What is Ramsay going to do to Stannis?

Uldra I

Who are they more likely to keep around, Stannis or Ramsey?

It might lend some credence to the theory that Mel tries to bring Stannis back from the dead and instead brings back Jon after all that hard work Olly did nodding and giving sharp forceful looks in the background.

Joff is dead, without Ramsey they don't have someone you love to hate, nor someone who can reasonably not-rape real-Sansa. His plot armor is stronger than Stannis, First and last of his name. If you remove Stannis, you can also cut out up to 4 speaking roles from the cast, though I'm sure they'll find away to keep Mel-sans-bra around, probably to keep Jon's nights warm and full of trembles.

and with Stannis dead, they can keep going with National Lampoon's Brianne's Westeros Vacation.

Then again...

how better to show how empowered Sansa is now than to have her rescued from Ramsey by King Stannis?

Nice to find someone who appreciates the complexity of the show in here. Had not considered that Ramsey's plot armor is now up to like +12.

He also caters to the disturbed 50 Shades of Grey demographic, so that's got a bump up his plot armour another couples points at least.

I too worry about Olly. I hope he's doing yoga or something, cause if he keeps up the furious nodding pace, he's liable to break his poor little neck...

I'm not worried about Stannis. He and Ramsay will make it to next season. I'm more worried about Roose. I fear he may be killed when Sansa and Theon make their escape. It comes the season to establish him as the main antagonist and it's again all about Ramsay, with Roose in the background. The showrunners have a history of getting rid of characters they aren't particularly invested into.

He takes his 20 best men and defects to the Stannis camp, decrying his father as a horrible person who raped his bride and mutilated Theon Greyjoy. Then he uses Stannis' army to sack Winterfell, kill his father and pregnant Stepmother, and rule Winterfell in Stannis' name. With a Stark bride and a Baratheon king, the northern lords flock to his banner.

Then he lights the candle in the tower, summoning Brianne, who rushes in and kills Stannis, and then is sent away again by Sansa. Meanwhile Podrick has received a raven that says someone from KL was killed in Braavos by a girl who looked like Arya Stark, and Brianne rushes off to save her.

On the one hand this scenario takes a big steaming dump on the book plot and so would definitely appeal to D&D....on the other it actually makes for some kind of coherent plot so extremely unlikely in the show.

He takes his 20 best men and defects to the Stannis camp, decrying his father as a horrible person who raped his bride and mutilated Theon Greyjoy. Then he uses Stannis' army to sack Winterfell, kill his father and pregnant Stepmother, and rule Winterfell in Stannis' name. With a Stark bride and a Baratheon king, the northern lords flock to his banner.

Then he lights the candle in the tower, summoning Brianne, who rushes in and kills Stannis, and then is sent away again by Sansa. Meanwhile Podrick has received a raven that says someone from KL was killed in Braavos by a girl who looked like Arya Stark, and Brianne rushes off to save her.

Ramsay siding with Stannis kills any dramatic tension in the Stannis vs Roose conflict.

He's going to use his plot armor to pull off an irrational but highly successful attack of stannis supply lines that decimates stannis and makes him very desperate........that's my guess. Ramsay will not fail that's for sure.

Ramsay siding with Stannis kills any dramatic tension in the Stannis vs Roose conflict.

Honestly, I'd suggest they haven't been building up any tension between them. We've had maybe two scenes total from each side, and the most overbearing point that has been made is that Ramsey is taking on Stannis with 20 men.

So it won't be any kind of battle, it will be a very small scene more like Yara's attempt to rescue Theon, or it will be a dialogue. They have established that Ramsey is worried about his succession, and he certainly doesn't trust his father to make good on his word nor can he manipulate him. He can't just outright kill his step-mother since he's the obvious party. That leaves tricking Stannis.

Its 'more devious and cleverer' for him to trick both sides and come out on top, and it gives Brianne something to do in the north. If she doesn't storm the castle ala Lancelot this season, there wasn't any reason to even show her there.

Its an LCD plot, which is the most I've come to expect of D&D. It has nothing to do with the books or even consistency. Its about protecting the characters who bring in the most viewers, not the 'best' viewers. By best I mean those most invested in the show because they love the IP. And by most I mean those who are here to watch a song of tits and blood, and the occasional dancing demon monkey.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived