BwB Fan Club - Bwbfanclub.com - General Site Discussion

The Brotherhood without Banners is an open fan group for all fans of GRRM.

Having a history of being fans and helping to forge literary fandom, both George and Parris understand that pure fandom involves grass-root support, hard work, and being open to all; the kind of fandom in which you get out what you put in, and not the kind where you buy a membership and get a number. All women and men, young and old, are welcome to join.

BwB Mission:

To enjoy the friendship of other members in our passion for the works of GRRM and to come together to discuss and celebrate. At the same time, we do the most we can to support our favorite author in order to reciprocate the openness and good will we receive. Membership requires this one critical understanding – that this relationship is a two way street. GRRM gives endlessly to his fans; more so than many other authors or celebrities. Because of this relationship, the BwB is not an impersonal fan club, but more a family. The world is filled with tens of thousands of fans that only care about GRRM as an entertainment vending machine, but for those who believe in the author, the series, and treasure this author/fan relationship, the BwB provides a venue. We are true fans, not blind devotees. We are mature and respectful advocates of both the songs and the singer.

BwB Goal:

To develop, host, and run a convention centered on the works of George R. R. Martin; continue to support and encourage fandom, and raise money for causes worth fighting for.

As a member, you are welcome to have as much input as you like to shape the future of the BwB, organize Gatherings, and share in the enjoyment of fandom!

If you would like to add your name to the White Book of the BwB and pledge your fandom with us, please join us in doing so. You will be sent future BwB E-mail Newsletters, information, and updates from the BwB, George, and Parris.

While everyone is welcome to join, we want all members to subscribe to the mission of the BwB now and for the future, whatever it holds, and help share in the BwB’s future development and success.

You can register and have your named added to the BwB White Book here

You can also submit a photo of yourself to the BwB Rogue's Gallery here

Lodey - should we notify you if we've changed our ID from the old board. My change is not a huge one, but some of the others I've noticed are totally different. :)

Lodey - should we notify you if we've changed our ID from the old board. My change is not a huge one, but some of the others I've noticed are totally different. :)
If people want their nickname in the White Book different than what it is, they can e-mail me and request it. Some will want to change it, but others will want to keep their nickname universal. Does the White Book log in pencil? ;)

Good question - it depends entirely on RemX's schedule and how busy he is with his work and family. Usually, news will go up right away, and new members and new photos are added once a week. Major updates are done as needed.

Yep - you sign up using the form and then we log your info and add you to the White Book - you will get future notifications of events, product releases, messages from George and/or Parris, etc. And of course if you have any questions or want to run something by me - all good! I am usually very quick on returning e-mail, and RemX updates the site every week or so. Thanks for joining!

I had felt a little guilty about the pic I had sent in...it's a few years (and pounds) old, taken not long before I became pregnant. Since I'm taking care of a medicalish problem the weight shouldn't be an issure by next August (my hope anyway--was afraid people would say 'when was that pic taken 10 yrs ago?' :tantrum: )...but even still, after seeing the pic just once many months ago, Bogie recognized me at the George signing last night....guess I don't need much of that guilt after all.

Lany Cass

(ps--it was 4 yrs ago)

Hey Lodey,

You can put this pic up on the website if you want ;)

I'm going to try to beg, borrow, or steal a better camera before sending a picture in to George... the only digital camera I have access to at the moment sucks :(

Archived