Mr. Robot (spoilers).... 'cause I suck at this stuff

Martini Sigil

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

^How was the board not a confirmation Tyrell is real? I'm not following your reasoning here. 

Well, I could be misunderstanding some of the "Tyrell is not real" argument, but the board proves nothing in the sense that we knew that Tyrell was a real person.  The question (if I understand correctly) is instead, "is he still alive?"  So, he isn't a totally fictitious character in either case, the debate is really over if he is dead and now a fragment of Elliot's personality, or still alive and an "independent" agent.

All the board proves is that they know Tyrell is/was involved.  Doesn't prove he is alive.

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

^How was the board not a confirmation Tyrell is real? I'm not following your reasoning here. 

What H said. It didn't confirm that the Tyrell in the last 2 episodes was real. We know Elliot's dad was once alive - that doesn't mean Mr Robot is real.

36 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Tyrell shooting Elliot and then talking with Angela proves it though. 

What Mark said :)

If Angela hadn't talked to Tyrell about it then it could just have been Elliot's imagination shooting him - like Mr Robot did several times at the beginning of season 2.

4 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Was the finale the first time we discovered Susan Jacobs is still alive? I can't remember whether it was mentioned prior to seeing her on the FBI's board.

?

I'm sure the FBI just doesn't know she's dead seeing as there's no body to find.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Developing Miniseries Based on Sci-Fi Classic 'Metropolis'

The writer-director is readying miniseries Metropolis based on Fritz Lang's classic 1927 sci-fi film, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The project is being developed at Universal Cable Productions, where Esmail has a seven-figure overall deal. UCP declined comment.

Sources say the showrunner's exact role in Metropolis is still being negotiated as the project is in the very early stage of development. Insiders add that the studio isn't aiming to launch the miniseries for another two to three years. Should Mr. Robot stick to its tentative four- to five-season plan, that timing would potentially allow for Esmail's schedule to free up to where he could be more involved in the project.

Sources say UCP is preparing to spend a hefty $10 million per episode, and that while the studio normally prioritizes its portfolio of networks (USA Network, Syfy, Bravo, E!, etc.), there is no mandate to go to the NBCUniversal-owned nets first. Insiders add that the drama could end up at Mr. Robot home USA but that it will likely be shopped to other cable and streaming outlets, as well.

• 7 months later...

Archived