(Book spoilers) Will Daenerys in this episode...

At the end of the day Shereen is a very, very minor character, so I'm surprised that there's not been more reaction to the Jorah/Dany/greyscale thing. Dany may well be immune to greyscale but could Jorah really have known that with any certainty? I found it very odd that someone supposedly so devoted to her wanted her to take his hand when he wasn't even wearing gloves.

Maybe it is only when you come in contact with the infected area? Like a wart? But yeah if Jorah cares about her at all, he would have stayed well away.

It was a very cool scene but I still think how funny it is that the people writing the show have no idea who Daenerys is as a person. Her insecurities were the reason she lost control of her dragons and her city. Yet we have Drogon coming for rescue and Dany jumping on him without a mention why he's now on her side when he wasn't before. Again the show managed to create a cool scene but missed all the reasoning behind it.

At the end of the day Shereen is a very, very minor character, so I'm surprised that there's not been more reaction to the Jorah/Dany/greyscale thing. Dany may well be immune to greyscale but could Jorah really have known that with any certainty? I found it very odd that someone supposedly so devoted to her wanted her to take his hand when he wasn't even wearing gloves.

I haven't read the books, but I get the impression that greyscale isn't contagious until it is in "full bloom", like some other real life diseases (Ebola).

I am amazed that so few people consider the possibility that he had selfish reasons. Considering his own greyscale, he knows that he has no future with Daenerys, unless she gets greyscale too, that is...

Actually, it was a excellent scene, and you got say that after they screwed up so badly with Stannis the Mannis, they did get some things right.

However, it's pretty clear to anybody that Dany didn't died in his fires, like most of Meereen seems to believe (Barristan knows differently, but the man served her family for decades) in the books, with people knowing that Dany is alive and dragons can be ridden, the city will be much more stable, also because their massive assassination attempt failed miserably.

She will go to Vaes Dothrak? I'm in doubt now, show Dany wasn't like books Dany, who was in a mess of a situation (although less desperate) and got some wounds in the process.

One of the very top top scenes in the books and they messed it up. Dany's security. The Harpy's motivation. The CGI. Jorah. They got everything wrong except that Drogon showed up and Dany got a ride.

I liked that the Son's of the Harpy all huddled in groups of five to be roasted by Drogon, and then continued to throw spears and a dragon who was obviously not going to die from spear wounds but rather get even angrier and roast more Son's of the Harpy.

Great writing. *slow clap*

Don't you think that Targaryens share a bond with their dragons almost as Starks do with their direwolves. We saw Dany closing her eyes and immediately Drogon shows up.

It has been hinted in the books that Dany does share a close connection with Drogon and her horse Silver as well. Not saying she is a warg by any means, but I think she can connect to animals better than your average joe. She does have a fair whack of First Men blood in her after all.

I'm quite glad that they went with using a more affectionate bond to tame Drogon than master-slave relationship with whips. I know some people are complaining she didn't dominate him like in the books but so what? Violence is not the best method of taming animals, who can be trained and tamed with much more humane methods.

Drogon's relationship to Dany is more like an rebellious child or pet. They can be restrained if necessary but definitely not whipped or struck. Such methods only instill fear and distrust in the animal, and they're more likely to turn on you. This happens with dogs and other animals that suffer abuse. They may submit to whips, but it is out of fear, not love.

The CGI was very well done, despite some people's expectation that it look like a $100 million feature film. It may not look like Jurassic Park or Avengers, but those films have 20 times the budget for CGI.

I liked that the Son's of the Harpy all huddled in groups of five to be roasted by Drogon, and then continued to throw spears and a dragon who was obviously not going to die from spear wounds but rather get even angrier and roast more Son's of the Harpy.

Great writing. *slow clap*

They should have approached closer to strike him with a sword instead of throwing spears. What's to be afraid of? He only tore up a handful of them that got too close.

They should have scattered, too, because that's what fear makes you do, not huddle together or hide for some sense of protection. When you're isolated and away from the your group, what's Drogon gonna do? Single you out?

Great critique. *slow clap*

They should have approached closer to strike him with a sword instead of throwing spears. What's to be afraid of? He only tore up a handful of them that got too close. They should have scattered, too, because that's what fear makes you do, not huddle together or hide for some sense of protection. When you're isolated and away from the your group, what's Drogon gonna do? Single you out?

What would you do if you saw a giant fire-breathing dragon decend from the sky? Throw stuff at it?

The scene was a disaster.

Archived