(Book spoilers) Will Daenerys in this episode...

What I'm wondering is whether they will have the Hizdahr marriage this episode, if at all.

I think it might be good to show a non-rape, loveless, boring political wedding. It would also give Dany another good reason to want out of Meereen.

This is so different to the books!

The crisis in the books was deeper and she was more desperate. Last episode, she seemed quite cool.

In the books, there was the Pale Mare and the enemies outside the city walls (or do I remember incorrectly?)

Tyrion has yet to learn a lot about the complex situation in the city, and who you should and should not trust. How can he immediately become her main advisor?

Oh, I dont mind the "every wedding will make people talk" running gag, so well, I'm not against the Dany and Hizdhar one ending on the massive return of Drogon. Every wedding so far had made people spill ink, but each time for various reasons (murder, rape, joy, fear, laughter...), so the shock of Drogon's size and Dany's first flight are a nice way to repeat the formula in another, more uplifting literaly way.

And anyway, I think Dany and Hizdhar wedding will take place at the "great pit of Daznak".

Dany flies this episode.

FTW in episode 10.

I think the slow pace of this season will be balanced by the major events of the last three episodes. I agree with the other poster that it's hard to portray the severity of the Meereen situation without all of the factors that appeared in the book (pale mare, yunkish army outside the gates, all the warships docked in the bay.)

She doesn't need to retake it because Tyrion/Daario/maybe Jorah will have taken control of the city from the inside by the time Dany returns.

For that scenario to work, Dany will have to explain to the survivors in the Pit - before she leaves - that she is going to a particular location, and that the reason why she is going to that particular location, is so she can marry a Dothraki khal, so she could reinforce Meereen with additional soldiers.

That is extremely unlikely.

You may say "She is not going to say anything, before she flies away"

But that is also not possible, because not saying anything to the people who were protecting you, just abandoning them without a word, is completely out of character for Dany.

The only way this scenario could work(not saying a word), is if everybody who was protecting her is dead.

Again you make it too complicated. She won't be able to stop all the chaos and fighting that is going on just to tell her protectors that she is going to mount Drogon and go the Dothraki Sea.

By mounting Drogon not only is she saving herself but Drogon aswell who will be attacked, her protectors be damned. If they get out of that situation then they are worthy of having them around.

Again you make it too complicated. She won't be able to stop all the chaos and fighting that is going on just to tell her protectors that she is going to mount Drogon and go the Dothraki Sea.

By mounting Drogon not only is she saving herself but Drogon aswell who will be attacked, her protectors be damned. If they get out of that situation then they are worthy of having them around.

Perhaps Drogon burns a good number of them before flying off and closing the episode. At this point Dany is only riding him, she is not piloting yet.

If Drogon appears, he will kill all the Harpies, and if he kills all the Harpies, there is no reason for Dany to leave the Pit in hurry, considering that the Pit is free of living Harpies.

Also, how do you image the scene?

Dany: Bye bye servants, I am going somewhere safe

Daario: But I love you!

Jorah: I love you as well! Why are you leaving me, haven't I proven my worth to you Khaleesi!?

Missandei: Even if I survive, I am helpless without you Mhysa; Take me with you!

Dany: I cannot help any of you, my dear servants. Nor can I bring any of you with me, because magical vehicle can take only one passenger.

SORRY!!!

But you will always be in my thoughts, my dear servants.

THE VERY HAPPY END

In HBO schedule the episode is listed as "adult content" but not with "violence" or "graphic violence". Does this mean Drogon will appear in E10? It is supposed to kill many people.

Yes that is very strange, because even if Drogon doesn't appear there is going to be "graphic violence", in the Pit.

I don't know what to think of it.

If Drogon appears, he will kill all the Harpies, and if he kills all the Harpies, there is no reason for Dany to leave the Pit in hurry, considering that the Pit is free of living Harpies.

Also, how do you image the scene?

Dany: Bye bye servants, I am going somewhere safe

Daario: But I love you!

Jorah: I love you as well! Why are you leaving me, haven't I proven my worth to you Khaleesi!?

Missandei: Even if I survive, I am helpless without you Mhysa; Take me with you!

Dany: I cannot help any of you, my dear servants. Nor can I bring any of you with me, because magical vehicle can take only one passenger.

SORRY!!!

But you will always be in my thoughts, my dear servants.

THE VERY HAPPY END

in the books she just up and leaves also though.

We already have some pretty good ideas what is going down based on the photos that were leaked pre-season.

For example: "Daenerys surrounded by strangers," anyone?

Whether she ever actually marries Hizdahr is unknown, but I'd say the odds point to no, because what would be the point? Dany is leaving immediately thereafter. OTOH, maybe they want to preserve the scene where Hizdahr is arrested, with Grey Worm or Jorah taking Barristan's part.

Anyway, I'm guessing the whole fighting pit deal is just a trap to murder Daenerys. She will get surrounded, in the pit, and as the SOTH are breaking through her circle of protectors, here comes Drogon to save the day! Lots of things can happen from there. Maybe they'll just swoop away, but my bet would be that Drogon gets into it a bit with the SOTH and it is somewhat as in the books, where he gets wounded a bit before they take off.

I really hope they find a way to have Dany tame him with the whip! My favorite part of the scene and one of my fave Dany things ever.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/a5/f0/51/a5f051a3c890ad4c717af85f1213a05b.jpg

I've been dying to see this scene ever since I heard about the show.

In the books Meereen was not under attack.

Radically different situation in the show.

If she abandons Meereen, she loses it forever, or tries entire season 6 to retake it.

In the book meereen was under siege by the slavers army

This has been my most anticipated scene of the entire series up to this point but I'm just trying to temper my expectations and not compare it to the book, because it would inevitably fail. It's already failed to be remotely as interesting and compelling in how it's been set up, because so much of the depth and dramatic tension leading up to this moment has been erased. So as always, I'll just try to judge the scene on its own merits.

In aDwD we were left with mereen at a loss of clear leadership with dany taking flight lessons on drogon, but here in GoT we got tyrion now that is most likely to take the leadership position with barristan gone.. I'm just confused. i reckon its going to be a different story to the book now :(

Id've thought the cliffhanger for next season would be dany being discovered by dothraki and john snow's face buried in snow "as everything darkened around him".. guess its just wait and see now

Let's not complicate this. Dany may or may not get married. The pits are opened. Drogon swoops in Bc he smells blood. Drogon F's stuff up. Dany tries to calm her baby. Jorah sacrifices himself and gets cooked by dragon flames. Dany gets in the flames and again we all go "blood of the dragon" and she hops on and flies off while Tyrion releases the other two dragons.

Well that's what I think Atleast.

I still cant buy the fact that she accepted who Tyion was so easily. If, *cough*, Ser Barristan were still there he would be able to confirm Tyrion's identity.

How again did Tyrion convince her that he was who he really was again? Because of Jorah - Ser Friendzone, the Betrayer? Because of a story he told of him killing both his mother and father? I mean cmon. I think it makes Dany seem super naive and super desperate, which she may be at this point. To be drinking wine with him in the next scene sharing personal feelings and strategy is a bit rushed. I hope the book flushes this out a bit better...

I still cant buy the fact that she accepted who Tyion was so easily. If, *cough*, Ser Barristan were still there he would be able to confirm Tyrion's identity.

How again did Tyrion convince her that he was who he really was again? Because of Jorah - Ser Friendzone, the Betrayer? Because of a story he told of him killing both his mother and father? I mean cmon. I think it makes Dany seem super naive and super desperate, which she may be at this point. To be drinking wine with him in the next scene sharing personal feelings and strategy is a bit rushed. I hope the book flushes this out a bit better...

Tyrion is just a smooth MF!!! Haha. Also I assume if she has any knowledge about Lannisters that a blonde headed dwarf with two different colored eyes may be pretty rare in the GoT world.

Archived