What is Ramsay going to do to Stannis?

Uldra I

What is Ramsay going to do to Stannis and his men with only 20 good men? Sent a shiver down my spine when Ramsay said it.

militarily, the logical thing would be what the cossacks did to the Grande Armee- harry, disrupt supply, destroy supplies.

Here i think he will have a crack at Stannis, but not kill him, or anyone substantial. A time pass.

Shireen is at the wall and safe in the books,i think it will be no different here - she is safe [although she could be taken hostage]. Melissandre is going to rush back because of what she say in the fire....

I have the feeling that Ramsay is playing a role similar of the Karstarks, particularly Arnolf Karstark's plan to assassinate Stannis but fails. So think Ramsay will infiltrate the camp kill a couple of Baratheon soldiers and then will be engaged by Stannis and his men. Ramsay will escape but all/most of his men will die, and some get 'lost' in the snow, either embarrassed he lies that he killed Stannis or Stannis puts some of his soldiers in Bolton uniforms and infiltrates WF Trojan Horse style

Burns the camp.

Also, I think Brienne is more likely to kill Stannis than Ramsay. I just hope Stannis gets to take Ramsay out first (actually, preferably Roose). Out of all the characters Stannis is one of the most deserving of a glorious death....and being killed by Brienne doesn't even scratch that. I hope this speculation is wrong.

It strikes me that Roose has spies in Stannis's camp. I wish they had the time to develop this a little more but it seems as though Roose is not concerned that he will need LF and the Vale troops to defeat Stannis anymore which is odd.

Ramsay will most definitely try and kill Stannis, Mel will be interesting as she will either get a vision through flames or something. Shireen is in grave danger no matter what happens. Given scene shots with interviews, Ramsay takes some physical punishment but I have no doubt will be able to escape back to Winterfell. I have heard rumors that the actor who plays the GreatJohn was done makeup this year and I would love for Stannis's ment to get reinforced, causing Ramsay to flee. My guess is, if Greatjohn comes, he might claim to have Rickon.

I hope that's true. Rickon and Osha were heading to the Last Hearth after leaving Bran & Co., and the Greatjon was confirmed as being alive and free in the show universe. Since we don't have Manderly or the other Umbers, and the whole Davos rescuing Rickon to secure the North's support plot, it would make sense to have the Greatjon coming to Stannis' aid instead.

The makeup rumor thing came from this: http://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/2wv1sm/greatjon_spoilers_all/

The original tweet is gone, but there's this exchange: https://twitter.com/katesfxmakeup/status/569747927033368576

Maybe it's true and it has nothing to do with GoT, or maybe she's trying to fix up a bloody mistake. Guess we will know soon enough.

I think Ramsay leaving Winterfell is just a way to move the story along. I think Ramsay will play the part of Arnolf Karstark and infiltrate Stannis' camp with his group. While Ramsay is away Theon will sneak off with Sansa to infiltrate Stannis' camp as well, and sorta play the part of Alys Karstark, exposing Ramsay. Sansa and Theon will reveal also reveal that Rickon and Bran may be alive. Stannis will see this as an opportunity to claim the North, and will send Davos to find them.

My friend just pointed out this crazy exciting theory and it seems so plausible in the show universe and I'm so behind it:

Ramsay goes to try and kill Stannis or at least inflict damage to his army. Whether he succeeds or not is almost irrelevant. Either on the way there or on the way back, Ramsay runs into...wait for it...Lady Stoneheart! She hangs Ramsay (or at least others with him) for the Bolton's part in the Red Wedding, instead of a random Frey cousin hanged, and potentially for his harm to Sansa. Let's not forget that the Freys haven't really been mentioned since Season 3 or maybe early Season 4 and the show has put much more focus of the blame on the Boltons, solidified by the fact that Sansa is at Winterfell with them and now married to Ramsay. Let's also not forget that while the title of the finale, Mother's Mercy, clearly refers to Cersei's walk (as the High Septon/Sparrow pointed out, the "Mother's Mercy" varies depending on the case it is applied to), it can also very likely refer to Lady Stoneheart, referred to as Mother Mercy in the appendix of A Feast For Crows (which Ramsay so conveniently said the title of in this episode).Even if it this scenario doesn't play out like this, it makes a whole lot of sense for this season and episode to be the one that finally brings in Lady Stoneheart, though I still think it could happen next season early if not.

I have the feeling that Ramsay is playing a role similar of the Karstarks, particularly Arnolf Karstark's plan to assassinate Stannis but fails. So think Ramsay will infiltrate the camp kill a couple of Baratheon soldiers and then will be engaged by Stannis and his men. Ramsay will escape but all/most of his men will die, and some get 'lost' in the snow, either embarrassed he lies that he killed Stannis or Stannis puts some of his soldiers in Bolton uniforms and infiltrates WF Trojan Horse style

And perhaps Stannis loses his sword in the battle but doesn't die, and Ramsay comes back with the "magic sword" (pink letter reference) and lies to Roose that Stannis is dead. I don't think it will be out of embarrassment, but rather Ramsay trying to show his father that he is the better heir and not Walda's son. Because of this, Roose lets his guard down.

I also like the Trojan Horse idea - ties in with how I think it may go down in the books.

what if Ramsay and his small crew stealthily kill sentries until they have enough uniforms for a couple guys to infiltrate Stannis' camps so they can set up something dastardly. They just need a couple guys to get in to make an opening and do some damage.

My friend just pointed out this crazy exciting theory and it seems so plausible in the show universe and I'm so behind it:

Ramsay goes to try and kill Stannis or at least inflict damage to his army. Whether he succeeds or not is almost irrelevant. Either on the way there or on the way back, Ramsay runs into...wait for it...Lady Stoneheart! She hangs Ramsay (or at least others with him) for the Bolton's part in the Red Wedding, instead of a random Frey cousin hanged, and potentially for his harm to Sansa. Let's not forget that the Freys haven't really been mentioned since Season 3 or maybe early Season 4 and the show has put much more focus of the blame on the Boltons, solidified by the fact that Sansa is at Winterfell with them and now married to Ramsay. Let's also not forget that while the title of the finale, Mother's Mercy, clearly refers to Cersei's walk (as the High Septon/Sparrow pointed out, the "Mother's Mercy" varies depending on the case it is applied to), it can also very likely refer to Lady Stoneheart, referred to as Mother Mercy in the appendix of A Feast For Crows (which Ramsay so conveniently said the title of in this episode).Even if it this scenario doesn't play out like this, it makes a whole lot of sense for this season and episode to be the one that finally brings in Lady Stoneheart, though I still think it could happen next season early if not.

plausible... mother mercy makes sense.

Dunno, but if it results in the deaths of Davos, Shireen or Stannis I will, very personally, in the comfort of my own house, riot!

If this season doesn't end with Stannis taking a steaming shit down Ramsays neck after removing his head, then I also riot.

Perfect time for Sansa to drag Theon back to the surface and escape. The way it's panning out I reckon they'll be the one to tell Stannis about Bran and Rickon although that's dependant on what happens with Ramsey Stallone and his fellow Expendables.

I wanna see Stannis causing it though. His Blackwater performance was superb.

Brienne will see Ramsay and his 20 best men leaving Winterfell. She'll follow him, so both will be near Stannis' camp. Ramsay will attack. Brienne will be closely following the action. Somehow, Brienne ends up saving Shireen from Ramsay, only to find out later that she's Stannis' daughter. Then she'll have to make a choice about her vengeance.

What I don't get is why she doesn't realize that while she's supposedly trying to protect a Stark, she's also thinking of killing Sansa's (maybe) only hope. I mean, the contradiction is there. Perhaps it's just lazy writing. My point is that Ramsay infiltrating Stannis' camp is a good opportunity to put this on the table and have her finally DO something.

Archived