[Book Spoilers] EP509 Discussion

Ran

Welp, I hate to admit it but D&D pretty much outed themselves as shock artists. I wasn't happy with Sansa taking on Jeyne Poole's role but there is a valid story economy argument there. There is none for having Stannis burn her instead of having Mel do it at the Wall. Hell, they even had Jon away from the Wall so he couldn't have stopped it.

You mean like Sansa getting raped, change something like that. LOL.

yes I know they do love their "creativity", but where I'm coming from is, you've got an important character in the books, whose death has tremendous importance on the characterizations of many characters as well as the plot itself; I don't think the showrunners would kill such a character who GRRM has no intention of killing. Sure they made stannis do it, which is fucked up and you'll notice I am in complete agreeance in saying that was some serious character assassination, but they know GRRM, and if they asked him about this, AND THEY DID, their knowledge is objectively more informed than ours. All I'm saying.

I haven't seen it yet, but this was posted on IMDb. It is from 'Inside the episode' -

So Dumb and Dumber are blaming GRRM for this mess? And you're defending them? Have you read the Theon chapter from TWoW? Book-Stannis would clearly sacrifice himself before he let someone kill Shireen. You have no clue what you're talking about. I have no doubt that Melisandre (alone not with the help of Stannis) will sacrifice Shireen to resurrect Jon, but that's clearly not going to happen on the show. And while I don't want her to do it in the books, I can see why GRRM would do it that way: Jon is the hero everyone has been rooting for. But is his life more important than Shireen's life?

What D&D have done is nonsense. They're clowns.

Well, they said GRRM told them stannis burns Shireen. I guess we'll find out if they're lying or not 10 years from now when Winds comes out.

Did they say that Stannis would burnher? Or just that she would burn? They're two vastly different things (And Stannis is nowhere near her early in WoW).

Come see Ramsay "Solid Snake" Bolton and his 20 Delta Force good men destroying one of the greatest commanders and war minds by burning his stocks with surprise "out of his ass" fire...

Come see Jorah "grey scale" Mormont almost die in a pit fighting nobodies, THEN throwing a lance 100 meters aways right in the heart of an assassin...

Come see Dany in a Gucci dress riding a docile flying serpent who spits fire and saves the day with sweet music...

And YES, come see the total, brutal assassination of a greatly written asoiaf character... the child burner, it's 1 - 1 between drogon and Demon Stannis on that one but it seems the dragon is going on a redemption road while the show writers most hated character suffers from biased fan fiction...

HECK YEAH, tune in for the rest of the show... if you like horse manure

Edited by Laughing Storm Reborn