"Love Locks" removed from the Pont des Arts in Paris, people complain

Quorra,

I once drove three hours to see my then girlfriend because she had a really bad day when I needed to be at work at 10:00 AM the next morning.

10:00 AM! That's love. Spare no inconvenience.

Disgusting. Whatever happened to doing it in public, or bringing your lover the head of an enemy, as a gesture of love?

Ah, you old fashioned romantic. I had a dog once who brought me a squirrel. He even removed its face for me. I was very touched by that gesture. I know he really meant that.

I wish they would've placed the locks on the Centre Georges Pompidou instead of the Pont des Arts. Beaubourg is already a damn eyesore. But seriously, how romantic is it placing a love locket when everyone else is doing it to. It seems to me people are doing this more for the public as opposed to a personal and spontaneous expression of a couple's love. (Let's not even start with proposals at major sporting events.) I also wonder how many of those relationships are over now.

Whats the standards with Love locks, I mean I get that its supposed to represent unending love, but so is getting married, although a padlock is a lot cheaper.

What happens if the couple split up? Are they supposed to go back, find their lock and remove it?

Whats the standards with Love locks, I mean I get that its supposed to represent unending love, but so is getting married, although a padlock is a lot cheaper.

What happens if the couple split up? Are they supposed to go back, find their lock and remove it?

Yes.

Yes they are.

Otherwise...it might be a wholly meaningless and trite gesture.

I thought they were an eyesore. I think they are on the Brooklyn Bridge now too.

They better not destroy that magnificent bridge!

I think it's ridiculous, how is leaving a lock on bridges be construed as romantic!? Here I thought leaving the toilet seat down without pee stain was love 😣

To save our bridges, we should make that part of any legal divorce.

"You both have to go and cut down a love lock. We don't care whos. Here's some official court-sanctioned bolt cutters."

Eh, cut 'em all off and toss them away. Preferably within the sight of the loving couple. Locks on a bridge is a stupid idea.

Yes, I **AM** a heartless bureaucrat. :angry:

Hahaha, honestly i can;t believe this bullshit is news. The first "love lock" was a nice idea, the rest of them are ridiculous. Sadly (and this is the only negative here that i can see), there are probably 15 people in Paris who just lost a massive amount of income selling 7 Euro locks to dumb tourists,

Eh, cut 'em all off and toss them away. Preferably within the sight of the loving couple. Locks on a bridge is a stupid idea.

Yes, I **AM** a heartless bureaucrat. :angry:

:lol: So very well put.

+1

Eh, cut 'em all off and toss them away. Preferably within the sight of the loving couple. Locks on a bridge is a stupid idea.Yes, I **AM** a heartless bureaucrat. :angry:

I totally concur!

But isn't there a Department of interior who protects these landmarks so it doesn't get destroyed?

If you want sanctioned love locking, go to Lovelock, Nevada, where there is apparently a long chain you can attach your locks to. They also sell love lock necklaces. I know this because my sister drove across the country with her ex-girlfriend and she got her a necklace. The only problem is that it's kind of in the middle of nowhere.

Archived