Melisandre, the fire and AAR (book & possibly show spoilers)

Just like people say the old gods have no power or eyes in the south, R'hollor ain't got none in the North. I hope Ramsay carves her up real good.

We know this isn't true as she burns the eagle during the battle at the wall and can't feel the cold when she resides at Castle Black.

Just like people say the old gods have no power or eyes in the south, R'hollor ain't got none in the North. I hope Ramsay carves her up real good.

Lovely.

And by this logic, the White Walkers wont be troubling anyone in the South.

I look forward to seeing Ramsay getting his ass handed to him.

Only problem with this theory, is why did D&D feel the need to send her away from The Wall in the first place? If she is just going to go back there and resurrect Snow, then why wouldn't they have just kept her at The Wall?

I suspect because there is nothing for her to do at the Wall while Jon is gone to Hardhome. Clearly Benioff and Weiss were not overly enamored with Jon's arc in A Dance with Dragons, which is why they sent him to Hardhome to spice up proceedings. But once they did that, they had no use for Melisandre at the Wall.

Who was she going to interact with? Sam?

I do believe that Mel states that the Wall seems to enhance her power. Does someone have the passage handy?

The carved chest that she had brought across the narrow sea was more than three-quarters empty now. And while Melisandre had the knowledge to make more powders, she lacked many rare ingredients. My spells should suffice. She was stronger at the Wall, stronger even than in Asshai. Her every word and gesture was more potent, and she could do things that she had never done before. Such shadows as I bring forth here will be terrible, and no creature of the dark will stand before them. With such sorceries at her command, she should soon have no more need of the feeble tricks of alchemists and pyromancers.

The carved chest that she had brought across the narrow sea was more than three-quarters empty now. And while Melisandre had the knowledge to make more powders, she lacked many rare ingredients. My spells should suffice. She was stronger at the Wall, stronger even than in Asshai. Her every word and gesture was more potent, and she could do things that she had never done before. Such shadows as I bring forth here will be terrible, and no creature of the dark will stand before them. With such sorceries at her command, she should soon have no more need of the feeble tricks of alchemists and pyromancers.

Thank you! :cheers:

The red priest of the brothers without banners never needed to sacrifice anyone to resurrect Beric Dondarrion, why would Mel?

because people want jon to be reborn as AAR and they know that shireen will be somehow sacrificed and thing...

so people come up with everything that doesnt make sense only to make fit their theory jon will be reborn as AAR

The red priest of the brothers without banners never needed to sacrifice anyone to resurrect Beric Dondarrion, why would Mel?

Well for one, those resurrections never came out quite right, or rather each time Beric came back he lost a little of himself.

But there is also SoS where Mel begins to assert her belief that sacrificing an individual with king's blood will awake the stone dragon, not necessarily resurrection in the literal sense.

because people want jon to be reborn as AAR and they know that shireen will be somehow sacrificed and thing...

so people come up with everything that doesnt make sense only to make fit their theory jon will be reborn as AAR

I don't think it is as much of people wanting it as there is plenty of evidence to support it. But ok....

I wonder if near the end of this episode that she abandons Stannis for Jon, making Selyse fall down and freak out because she is the most devoted follower of Mel.

Poor Stannis.

Then we will have flashbacks of Stannis holding against the Redwyns and Davos smuggling in food at Storm's End. Tears will be shed, and Stannis will find himself in a familiar position.....and then Manderly arrives like the Avengers busting through the Bolton's bastions.......

I don't think it is as much of people wanting it as there is plenty of evidence to support it. But ok....

like the blue star becoming red star bleeding ...the blue star which was there in the first place because an author lost a bet

like burning shireen will wake dragon from stone ...if shireen is stone then the dragon that will wake will be herself not someone ...

like when he will taken and kept in storage cell where there will be salt and meat because when he wake he will be with salt and smoke ..i dont know what will happen to the red star bleeding maybe they will hang the bleeding body of ser patrek over the side when jon was kept in storage cell

i am not saying that there is no reason not to think jon maybe AAr ..i am saying that situation is not that the one he will be reborn or watever people say ,...something will never match with other points

i dont think he will even be dead to need a resurrection so ofcourse people want shireen to be sacrificed in order to jon wake up happen

but whatever ok

like the blue star becoming red star bleeding ...the blue star which was there in the first place because an author lost a bet

like burning shireen will wake dragon from stone ...if shireen is stone then the dragon that will wake will be herself not someone ...

like when he will taken and kept in storage cell where there will be salt and meat because when he wake he will be with salt and smoke ..i dont know what will happen to the red star bleeding maybe they will hang the bleeding body of ser patrek over the side when jon was kept in storage cell

i am not saying that there is no reason not to think jon maybe AAr ..i am saying that situation is not that the one he will be reborn or watever people say ,...something will never match with other points

i dont think he will even be dead to need a resurrection so ofcourse people want shireen to be sacrificed in order to jon wake up happen

but whatever ok

It's cause people want Jon to be back to being fine at the start of the next book.

Myself, I don't think we'll see Jon much at all in the next book. Either he will be comatose due to the serious wounds, or dead (and his mind in Ghost). Both require at least one book (season) to fix. Just enough time for the White Walkers to roll over the Night's Watch and the Wall in general. Hell, maybe The Night's King will rez him while he's there anyway XD That would be the most interesting eventuality actually, especially if his mind is in Ghost and his body is just wandering around as a wight.

Also, Pigeon Pie, for the love of R'hllor put spoiler warnings in the topic title. This is spoilery as phuck.

It's cause people want Jon to be back to being fine at the start of the next book.

Myself, I don't think we'll see Jon much at all in the next book. Either he will be comatose due to the serious wounds, or dead (and his mind in Ghost). Both require at least one book (season) to fix. Just enough time for the White Walkers to roll over the Night's Watch and the Wall in general. Hell, maybe The Night's King will rez him while he's there anyway XD That would be the most interesting eventuality actually, especially if his mind is in Ghost and his body is just wandering around as a wight.

Also, Pigeon Pie, for the love of R'hllor put spoiler warnings in the topic title. This is spoilery as phuck.

yes i too believe he will spend sometime inside ghost and be in comatose state with serious injuries for atleast half the book if not fora full book ...

this episode will stop some speculations about it if mel stays with stannis and marches with him ...hoping this will happen

but whatever ok

Oh I don't think he is dead, but reborn in the medieval world (as for contemporary Christians) does not mean a physical rebirth. It is a spiritual or metaphorical rebirth. And considering we are dealing with prophesies, taking them literally is a mistake. If Jon is AA, it is because of a metaphorical rebirth, or as Aemon put it "kill the boy and become the man".

Prophets do not get the entire story but glimpses or "snap-shots" then they deliver a prophesy based on what they see which may not occur precisely as the prophet suggested. The supernatural being knows exactly what is happening, the receiver of the image or dialogue is ignorant of the largest portion of it. I have used the example of Joan D'Arc to illustrate this point.

Yes he lost a bet, but IIRC that worked out fine for what he wanted so he inserted him there instead of elsewhere, not because he needed to honor a bet. There are plenty of ways to have a star in that scene without doing it the way he did. He could have had one of Stannis' men attacking Wun Wun with a Battle Star or morning star....blood on star...same difference.

Again it is not what people want, but rather what the evidence suggests....

With 2 books left, leaving Jon out of WoW would be senseless. "Hey I am back (sometime in DoS), then what a mad rush to develop a story why he is back? Besides the scene is not over yet. Thus ...

Done!

Archived