Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP509 Discussion

This whole burning thing was CLEARLY hinted at back in 2008, when D&D told GRRM that he could sacrifice his books in order to wake actors out of ink. That look on GRRM's face at the end of that scene was so powerful, though. "Was this worth it? What have I done?"

I've been calling it since episode 3.

I really hope she becomes LS and kills the boltons, little finger and some Freys. At the least it would kind of save Sansa's character

Dorne was weak but it's been weak all season. The Stannis scene was beautifully acted, evryone brought their A game. It's really sad to see Kerry Ingram go, she brought such warmth and cuteness to Shireen I'll miss her. Daznak's left me speechless, I've been waiting to see that scene for years and it delivered.

Stannis fans should just jump off the Baratheon ship. D&D confirmed that it's straight out of the books.

They said that Shireen gets burned and it's the culmination of the talk about kings blood, not that Stannis would order it.

It literally cannot be taken 'straight out' of the books as when in the same scenario book-Stannis refused to burn some random unbeliever with whom he had zero connection, let alone his only child and heir.

I thought the Drogon seen was going to be better personally. I mean, how did Jorah, Darrio, Tyrion, and Missandei get out?

So who do we want dead first? Ramsay, Stannis or Melisandre? Preferably all at once but I'd pick Stannis. We knew Ramsay and Mel were bad news. Stannis is a POS!

for gods sake, stannis is at winterfell and shireen at the wall in the god damn books.

stannis is asking massey to put shireen in the throne and avange his death if he dies, which is what most likely will happen.

how can this be from the books???

this is bullshit.

And Dany just leaves her people - Jorah, Tyrion, Daario, and Missandei and the remaining unsullied - alone to face the oncoming Harpy-sons?

She didn't want Drogon to die.

It aired on Sky Atlantic at 2am in Britain. If you've got Sky you can watch it.

You bad man now I need to watch this crap I usually watch it on a Monday night le sigh.

Well, they said GRRM told them stannis burns Shireen. I guess we'll find out if they're lying or not 10 years from now when Winds comes out.

double post

Edited by ipsuel

Davos will probably run into Rickon and Shaggydoy. After all this shit, I'm rooting for Rickon for King and Davos for his hand. And Shaggy for royal executioner. Maybe Davos will be the one that kills Stannis in the end...especially after this shit.

for gods sake, stannis is at winterfell and shireen at the wall in the god damn books.

stannis is asking massey to put shireen in the throne and avange his death if he dies, which is what most likely will happen.

how can this be from the books???

this is bullshit.

And Dany just leaves her people - Jorah, Tyrion, Daario, and Missandei and the remaining unsullied - alone to face the oncoming Harpy-sons?

Maybe she is just taking a short flight around Meereen to exert her power and will be back soon?

Great episode!!. Poor shireen, how many people are like " Stannis the Mannis " after what he did ? Crazy!!

man that actor is great he looked CRAZY!!!

Stannis is worse than Selyse. We've come to this. Also, Sansa won't become LS. There have been spoilers saying she and Ramsay have a relationship change. So I'm betting she kills him whilst Stannis invades Winterfell?

killing him or him killing her would be a change in the relationship...

also who will shadow baby kill, roose, or ramsey...or will it be a bad enough baby to kill both?