Mad Max contd: further along the Fury Road [spoilers]

Fez

Sadly, and surprisingly, it seems that he's changed his mind

Australian director of the snubbed “Mad Max: Fury Road” George Miller: “I won’t make more ‘Mad Max’ movies. ‘Fury Road’ with Charlize TheronZoë KravitzRosie Huntington-Whiteley and Riley Keough was forever getting completed. If you finish one in a year, it’s considered a leap of faith. Start, stop, start again.

“I’ve shot in Australia in a field of wild flowers and flat red earth when it rained heavily forever. We had to wait 18 months and every return to the US was 27 hours. Those ‘Mad Maxes’ take forever. I won’t do those anymore.”

Hopefully that's just him being disappointed about the Golden Globes and he changes his mind again. If not, I'm not sure what the best option is. I'd really like to see another movie like Fury Road, but I'm not sure who else could do it. Justin Lin may be a good option. I know lots of people are down on the new Star Trek trailer, but the man knows how to make exciting car-based action movies; albeit without the world building that Fury Road had.

Sadly, and surprisingly, it seems that he's changed his mind

Hopefully that's just him being disappointed about the Golden Globes and he changes his mind again. If not, I'm not sure what the best option is. I'd really like to see another movie like Fury Road, but I'm not sure who else could do it. Justin Lin may be a good option. I know lots of people are down on the new Star Trek trailer, but the man knows how to make exciting car-based action movies; albeit without the world building that Fury Road had.

I'm taking this report with a grain of salt. And if it were true, I'd rather have the franchise die with him. Unless he himself anoints a successor, I don't have faith in anyone doing as good a job as Miller. 

Just saw the news as well.  Really bummed out... funny, because its not something I would have been bummed out about a year ago!  Fury Road was just absolutely stunning.

Archived