"You can swear your allegiance to me or die"

Candor

I'm not sure how this is going to play out. I'm guessing Doran is secretly backing Dany since Aegon is cut. Being that Jamie and Bronn left without anyone knowing that Balon Swann plot can't really take place on the trip coming back, I wonder how this is going to play out. I am however surprised to see Bronn still alive. If I were Bronn I'd keep my ass in Dorne and pursue Tyene.

After Ellaria bending her knee I was like "Now, NOW is the time for Doran to tell his true intentions! Now!" and then the scene switched and I was

like phfffffff.................... Deflayting baloon.

So much for "Fire and Blood", Doran. I believe the actors for Doran and Trystane are cast thrice this season (and they have already appeared thrice).

Don't expect any interesting twists unless Myrcella and Jamie will be ambushed (looks like both the actors have one more episode left)

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Season_5

Really? Holy crap, I've assumed Fire and Blood was coming next week. If there is no "Fire and Blood" speech, that makes the whole of Dorne an even bigger waste of time and debacle. I think we must get that speech and we must get Sand Snakes in King's Landing for Dorne to make any kind of sense.

Because if not...then holy crap. We've just gotten a complete and utter waste of time for no apparent reason on a show cutting characters and plots left and right to consolidate.

I'm not sure how this is going to play out. I'm guessing Doran is secretly backing Dany since Aegon is cut. Being that Jamie and Bronn left without anyone knowing that Balon Swann plot can't really take place on the trip coming back, I wonder how this is going to play out. I am however surprised to see Bronn still alive. If I were Bronn I'd keep my ass in Dorne and pursue Tyene.

I would probably sleep with her like an idiot but sticking it in crazy always comes back to bite you in the end.

Either Doran has something up his sleeves or the writers just completely wasted our time with the Dorne storyline this season. I guess we'll find out next episode.

I'm expecting that he'll send all three sand snakes to accompany the others to King's Landing, and I'm going to also guess they won't actually make it back to KL.

Honestly, I would have prefered to watch Brienne meander around Westeros than watch that terrible Dornish Turd of a plotline. Next time D&D say they "didn't have time" for something from the book I'm going to punch my computer.

Honestly, I would have prefered to watch Brienne meander around Westeros than watch that terrible Dornish Turd of a plotline. Next time D&D say they "didn't have time" for something from the book I'm going to punch my computer.

They did have the time. They didn't have the money.

Brienne Walking Around would have been much cheaper than "Jaime Wastes Time in Dorne".

I did enjoy the shots of the Alcazar, and the sheer presence of Areo Hotah (who bored me in the books); and Alexander Siddig as Doran - but why was there so little of Siddig-as-Doran and so much of the Sand Brats and Angry Ellaria?

I really think Mrycella is going to die next episode. Doran never had a plan for vengeance in the show, but since Mrycella will die he is going to decide to marry Trystane to Dany and side with her. Really destroys the Dorne plotline from the books but what are you going to do?

I really think Mrycella is going to die next episode. Doran never had a plan for vengeance in the show, but since Mrycella will die he is going to decide to marry Trystane to Dany and side with her. Really destroys the Dorne plotline from the books but what are you going to do?

And how is Myrcella going to die?

Sigh this has been just a pathetic excuse for a plotline. And like others have said, I just see no reason why Myrcella and Trystane aren't married and they aren't even going to bother to explain that much.

Do you people actually believe Doran was being sincere the whole time? Have you even read the books? I mean, I know there are big deviations, but it seems Doran was behaving exactly like in the early chapters of AFFC.

For me, it is quite obvious that he was trolling everyone.

I think that Doran will send a couple of sand snakes to Dany and one (with Ellaria) to king's landing with Trystane. So there will be Dornish agents in both KL and Mereen

I think Doran is keeping his options open but will eventually side with Dany and marry Trystane to her. As the Baratheon dynasty seems to be in trouble there isn't much to be gained by marry Mycella.

It seems this silly "rebellion" is over, it was just a way to introduce the sand snakes and give Jaime and Bronn something to do while waiting for more book material. The plot has served its purpose. It wasn't executed very well but it did its job.

Hopefully next season Dorne will have a better storyline.

Well, Joffrey was actually abusing Tommen in the books, and nobody reacted, didn't they? Robert did, but iirc in a way that could only make matters worse (didn't he hit Joffrey after the pregnant-cat thing, or something?).

So, amend this to, "UncleDad, Mom let Joffrey abuse Tommen for years. You were too busy playing warrior man to even notice that, but she did notice and let it continue. Don't you realise why I wouldn't want anything to do with her? Or, for that matter, you? The Dornish are crazy, but at least they are not hypocrites."

I'm just saying, that would be a pretty good reason as far as I'm concerned to let Jaime lose his last illusions about his family. Certainly better than 'oh noes, Cersei had sex with other people.'

I like this, and I love your version of a Jaime redemption arc.

Sadly I don't think D&D have that kind of complexity. They are just not empathetic enough to think that up, much-less be talented enough writers to pull it off.

Archived