[Book Spoilers] EP509 Discussion

Ran

I haven't seen it yet, but this was posted on IMDb. It is from 'Inside the episode' -

And there it goes. Fuck Stannis. Fuck the Baratheons/Durrandons. I am ready to watch their bloodline be destroyed for good(except the bastards can live). Edited by Dain Storm

I sincerely doubt the showrunners would change something that important just because they wanted to. Sure, Stan himself won't burn shireen, but like as not she'll meet a similar fate in the novels. It's not nice at all, but I'd bet on it happening.

No, no, they changed that because, creatively, it made sense... because they wanted it to happen.

I sincerely doubt the showrunners would change something that important just because they wanted to

Why the hell not? It's their show, and they already changed a lot of important stuff- do you really think Sansa is going to be abused and raped by someone like Ramsey? Or that Tysha is irrelevant to Tyrion's character?

Next week:

Tyrion, Jorah and Dario sit in the throne room looking sad

Jon sits at his desk, Sam v/o: "what are you going to do?"

Cerise (possibly confessing) v/o "I was lonely and afraid"

Another v/o (Jamie? HS?):"we don't choose who we love"

Mel looks at melting icicles v/o:"the Lord of light has made good on his promise"

Stannis stand in front of his army and pulls out his sword v/o:"the siege begins at sunrise"

Aria looking at something (a face?)v/o:"you're no one"

Shot of Brienne and Pod v/o (tyrion???) "you betrayed her

Sansa in a hood:"if I am going to die, let it happen whilst there is still some of me left"

I waited like four years for this scene and it was all about "saving Dany".

I hated HBO with passion. PASSION.

Agreed - this was the one scene above all others I was excited for. And it was...that.

Ugh Stannis. He can only hope that this will be worth it in the end.

Drogon is a badass, but the whole flying scene lacked intensity and urgency.

Much like absolutely everything this season.

I sincerely doubt the showrunners would change something that important just because they wanted to. Sure, Stan himself won't burn shireen, but like as not she'll meet a similar fate in the novels. It's not nice at all, but I'd bet on it happening.

You mean like Sansa getting raped, change something like that. LOL.