[Book Spoilers] EP509 Discussion

Ran

If the show maintains consistent logic (LOL), then Dany should have greyscale herself now.

I'm still trying to figure out why those harpies are alll standing around like morons when Dany's crew are surrounded 200-10. Of course, its so deus ex Drogona has time to make an appearance and whisk Dany off to safety. Even if we ignore the contrivance of that, why, after that happens, don't the harpies rush the rest and kill them all? I've read the books and I know that it goes down in a vaguely similar fashion, but the portrayal was not so hot, IMO.

And the book scene is not? Cme on, criticize D&D for bad choices but Drogon showing up at the nick of time is taken directly from the books.

Pretty gripping episode. Sad to see Shireen get offed the way she did but I suppose it was one way that Team Baratheon was not destined back to the crown afterall, especially when you lose devotion from your followers. I seriously doubt Davos will continue following him after he finds out.

Arya is back to making mistakes again... Wonder why Jaqar didnt act once he saw past that lie...

Really felt for Dany and the arena, although they did make this into her into being a damsel she showed great strength to charge up on her dragon and escape to her true calling.

The Dorne plot, i was hoping they would have revealed their 'real' intentions this time around like in the book but i guess they are stretching to make more of a story for KL and the Dorne side of things.

Overall not as good as Hardhome but still the next best episode this season. I cannot wait for the finale.

"This" is kind of ambiguous as to whether "this" means Shireen being burned or Stannis doing it, if GRRM does it in the books I will say it sucks also and is a betrayal of the character he has written up to an including the released Winds chapter.

There it is. Shireen will be burning for her kings blood in the books.

Not only that. Benioff strongly implies that Stannis will be responsible in the books as well.

Edited by Newstar

Yo know what? I can cope with HBO/DD believing we the audience are dumb. I cannot, whatsoever, accept that people here believe we readers are plain stupid.

We DO KNOW that Shireen will likely die. That's because Martin is not an OMG WHAT A SHOCK! author as HBO make believe. There is a big chance she will die and get burn (which it has been kinda confirmed already, not spoiled). We aren't mad at that. We are mad at the fact that, for whatever reason, maybe to make the whole thing "different", they put Stannis to make it. Because Stannis is a character that WOULD NOT do that. Stannis is not real. But he's a character from a book that has been outlined in a way. This goes against that way. COmpletely.

Especially not for a camp fire and hungry, cold men. The Others taking over the realm and breaching the Wall? Yes, he would but for cold, hungry men? Fuck that!!!!

i never reall thought of Stannis as a good guy in the books but they started making him likeable in the show, loving father and then he did this to Shireen. I am hoping that it was a glamour with Davos but who knows? I suppose it was real. The girls in this show cannot seem to catch a break unless they are name Dany.

Yeah right, Martin told them Stannis burns Shireen in the books, so they are spoiling the books now?

And George writing Stannis like... i have a duty to my daughter... no more burnings... if i die you will put my daughter on the throne... and all of a sudden he rides fast to Castle Black and shouts BURN HER, MUST BE DONE...

That's going to be quite a challenge to make sense and top some fan fiction stories i've read

Next Jon turns into an Other and brings the Long Night and Ned is revealed as the main villain after all by pulling all the strings...

Edited by Laughing Storm Reborn

On Hizdahr's death, honestly, if he's not the villain, the minimization of his plot on the show makes him feel kind of like a vestigial character.

Yeah right, Martin told them Stannis burns Shireen in the books, so they are spoiling the books now?

Er, yeah, they've been clear they're going to do that for a while.

Edited by Colonel Green

I dont think Stannis has any balls. All he does is bend to Melisandre all the time. No wonder nobody considers him a true leader. Ramsay is gonna flay you.

I have always considered him weak....even in the books. He is now responsible for having Melisandre murder both his brother and daughter. He certainly is not like the Starks who believe the person dictating the execution should do it himself. He is a coward and a JERK!

I still believe D&D changed how it will go in the books. Stannis obviously wouldnt be present to burn her. I have no doubt Selyse would get word of the Pink Letter and bring Shireen to Melisandre for her to burn, which in the books could possibly ressurect Jon. The fact of Stannis burning her feels so wrong in the show and the book that this is beyond ridiculous. Now if Stannis dies theres no Baratheon to sit on the throne...it makes NO sense!!! Are they leading to Stannis freeing Sansa and taking her as his wife? What the HELL is going ON?!!