted himself too much with the Wot5K. That hurt the credibility of Dany’s being away from Westeros and her eventual arrival.

Victarion, Tyrion, Gerion Lannister if he returns, or another person in Westeros. Definitely not Jon.

Victarion is definitely out if the show isn't even going to include him. Same with Gerion Lannister. I think Dany dying having a baby with would be too major for the show to deviate from the books.

Victarion is definitely out if the show isn't even going to include him. Same with Gerion Lannister. I think Dany dying having a baby with would be too major for the show to deviate from the books.

GRRM: ...And how many children did Scarlett O'Hara have, anyway?

Archived