Is it possible that the dragon is searching something ? [Possible Spoilers]

I think there's a higher chance of Jon awakening an Ice Dragon over Drogon coming to pay him a visit. And I like this theory more.

On the Wall Lord Commander Jon Snow finds himself remembering that in the tales that Old Nan used to tell the breath of the ice dragon was very cold. He thinks of the Ice Dragon three times in A Dance with Dragons.

• "The wind was gusting, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan had told when Jon was a boy.”

• "The road beneath the Wall was as dark and cold as the belly of an ice dragon and as twisty as a serpent.”

• "The wind was blowing from the east along the Wall, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan used to tell."

In the Ice Dragon book, after defeating the Fire Dragons, the Ice Dragon turns into a pool of cold water. What if the cold pool of water at the godswood in Winterfell was left by an Ice Dragon? Across the godswood, below the windows of Winterfell's Guest House, three small ponds are fed by an underground hot spring. So you have 1 cold pool and 3 hot ones. Hrmmm.

The character that tamed the Ice Dragon in the book (Adara) was born in the long winter and her skin was cold to the touch. At the fourth stab, all Jon felt "was the cold". Jon will be reborn in the winter and his skin will be cold as well. The Ice Dragon and Jon's purpose is to protect the wall and, eventually, kill Dany's three untamed and wild dragons after they eliminate the Others with fire. It will then return to the cold pool at Winterfell to slumber. Fire triumphs Ice, Ice triumphs Fire, A Song of Ice and Fire.

Or maybe 'The Ice Dragon' just represents Jon himself due to his Stark-Targaryen background.

I think there's a higher chance of Jon awakening an Ice Dragon over Drogon coming to pay him a visit. And I like this theory more.

On the Wall Lord Commander Jon Snow finds himself remembering that in the tales that Old Nan used to tell the breath of the ice dragon was very cold. He thinks of the Ice Dragon three times in A Dance with Dragons.

• "The wind was gusting, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan had told when Jon was a boy.”

• "The road beneath the Wall was as dark and cold as the belly of an ice dragon and as twisty as a serpent.”

"The wind was blowing from the east along the Wall, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan used to tell."

In the Ice Dragon book, after defeating the Fire Dragons, the Ice Dragon turns into a pool of cold water. What if the cold pool of water at the godswood in Winterfell was left by an Ice Dragon? Across the godswood, below the windows of Winterfell's Guest House, three small ponds are fed by an underground hot spring. So you have 1 cold pool and 3 hot ones. Hrmmm.

The character that tamed the Ice Dragon in the book (Adara) was born in the long winter and her skin was cold to the touch. At the fourth stab, all Jon felt "was the cold". Jon will be reborn in the winter and his skin will be cold as well. The Ice Dragon and Jon's purpose is to protect the wall and, eventually, kill Dany's three untamed and wild dragons after they eliminate the Others with fire. It will then return to the cold pool at Winterfell to slumber. Fire triumphs Ice, Ice triumphs Fire, A Song of Ice and Fire.

Or maybe 'The Ice Dragon' just represents Jon himself due to his Stark-Targaryen background.

I should mention that I asked George R. R. Martin on his livejournal if The Ice Dragon was set in the same world as A Song of Ice and Fire because of all the publicity saying it was, and he told me it wasn't: http://grrm.livejournal.com/406858.html?thread=20265802

Jon will ride Viserion. White dragon, white direwolf.

nope jon will ride rhaegal cause he is named after his daddy...

tyrion will ride viserion...

Season 4. When Bran touches the Weirwood tree, he has visions, one of them is a shadow of a dragon flying over King's Landing.

yes at the time people thought it just meant dany was there but it could also be one of the others like tyrion on viserion...

i commented in another thread about this and also that bran had a vision of live dragons in asshai in book1 bran3 and in epi 1 winter is coming...which i think must be likely because danys three are all males...so if there is no female, then her 3 would be last 3...i think more dragons are in the mix than we know of and i believe they will come into play, sooner rather than later

just the random thoughts of an old asshole, feel free to disagree

:smoking:

yes at the time people thought it just meant dany was there but it could also be one of the others like tyrion on viserion...

i commented in another thread about this and also that bran had a vision of live dragons in asshai in book1 bran3 and in epi 1 winter is coming...which i think must be likely because danys three are all males...so if there is no female, then her 3 would be last 3...i think more dragons are in the mix than we know of and i believe they will come into play, sooner rather than later

just the random thoughts of an old asshole, feel free to disagree

Your view on the dragons being male is inaccurate.. Quoting Maester Aemon from A Feast For Crows here:

"

What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years."

Concerning Tyrion+riding dragons...

If you remember the "prophecy" he was given by Moqorro, it specified that Tyrion would have "dragons" all around him but that he wasn't one of them. You have to be a "dragon" (Targ, or at least of Valyrian heritage) to ride a dragon.

Your view on the dragons being male is inaccurate.. Quoting Maester Aemon from A Feast For Crows here:

"

What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years."

If you remember the "prophecy" he was given by Moqorro, it specified that Tyrion would have "dragons" all around him but that he wasn't one of them. You have to be a "dragon" (Targ, or at least of Valyrian heritage) to ride a dragon.

A dragon might be wargable. Bran?

Nope they are named after Daenerys brothers whose deaths were meant something in Daenerys life ..

Rhaego Drogo ., Raegar and Viserys = Rhaegal ., Viserian ., Drogon = Mother of dragons daughter of death

i dont think anyone in this story is going to ride a dragon other than dany

"

If you remember the "prophecy" he was given by Moqorro, it specified that Tyrion would have "dragons" all around him but that he wasn't one of them.

You have to be a "dragon" (Targ, or at least of Valyrian heritage) to ride a dragon.

well i understand what you are saying but based on the dragon info in the wiki some are clearly male while others are female, though it is difficult to tell...and the wiki also identifies all three of dany's as male using masculine pronouns as well as the word brothers.

as for tyrion the prophesy did not say he wouldn't ride a dragon...it said "Dragons old and young, true and false, bright and dark. And you. A small man with a big shadow, snarling in the midst of it all" ...this doesn't say he is a dragon or not just that he is small. furthermore, after moqorro is rescued he tells victarion that he (or anyone who has claimed the horn with blood) can tame the dragon with dragonbinder thus becoming its rider.

and i don't see any reference that only targs and valyrians can tame a dragon. i just believe they are the only ones we know about.

just my opinions

Nope they are named after Daenerys brothers whose deaths were meant something in Daenerys life ..

Rhaego Drogo ., Raegar and Viserys = Rhaegal ., Viserian ., Drogon = Mother of dragons daughter of death

i dont think anyone in this story is going to ride a dragon other than dany

yes i know who they are named after...Rhaegal for Rhaegar...Viserion for Viserys...and Drogon for Drogo

her still born son was rhaego for rhaegar and drogo

as for the bolded portion, i haven't seen this explanation for drogons name, that i can recall. daughter of death was something quaithe says to her, iirc

my comment was to the poster that said jon would ride viserion because he is white like ghost and i said no, he would ride rhaegal because it is named for his (jon's) daddy...which was a nod to the r+l=j folks...

just thought i would clear that up

as for no one riding but dany, i disagree. three dragons need three riders there is evidence that only one dragon per rider.

He is probably bored with waiting for Dany to finish in Meereen.

• "The wind was blowing from the east along the Wall, cold as the breath of the ice dragon in the tales Old Nan used to tell."

Actually this I think is precisely what it means. I don't think any more dragons will suddenly emerge out of nowhere.

Like Targs, there seems to be dragons everywhere. Although I do like the idea in another thread of the Others having a reanimated dragon. Doubt this would happen, but that would at least make sense. Hibernating dragons all over westeros just seems a bit too much and reduces Dany's Pyre scene to nothing.

yes i know who they are named after...Rhaegal for Rhaegar...Viserion for Viserys...and Drogon for Drogo

her still born son was rhaego for rhaegar and drogo

as for the bolded portion, i haven't seen this explanation for drogons name, that i can recall. daughter of death was something quaithe says to her, iirc

my comment was to the poster that said jon would ride viserion because he is white like ghost and i said no, he would ride rhaegal because it is named for his (jon's) daddy...which was a nod to the r+l=j folks...

just thought i would clear that up

as for no one riding but dany, i disagree. three dragons need three riders there is evidence that only one dragon per rider.

the Daughter of death was given to her by the undead in house of the undying

i once believed that jon will ride rhaegal because its named after his father too ...but after several years in the forum and Rereads ...i come to believe that there will be no dragon riders other than dany

as for the bolded :

there was never once a child is given three eggs

there was never once a girl sacrificed lives and walked into the fire to hatch the dragons

there was never once someone has been called Mother of Dragons

all the dragons have some charcteristics of dany ...she is the one who lost and sacrificed to bring them life ...

if a mother of dragons having hard times taking control of her children ...then imagine how poor storytelling it will be that someone with a horn can bind them to their will ..and if you think it will be that easy controlling dragons ..you havent being paying attention

Elio who co wrote TWOIAF with GRRm said one must have a right drop of dragon blood to ride the dragons ...but in order to have that right drop one must have to be targ or valyrians

jon is half targ but that will not make him a dragon (being dragon is different from being a Targ )...

the keyword in the prophecy is A Dragon has three heads

dany is the Last dragon in the story and she is the dragon that has three heads

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/6/6c/MKomarck_DaenerysTheUnburnt.jpg/350px-MKomarck_DaenerysTheUnburnt.jpg

http://cultfix.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/thrones-210-dany-dragon-burn.jpg

i am waiting to see how are they going to finish this season with dany....i believe they will end all three

dragons with her at the dothraki sea and they share a meal ..which may definitely stop the theories bout who may get ride the dragons

There are plenty of prophecies and dreams throughout the book where different characters see dragons in North especially over Winterfell. Dany's dragon is missing. Is it possible some how this dragon can detect Targaryan blood and is actually searching for Jon ?

Is it possible that this dragon might arrive on the Wall or at Winterfell searching a Targ ?

Half Bingo!

He is looking for food: fish, sheep, kids, and eventually cows.

Archived