Melisandre, the fire and AAR (book & possibly show spoilers)

Would be the dumbest plot twist ever and a massive waste of time if Mel didn't have any true power. Same goes for the 'Jon actually dies' and 'Dany never reaches Westeros' theories.

Lovely.

And by this logic, the White Walkers wont be troubling anyone in the South.

I look forward to seeing Ramsay getting his ass handed to him.

Agree with these.

Could someone tell me what FTW means? - I've gone a complete blank :ack:

And yes, I really hope Ramsey stumbles into Mels tent, she turns to see him, he's about to chop her head off....and he's sliced from head to toe by Stannis (or anyone). I'm really dreading Stannis dying and the Boltons surviving though :bawl: . Hope it's not so, but this is GoT.

And yes, I really hope Ramsey stumbles into Mels tent, she turns to see him, he's about to chop her head off....and he's sliced from head to toe by Stannis (or anyone).

:cheers:

Ramsay can't touch Mel. And apparently Stannis' decision to 'remain stubborn' pays off.

"For the Watch"

Words spoken by the Night's Watch mutiny moments before stabbing Jon

:cheers:

Ramsay can't touch Mel. And apparently Stannis' decision to 'remain stubborn' pays off.

"For the Watch"

Words spoken by the Night's Watch mutiny moments before stabbing Jon

Happy with that :cool4:

Thanks pal.

I'm looking forward to the Boltons demise more than I was Joffreys (Read the books, knew it was coming/had happened), but these tangeants are worrying me. Ramsey killing Stannis makes me feel ill.

I wonder if near the end of this episode that she abandons Stannis for Jon, making Selyse fall down and freak out because she is the most devoted follower of Mel.

oooh...and if she's headed to the wall while Jon is being stabbed maybe that will be another glimmer of hope for non book readers about jons fate perhaps? It would depend on her dialogue of course. I'm not sure, just speculating of course.

I see Mel very differently. I think she is inherently a good person.

She see's a threat. Far bigger than one person alone. She believes that AAR can stop this threat. I get the impression she feels that the sacrifice of one little girl is correct if it saves a thousand little girls. No matter how horrible it is. People get sent off to war with the knowledge that not everyone will come back. In a way it is the same, sacrifice a few to save the many. It is basic warfare.

Admittedly her methods are unconventional, but she never kills for no reason. It is always for the greater good and to save humanity as a whole. She doesn't seem to do anything for self gain like most characters.

Whether she is right or wrong we shall only discover in the fulness of time.

She is most likely wrong about Stannis being the one true king. I don't think she fully understands her visions and that is why she gets it wrong.

I think she is going to find out that her future is somehow tied to Jon. I think FTW needs to happen as Jon needs to be released from his Nights Watch vows and I can't see any other way to do that. I don't think burning Shireen will help Jon. However I agree that she might find out about who Jon is.

She see's a threat. Far bigger than one person alone. She believes that AAR can stop this threat. I get the impression she feels that the sacrifice of one little girl is correct if it saves a thousand little girls. No matter how horrible it is. People get sent off to war with the knowledge that not everyone will come back. In a way it is the same, sacrifice a few to save the many. It is basic warfare.

Admittedly her methods are unconventional, but she never kills for no reason. It is always for the greater good and to save humanity as a whole. She doesn't seem to do anything for self gain like most characters.

She is most likely wrong about Stannis being the one true king. I don't think she fully understands her visions and that is why she gets it wrong.

I think she is going to find out that her future is somehow tied to Jon. I think FTW needs to happen as Jon needs to be released from his Nights Watch vows and I can't see any other way to do that. I don't think burning Shireen will help Jon. However I agree that she might find out about who Jon is.

:agree: George once said that Mel and Varys are the most misunderstood characters.

It's cause people want Jon to be back to being fine at the start of the next book.

Myself, I don't think we'll see Jon much at all in the next book. Either he will be comatose due to the serious wounds, or dead (and his mind in Ghost). Both require at least one book (season) to fix. Just enough time for the White Walkers to roll over the Night's Watch and the Wall in general. Hell, maybe The Night's King will rez him while he's there anyway XD That would be the most interesting eventuality actually, especially if his mind is in Ghost and his body is just wandering around as a wight.

Also, Pigeon Pie, for the love of R'hllor put spoiler warnings in the topic title. This is spoilery as phuck.

It won't take an entire season. That's too long and there's too much he has to do.

I don't think she's a good person...but SHE thinks she is.

In her mind, she's a warrior for her Lord. But her hubris is that she believes that she is THE tool for her Lord...there's a reason that she is attempting to find AAR, and that's because she is vain enough to believe that she is the Lord's chosen who has been given this very important task.

She has a large ego- and that has made her believe that whatever she does is right, because it's in the name of the Lord.

I don't think she's evil, per se...but I do believe she has come very close to it with her actions at times. Instead of admitting that she doesn't understand what she sees, she makes things up- which is extremely dangerous. And her own ego doesn't allow her to realize that she's interpreting things incorrectly.

I do believe she is misunderstood by most, but when you look at her actions from her POV, I think it helps to understand her reasoning and her flaws.

It won't take an entire season. That's too long and there's too much he has to do.

I absolutely agree with your response. Jon has a key role to play. Even if Jon wargs into Ghost for a time, Varamyr tells us that the longer one wargs, the more one loses their human self. So, if it plays out the way we expect by ep 10 (this season), he might be 'missing' for an episode or two, but Jon is necessary now, more so than ever before. He might be changed, but he is still vital to the future.

Forgive me, but is there anyone around Stannis on the show that has ANY kind of King's blood? I honestly cant remember. His wife is a Florent, is she of royal descent? Just wondering if there are any options to save Shireen by burning someone else.

Forgive me, but is there anyone around Stannis on the show that has ANY kind of King's blood? I honestly cant remember. His wife is a Florent, is she of royal descent? Just wondering if there are any options to save Shireen by burning someone else.

he could burn himself :ack:

ep 10 synopsis has Stannis marching on, something will happen tonight that will be a setback. Ramsay will succeed again, as usual but Stannis is alive. Stannis would not go back to the Wall. I think Stannis will go to Winterfell and lay seige even if he was the last man alive in his army. This guy will gladly die rather than quit. At the Blackwater, they had to drag him away, kicking and screaming. Mel has said that she has seen herself walking the battlements of Winterfell. I think Stannis will get Winterfell but will get some unexpected help - Sansa/Lady Stoneheart?

Archived