The Night's King

Brandon Martell

DB calls him that.

Ok, technically he calls him "Nightking" without the s.

I think the dropping of the possessive S is intentional, however not to mean that both stylings don't refer to the same character. "The Night's King" is the styling of the legendary figure in the ghost story who became The Other they now call The Night King.

Did the NK know jon is a targ?

Or did he know jon was lord commander?

Or was he just pressed by the V steel?

D&D in the "Inside the Episode" video say that the NK was just impressed by the valyrian steel, and to an extent intimidated, as he knows that at least Jon has a way to kill Others.

I did like the look the Night's King gave Jon. Very foreboding.

I don't know if it was foreboding or curiosity. The WW's obviously thought their undead minions would cut through the living with little-to-no resistance. But, when they met some resistance it was interesting to their leader, especially when he sees Jon cut down another White Walker. I kinda got the impression that the NK saw that and was like "hmm, whats this all about...this might be an actual threat". Then at the end the NK stares down Jon directly and raises more undead minions in a show of force. I'm not sure if that show of force was a "gtfo here and don't come back" or if it was a "bitch, were coming" look. Either way, the point was taken.

I think everyone is looking too deep into the stare off at the end. To me Jon was just terrified and had the oh shit look going on while that arrogant Nights King basically just was showing all the effort he and the ones who escaped put in was meaningless, and now he just quadrupled his own forces. It was like you wanna resist do you, resist this crow....

In Inside the Episode, the king of the White Walkers was revealed to be the Night's King.

So it seems that the White Walkers are indeed all humans originally.

I disagree. The show is not like the books.

I think GRRM made it pretty clear in the books that they are more 'god'-like and not human like the wights are.

I disagree. The show is not like the books.

I think GRRM made it pretty clear in the books that they are more 'god'-like and not human like the wights are.

Yeah, books and shows do not jive. I'm not even sure I remember show-Bran talking about the Nights King, just the Rat King. And in the books:

there were plenty of Others running about when the Night's King went berserk,

so I don't see how the Others are descended from the NK.

On the other hand, the Others are too human-like to think they do not share a common ancestry. They are probably the result of some kind of ice magic from the Age of Heros, all ready to sing a song with the fire magic that sits in Meereen.

Archived