[Book Spoilers] EP509 Discussion

Ran

To the people saying "but it makes sense Stannis would in the books!", "but he killed Renly!", well, we got it. You didn't understand the books :dunno:

There, take a cookie.

We understand the books. We just don't hate watch the show like you do.

They have set up Shireen's death since Season 2.

LOL at the fandom right now.

1. Certain fans: "STANNIS BURNING SHIREEN IS OFF-BOOK TRASH, HOW DARE D&D, THEY HAVE FUNDAMENTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD BOOK STANNIS' CHARACTER, GRRM WOULD NEVAH"

2. D&D: "George told us this happens."

3. Certain fans:

A. D&D ARE FILTHY LIARS, GRRM WOULD NEVAH, or

B. If GRRM does it, it will be SUPER AMAZING and WILL TOTALLY MAKE SENSE and WILL BE TOTALLY CONSISTENT WITH BOOK STANNIS' CHARACTER

1. Certain fans: Sansa married Ramsay IS OFF-BOOK TRASH, HOW DARE D&D, THEY HAVE FUNDAMENTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD BOOK STANNIS' CHARACTER, GRRM WOULD NEVAH"

for gods sake, stannis is at winterfell and shireen at the wall in the god damn books.

stannis is asking massey to put shireen in the throne and avange his death if he dies, which is what most likely will happen.

how can this be from the books???

this is bullshit.

agreed...not happy

So everyone that disagrees with you didn't understand the books?

I am a Stannis fan. Until I read the final two books I don't know what Stannis would or wouldn't do.

I don't like that ShowStannis burnt Shireen, but I am waiting to see what comes from it.

JonCons Red Beard, I have always enjoyed your posts but I feel like repeatedly telling people who disagree with you, that they didn't understand the books is extremely unfair and unproductive.

Why even give him the time? His name is based off of the lamest character of the book anyways.

That makes it any better? It's still a child being burned for some cause. What people are furious is not that Shireen was burned, but that Stannis was responsible. They are crying over Stannis.

ahah!

I am totally fine with it, i think they did a magisterial work with the scene and the role reversal among Selyse and Stannis.

Totally fitting!

I'm looking forward to see how it will happen in the books. :-)

Hmmm, Mel also told Arya TV Arya they would meet again some day.

And even in the books, it appears that Mel has a thing for Jon.

In the original draft, Jon and Arya loved each other EVEN when they thought they were brother and sister.

Since I still suspect that is the direction for J&A, Arya could be Mel's downfall.

You internet warriors read the books and think you can write a better story then D&D is laughable. Your sense of entitlement is a reminder of how bullheaded you book readers are.

First of all, there is no need to be rude. Second of all, we don't think we can write a better story than D&D, we think GRRM has written a better story than D&D. There is a difference. And we don't idealize GRRM either. If he started on WOW as soon as he finished DWD, we wouldn't be in a situation we are in right now. This is just a statement of fact, has nothing to do with the sense of entitlement.

He did kill his own brother back in season 2, for no other than reason than because Mel said so and it would win him the Iron Throne. I'm pretty sure the whole kill-family-for-sheer-ambition was already well established for his character.

Yes, but the show went out the way to express that there was no love lost between the brothers, so it made sense.

This season they have built up a surprisingly tender relationship between Stannis and Shireen, and topped it off by him sacrificing her. The way they portrayed their relationship I can't help but feel like considerably more anguish and indecision would have made more sense.

1. Certain fans: Sansa married Ramsay IS OFF-BOOK TRASH, HOW DARE D&D, THEY HAVE FUNDAMENTALLY MISUNDERSTOOD BOOK STANNIS' CHARACTER, GRRM WOULD NEVAH"

D&D never claimed that Sansa married Ramsay in the books. They have said why they chose to have Sansa marry Ramsay, and it had nothing to do with book spoilers. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Davos will probably run into Rickon and Shaggydoy. After all this shit, I'm rooting for Rickon for King and Davos for his hand. And Shaggy for royal executioner. Maybe Davos will be the one that kills Stannis in the end...especially after this shit.

would totally love that!! Cant wait to see Davos' reaction when he finds out

First of all, there is no need to be rude. Second of all, we don't think we can write a better story than D&D, we think GRRM has written a better story than D&D. There is a difference. And we don't idealize GRRM either. If he started on WOW as soon as he finished DWD, we wouldn't be in a situation we are in right now. This is just a statement of fact, has nothing to do with the sense of entitlement.

It actually has everything to do with entitlement

FFS, most Stannis fans like myself are mad that they did this so damn early. To get Winterfell? He burns his daughter? Please....

This is an indication that Stannis will die much sooner in the show than in the books. Heck, I have a feeling that the show will kill Stannis next week (by Brienne most likely). I myself hope they go ahead and be done with it. They already butchered the character.

Whether or not the books will burn Shireen, the creators should never be directly spoiling it for fans. They should do there own thing and say nothing so that we can still wonder what will happen in the show and conversely how the book will differ. I feel cheated a little watching the behind the episode. We readers put in a lot of time and love reading and speculating on the books and for it to be casually tossed out there feels wrong.

I believe they felt the need to spoil this to minimize the amount of death threats they would get.

What's sad, is I'm being 100% honest.

FFS, most Stannis fans like myself are mad that they did this so damn early. To get Winterfell? He burns his daughter? Please....

This is an indication that Stannis will die much sooner in the show than in the books. Heck, I have a feeling that the show will kill Stannis next week (by Brienne most likely). I myself hope they go ahead and be done with it. They already butchered the character.

How could you!!!!

Bend the Knee or Die!!

Whether or not the books will burn Shireen, the creators should never be directly spoiling it for fans. They should do there own thing and say nothing so that we can still wonder what will happen in the show and conversely how the book will differ. I feel cheated a little watching the behind the episode. We readers put in a lot of time and love reading and speculating on the books and for it to be casually tossed out there feels wrong.

I believe they felt the need to spoil this to minimize the amount of death threats they would get.

What's sad, is I'm being 100% honest.

people have been talking about how GRRM was lied too on some threads. come on