[Book Spoilers] EP509 Discussion

Ran

Yyou are right, Dolorous Gabe, but in the show he is not quite there. Yet they showed, during the boat trip, that Brienne is very present for Jaime.

But most of Cersei's deillusioning manipulations and and her getting more and more psychotic have not yet happened, Cersei may be mean, self centered and ruthless but so far she appears relatively sane given the situation she is in.

Does Jaime even realize how she (and Margaery) made use of Tommen? Does he know, does he care?

Oh I know he isn't in that place in the show. I admit I was really just talking about the books.

On the show I literally have no idea how it's going to play out. I have a feeling he would care about Tommen in the show, because I get the impression the change to his arc is essentially that he now wants to become more of a father to his offspring. That seems to be the sum of his 'redemptive' arc in the show that started in the Riverlands. Apparently something major is supposed to happen in Dorne in the final episode of this season so I guess it might shed more light on what the point of it is.

There is those who thinks its impossible for the book Stannis to do it and others who think he will unquestionably.... there is enough proof to support both depending on how you interpret his motives, so enter in extensive raving arguments is just futile.... we need oly to accept the opionion of the other

I really thinks that he won't gonna do it.... nothing on his arc have showed that he is capable of sacrificing his own daughter fo a number of reasons:

1) He sacrificed only people who wronged him somehow:

Thats how it always starts. Trust me I know. Chap starts burning a few peasants and after a few months he's into the hard stuff, knights, tradesmen. Unless you intervene they always end up burning the wife and kids.

Nah,

The fact that he burned anyone for Mel's fake God made it clear that Shireen was going to end up as BBQ. It is obvious in the books.

Stannis is the George W. Bush of Westeros. He thinks that he is dah man and dah decider but he is really just the puppet of his evil sidekick Melissandre Cheney.

Thats how it always starts. Trust me I know. Chap starts burning a few peasants and after a few months he's into the hard stuff, knights, tradesmen. Unless you intervene they always end up burning the wife and kids.

Nah,

The fact that he burned anyone for Mel's fake God made it clear that Shireen was going to end up as BBQ. It is obvious in the books.

Stannis is the George W. Bush of Westeros. He thinks that he is dah man and dah decider but he is really just the puppet of his evil sidekick Melissandre Cheney.

Where exactly its obvious? GRRM is nothing but obvious, otherwise everyone would antecipate the Red and Purple Wedding, etc.... I never said it is impossible, because we have 2 books were GRRM can explore this ideia and write something much more plausible.... I presented what I think its going to happen based in my analisis of the character: its not impossible, just very unlikely

Edited by Tyu-Chuck

Nah,

We should trust you because you are into burning peasants, eh?

Nah,

:lol:

Can someone answer this question:

How many daughters does Elleria has with Oberyn? I thought it was 5, but Prince Doran said "you are a mother of four of my nieces". Mistake? I know it's probably not relevant in a grant scheme of things, but I just wanted to know.

In the books?

According to this link, http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Oberyn_Martell, Oberyn and Ellaria have 4 daughters. Elia, Obella, Dorea, and Loreza.

Yea, In the books.

Sorry, I used this source http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ellaria_Sandwhich clearly states she has 5. I guess it's a mistake on that wiki.

However, in the show Tyene calls Ellaria "Mother", but in the books she's the daughter of a septa.

Yea, In the books.

Sorry, I used this source http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Ellaria_Sandwhich clearly states she has 5. I guess it's a mistake on that wiki.

However, in the show Tyene calls Ellaria "Mother", but in the books she's the daughter of a septa.

I don't think it's a mistake. Books and show have differences, and your link is for the show and only the show. There is a difference regarding how many daughters Oberyn and Ellaria have: show 5/books 4. Tyene is not Ellaria's.

I don't think it's a mistake. Books and show have differences, and your link is for the show and only the show. There is a difference regarding how many daughters Oberyn and Ellaria have: show 5/books 4. Tyene is not Ellaria's.

No, but in the TV show Doran says "4 nieces" but the wiki for the TV show says they have 5 daughters. Hence the wiki must be wrong and the show is correct and in line with the books.

No, but in the TV show Doran says "4 nieces" but the wiki for the TV show says they have 5 daughters. Hence the wiki must be wrong and the show is correct and in line with the books.

Gotcha. I don't remember Doran saying that, I've been consciously trying to erase all memory of show Dorne from my mind. :p

But didn't someone say Tyene was Ellaria's daughter? Maybe that god awful scene with the scarf tent and the guy buried in the sand? :dunno:

Stannis has single-mindedly pursued his "destiny" since we first met him. He's obsessed with the Iron Throne, Why is everyone so shocked that he will take ANY measures he deems necessary?

Okay, I'll bite. How is this act of burning his daughter necessary for his destiny? What was his reason? What was he trying to accomplish? What is the likelihood (if any) that his goals (if any) by this action will (or can) come to pass? Was there discussion of this act: weighing of options, calculations of outcomes?

Gotcha. I don't remember Doran saying that, I've been consciously trying to erase all memory of show Dorne from my mind. :P

But didn't someone say Tyene was Ellaria's daughter? Maybe that god awful scene with the scarf tent and the guy buried in the sand? :dunno:

I think it was in some of the leaked audition scenes. The one they cut?

Okay, I'll bite. How is this act of burning his daughter necessary for his destiny? What was his reason? What was he trying to accomplish? What is the likelihood (if any) that his goals (if any) by this action will (or can) come to pass? Was there discussion of this act: weighing of options, calculations of outcomes?

As Azor Ahai his daughter is Nissa Nissa. But there's no flaming sword that I've seen in the episode 10 preview. So more MelisandreSpin.

In other words, Mel wanted a burning, and the only way to get one was to remind Stannis that R'hllor needs kingsblood.

Edited by roxWolfox 🍁

But Obara isn't Ellaria's right, so she has three daughters.

I think it was in some of the leaked audition scenes. The one they cut?

Yeah, could be. But show Tyene is Ellaria's, right?

Show Tyene is Ellaria's, according to HBO.

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-5/episode-4/people/194/tyene-sand

Edited by kissdbyfire

He's out of military options. His stores have been destroyed, many of his horses killed and WINTER IS COMING. He sees his only option as going forward and needs a big hand from the Red God. Mel has been going on and on about the value of "king's Blood" and the necessity of sacrifice.....how is it you don't get this?

He's out of military options. His stores have been destroyed, many of his horses killed and WINTER IS COMING. He sees his only option as going forward and needs a big hand from the Red God. Mel has been going on and on about the value of "king's Blood" and the necessity of sacrifice.....how is it you don't get this?

Dead horses = food. And the camp is right next to a lake. And Mel the Black Dread has been going on and on about king's blood now, but conveniently forgot about Mance and Aemon's.