Trouble logging into the wiki

Gonzalo

For some reason I can log in here but I can't log into the Wiki... and the "reset password" option is constantly failing

Have you logged on to the wiki since they updated the wiki software around the beginning of April? They disable the bridge that connected forum logins and wiki logins. When this happened I couldn't login either, but I remembered I changed my forum password after that security breach a year or so ago. When I tried my original forum password on the wiki it worked. So if you can remember your original forum password that may get you on.

Edit: if this doesn't help, is there a particular error you're getting?

i can't log in either. says my username doesn't exits. am i missing something?

This is a known issue that the admins will fix when they have the time. Since they upgraded the wiki and disabled that bridge thingy new forum users aren't automatically set up with wiki accounts.

Wiki editing and login should be fixed. However, if you can't get a password arranged, drop me a message here. Travelling for the next couple of days but shall try to take care of it when I'm back.

We are at present thinking of abandoning the IPB-WIKI bridge to allow people to register going forward, but with the requirement that they register with the same email address as an account on the forum and providing their username in a note attached to the request. This way we'll be able to get new editors in while maintaining the anti-spam effect of requiring forum membership.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/34958-the-asoiaf-wiki-thread/?p=6951673

This is a known issue that the admins will fix when they have the time. Since they upgraded the wiki and disabled that bridge thingy new forum users aren't automatically set up with wiki accounts.

and when will that be? i read all the books and i'm eager to contribute. and the wiki definitely needs some work

and when will that be? i read all the books and i'm eager to contribute. and the wiki definitely needs some work

I don't know, I'm not one of the admins. I do know that this is their busy season, with the show airing and all. Plus Ran has been traveling I think. Hopefully soon.

In the past I couldn't logged in to the wiki unless I first logged in here

logged in here, still can't log in wiki. what kind of admins do we have? sheesh. if you can't do your job, pass it on.

Just to add, we have unfortunately not had time to look at a solution for this issue yet. The bridge we used to use does not exist for the version of the wiki we upgraded to, so we're going to have to find someone who can create a custom solution most likely.

Archived