What is Ramsay going to do to Stannis?

Uldra I

Ride to the camp, inflict major damage, then somehow make it back to Winterfell.

Yeah probably, LOL. I've always assumed he wrote the pink letter and have thought some of the theories were crackpottish, so it's looking more and more like the Boltons will make it through the season, and the battle will hold over for next year...Sansa and Theon will jump...so I assume also Stannis can't die yet either.

Ye gods its episode 9, so basically something shocking has to happen. Meryn will die, along with mr loan shark, but thats just not that shocking. Sons of the harpy will try for Daenerys, but we all know how that ends. I have grave fears...but then maybe this is the setup for Ramsey to get the info for the Pink Letter, which of course will be a ruse.

I just had a horrible thought that could relate to the show and the books.

What if Ramsay is brought in on the whole "Stannis fakes his death" plot in the books and the show. In the show Ramsay could be riding out to negotiate with Stannis and then return to Winterfell pretending he has killed Stannis only to hand the castle and Roose over to Stannis later.

Similarly in the books I always assumed that Ramsay was convinced that Stannis was dead even though this requires Ramsay to be very gulible but maybe he was in on the plot against Roose and the Freys after Walda's pregnancy was announced. Maybe he rode out, let the Manderlys kill the Freys, was given Lightbringer to show off, is told to write a letter proclaiming Stannis's death (remember Ramsay has no real proof of this) and is just waiting for a chance to stab his dear old dad in the back.

Unlike some I don't think the northern lords are pinnacles of morality but would they use Ramsay to avenge the RW even though they know what he is? They never do anything to try to help fArya. Throughout the last book Ramsay's intelligence is played down a hell of a lot and we expect Roose to out game him but maybe that is just a cover for what is really going down.

Maybe this is why Brienne has been brought in. To give Sansa someone else to run to (fArya arrives in Stannis's camp and is sent away before Ramsay rides out in the book so she is never in danger of being traded).

Ramsay is going to personally kill Stannis after setting his camp ablaze. In the morning, Melisandre will make the move to burn Shireen. Selyse will finally show affection for her daughter and plead for Mel to spare Shireen. She won’t; Shireen burns and Stannis rises again. Ramsay will retreat back to Winterfell believing his task accomplished and expecting Stannis’s army to retreat without a king to follow.

In the finale, Selyse will forgive Mel. However, Stannis won’t and he’ll banish Mel back to the wall. He’ll then order word to be sent out confirming his death so the Boltons will be unaware of the impending siege. Ramsay will then send some version of the Pink Letter and Jon will receive it before Melisandre arrives.

Classic small unit disruption tactics. Kill his horses, burn his food, hit and run on the baggage train, kill his sentries but nothing else, maybe take a hostage. An army freezing and starving with bad things happening to it from an unseen foe will come apart at the seams.

Lightbringer is going to bring light to a part of Ramsey where there is no light!

Isn't Lightbringer at this point just a glamoured blade? Have people forgotten this?

My guess is Ramsay goes in and disrupts the camp, claims to kill Stannis (maybe burns his tent?). While he's out of WF, Brienne rescues Sansa & Reek. Brienne caught between a rock and hard place has to go to Stannis' camp or to the wall.

I feel like Melisandre is sent to the Wall by Stannis, arriving as Jon and the Wildlings do. From there, the pink letter gets sent to the wall, and the Jon scene happens.

I think there is a good chance Ramsay will take Shireen. That is why Selyse is crying in the snow (because she doesn't get a chance to burn her). Ramsay, the nastiest person in the show, might actually save Shireen's life.

Showdown between Ramsay and Melisandre! These two seem to know EVERYTHING and have lots of tricks up their sleeve while maintaining their poker faces so it would be awesome to see who surprises who.

Ramsay is going to personally kill Stannis after setting his camp ablaze. In the morning, Melisandre will make the move to burn Shireen. Selyse will finally show affection for her daughter and plead for Mel to spare Shireen. She won’t; Shireen burns and Stannis rises again. Ramsay will retreat back to Winterfell believing his task accomplished and expecting Stannis’s army to retreat without a king to follow.

In the finale, Selyse will forgive Mel. However, Stannis won’t and he’ll banish Mel back to the wall. He’ll then order word to be sent out confirming his death so the Boltons will be unaware of the impending siege. Ramsay will then send some version of the Pink Letter and Jon will receive it before Melisandre arrives.

This would be so EPIC!!! What would be intriguing is the reaction of the new wildlings to Mel's presence considering the show made a point of the 'southern king' burning Mance. I also don't whether ftw will happen before or after Mel arrives (assuming she even leaves for the Wall). Another theory is that Ramsey kills Shireen, which I find unlikely but not implausible.

I just had a horrible thought that could relate to the show and the books.

What if Ramsay is brought in on the whole "Stannis fakes his death" plot in the books and the show. In the show Ramsay could be riding out to negotiate with Stannis and then return to Winterfell pretending he has killed Stannis only to hand the castle and Roose over to Stannis later.

Similarly in the books I always assumed that Ramsay was convinced that Stannis was dead even though this requires Ramsay to be very gulible but maybe he was in on the plot against Roose and the Freys after Walda's pregnancy was announced. Maybe he rode out, let the Manderlys kill the Freys, was given Lightbringer to show off, is told to write a letter proclaiming Stannis's death (remember Ramsay has no real proof of this) and is just waiting for a chance to stab his dear old dad in the back.

Unlike some I don't think the northern lords are pinnacles of morality but would they use Ramsay to avenge the RW even though they know what he is? They never do anything to try to help fArya. Throughout the last book Ramsay's intelligence is played down a hell of a lot and we expect Roose to out game him but maybe that is just a cover for what is really going down.

Maybe this is why Brienne has been brought in. To give Sansa someone else to run to (fArya arrives in Stannis's camp and is sent away before Ramsay rides out in the book so she is never in danger of being traded).

That's interesting

If it all plays out, which I'm assuming it does, Ramsay will probably sneak into Stannis' camp during the night and kill as many men as he can before being discovered. Once that happens, him and his guys will probably retreat back to Winterfell.

Also, side note...there's a chance Sansa could also take the time to write to Jon while he's gone.

I thought the actor who plays Ramsay says his fate is unclear at the end of the season. My guess is that he rides out to try to burn Stannis's camp, hitting supply tents and whatnot, then rides back to Winterfell. On the way he is subdued by B&P, along with some "friends in the North" she has been able to recruit for just such an opportunity.

If his fate is unclear, my guess is he's dead. D&D need to cut some costs, so unless he's going to be central to the plot going forward, off with his head.

Archived