[Book Spoilers] R+L=J, A+J=T and other theories on HBO V.3

Suzanna Stormborn

It means

1). Jon Snow is really dead (worst case scenario)

2). Kit Harrington is really dead (2nd worst case scenario)

3). Kit Harrington won't be back for Season 6 at all (What about his body or flashbacks?)

4). They want you to truly think Jon Snow is dead. (best case scenario)

Shooting doesn't begin until October and it's clear the show as of now wants you to believe he is dead.

Right,

"So you believe Jon is dead do you?"- GRRM.

This after the shock of aDdEd.

Booooooo, booooooo to all of this!!!!!

How can the MODs maintain that the books and the show have nothing to do with each other when D&D are confirming things in unpublished books?

Our best bet is to hope that Kit Harrington is acting for that interview, that he is part of the plot to trick us. That OR, D&D are tricking him. But the truth is the only way we will really know is if he starts filming in October. They wont be able to keep it a secret if he does.

ALso what was the point of Mel showing up seconds be fore he died if she is not there to save him. She has no other purpose in the show or the books unless she saves him.

Also why did they leave Ghost out of that scene? Gods they are stupid!!!

Rhaenys_Targaryen, please tell me that Ramsay is not going to beat Stannis like that in the books!!!!!

I am still traumatized by Sunday night......

Ya know I think the biggest tell that Jon is coming back is the fact FTW happened in the last scene of Ep.10. If you look at the show all the major heartbreaking, good guy deaths have happened ep.9 of respective seasons so ep.10 can pound in the fact that they are gone.

Ned Stark, Robert Baratheon, Robb Stark, Ygritte, Oberyn (kinda)

Exactly. They kill Starks in Episode 9, not 10. They're all definitely lying.

I know most people seem to be counting on a Melisandre-led resurrection, but I've always been crossing my fingers for a Bran/Bloodraven-led one with Theon being executed before a heart tree.

And everything is falling into place for my theory that Bran will awaken his siblings' skinchanging abilities in the show. Arya just went blind, which is when she starts skinchanging cats; and Jon just got stabbed, after which we're all expecting him to live inside Ghost for a time. I have no clue where the show is going to go with Sansa, but I suppose she and Theon could flee into the Wolfswood where she could skinchange some animals.

Right,

"So you believe Jon is dead do you?"- GRRM.

This after the shock of aDdEd.

Similarly, when asked if she'd write books about Harry Potter's life after Hogwarts, J.K Rowling said "what makes you think he's going to survive the series?"

Some authors love screwing with their fans, GRRM might be doing just that with saying that about Jon :P

This is from Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/39t7ns/spoilers_all_kit_harington_hints_got_season_6_info/)

Here's a hint, I live in Belfast and met Kit and Rose yesterday. I asked to take a picture and he said .. He is forbidden to take pictures because the media can not know he is in Belfast. He hinted that it is because of name than happens in today's episode .. After all, what was he doing in town if Jon would not appear in the sixth season? .. Life is dark and full of spoilers guys.

There is even a picture of Kit in Belfast http://imgur.com/z7lBgJ4

Also Kit hates his Got hair, he said on numerous occasions how he wants to cut his hair, but is not allowed (it's in his contract). But we can all see, that his hair is still long. He is coming back. And D&D just can't do PR.

But what I don't understand is why are they lying? they could make the whole thing misterius. But now they are telling us that he is dead dead and that he is not coming back. We know D&D are capable of trolling and we also know they are not as competent as they believe they are, but still...

Maybe Jon won't came back in season 6, but will came back in season 7?

really what can they say? "maybe he will be back?" at that point you just spoiled everything, even statements like "we don't know" will make it obvious he's not dead, for good.

the only way to retain any mystery at all is by stating steadfast that he's dead

But what I don't understand is why are they lying? they could make the whole thing misterius. But now they are telling us that he is dead dead and that he is not coming back. We know D&D are capable of trolling and we also know they are not as competent as they believe they are, but still...

Maybe Jon won't came back in season 6, but will came back in season 7?

Well we know Mel see's Jon one more time this year and we know its going to be a pretty crazy scene because of what the actress has said. This really only points to one option doesn't it?

So the finale came and went.......

.... Sorry this may just be wishful thinking but.......

... If there WAS one more scene.... they would have filmed Jon Snow / Melisandre resurrection as a part of the Season 5 filming, right? That same day they would have filmed Jon coming back, and locked the second half of that scene away in a vault for Season 6 or 7, right?

Right???? It's all i've got guys.. :crying:

So the finale came and went.......

.... Sorry this may just be wishful thinking but.......

... If there WAS one more scene.... they would have filmed Jon Snow / Melisandre resurrection as a part of the Season 5 filming, right? That same day they would have filmed Jon coming back, and locked the second half of that scene away in a vault for Season 6 or 7, right?

Right???? It's all i've got guys.. :crying:

Jon is not dead dead. They could not resurrect him in the same episode, because they wanted a cliffhanger. So don't worry.

I gather most of us do not think him dead.. and at the very least he will warg into ghost for a bit. There is a possibility to me that Harrington will be cast as a spirit and be in ghost for the most past, but that's not as realistic to me..

All that being said, Do you think this supports him being Azor Ahai?

Jon is not dead dead. They could not resurrect him in the same episode, because they wanted a cliffhanger. So don't worry.

I only meant that it is possible (if unlikely) that all of this protesting about not being in Season 6 is not accurate and that Kit is laying groundwork for a shock in Season 6: That Jon Snow is resurrected in Season 6 Episode one, and that we get the second half of the scene that Jon / Mel shot during the filming of Season 5's finale.

And that would be the "one more scene together" that Jon and Mel filmed this year.

I don't see how warging or being a 'ghost' would work on a screen. I know they did it with Bran but Bran was alive so it was easier to understand what was going on. I mean, I could be missing something here but I just don't see it working.

So either Mel resurrects him or he is dead dead.

Jon being actually dead is a major problem. Nothing makes sense at the Wall anymore. I mean, what's Thorne's plan now? Kill all the wildings? it wouldn't make sense. And what about Davos and Mel? They are stuck at the Wall with no purpose. At least with Jon there they all have a purpose - to help or be led by Jon.

It's more likely that Mel resurrects him. That way we will get Jon's wrath or his forgiveness (it's possible even though this is Westeros) either way we have our main northern protagonist back. How else will Mel walk the battlements at Winterfell and watch the Bolton banners burn? Who else would she be aligned with? Only Jon.

He's not dead. I'm not having ithat he dies before finding out he is R+L=J

Similarly, when asked if she'd write books about Harry Potter's life after Hogwarts, J.K Rowling said "what makes you think he's going to survive the series?"

Some authors love screwing with their fans, GRRM might be doing just that with saying that about Jon :P

His original notes included the love affair between Arya and Jon- and this is when they thought they were brother and sister.

One of the factors in making them only cousins was for that relationship.

Half the the first book has all the clues about his parentage.

Besides, in aWoW chapter, GRRM has Jon running through the woods hungry and pursued by his enemies.

His original notes included the love affair between Arya and Jon- and this is when they thought they were brother and sister.

One of the factors in making them only cousins was for that relationship.

Half the the first book has all the clues about his parentage.

Besides, in aWoW chapter, GRRM has Jon running through the woods hungry and pursued by his enemies.

possibly as Ghost though :(

Archived