Can a Dragon Contract Grayscale? [All Spoilers]

Jeyne's Addiction

I've done a bit of searching and can find nothing on this topic.

If Jorah ends up riding one of the dragons, could he give the creature Grayscale? Would it take longer to progress for a dragon than it does a man? What effects might it have, beyond the physical and mental changes? Is Grayscale at all magical in nature? Could it link dragon to rider? (The Stone men appeared to be working together).

Interesting idea. Could it create "stone" dragons?

I was thinking the other way entirely. I wondered if fire/dragon fire could cure Grayscale.

Ser Jorah gets slightly grazed by Danerys' dragon in the pit and Shireen gets (partially) burned at her father's camp. We get a cured devotee of Danerys and a marriageable princess for Stannis to wed to someone.

Well, seeing as Jorah (Greyscale) Mormont just infected Daenerys, who just rode off on Drogon, we may find out!

You really don't give up on that? Even though there is zero evidence that the disease works the same on the show as in the books, and plenty of evidence that it doesn't.

Daenerys doesn't have greyscale.

You really don't give up on that? Even though there is zero evidence that the disease works the same on the show as in the books, and plenty of evidence that it doesn't.

Daenerys doesn't have greyscale.

To be fair they do tell the story of Shireen getting greyscale from a doll earlier in the season. So I don't think anything is off the table.

Of course why would Mormont want to harm Dany.

You can get greyscale from objects handled by people who have had greyscale so it's pretty clear Daenerys doesn't have to suck on Jorah's greyscale patch to contract the disease. Incidental contact with an infected person is more than enough.

That is unless you are a crappy screenwriter with a history of overlooking this kind of plot point

David Benioff..."God, we got everything wrong on a very basic level with the writing of it. We brought three of our friends over just to get a reaction from them. Watching them watch the pilot was a deeply humiliating, painful experience, because these are very smart individuals, and it just clearly wasn’t working for any of them on a very basic level.

At the very end of the pilot, Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) pushes Bran (Isaac Hempstead-Wright) out the window. Jaime is lying with his sister, Cersei (Lena Headey), and none of (our friends) realized that Jaime and Cersei were brother and sister, which is a major, major plot point that we had somehow failed to establish."

I know many people don't think the former two don't have it, but they really made a big deal of the hand thing. There were close-ups of the Jorah and Missandei one.

I don't really see an interest in following the story of another human character with Grayscale. We've had Shireen, we have Jorah, what more could be explored narrativly?

A dragon on the other hand...

Archived