[Poll] How would you rate episode 509?

Ran

How would you rate episode 509?  

980 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I gave it a 2. Big mess of an episode.

Always thought Shireen would burn but Stannis can't possibly do that in the books. They are too far away from the Wall where Shireen & Selsye are located. I see nothing in the alleged GRRM to D&D quote that says Stannis gives her to Mel to sacrifice.

Doran is so silly & frustrating ...some good writing & cut the Sandsnakes time down way down

Mereen was hilarious. The harpies seriously out number Dany& Pals & still can't take them out. No, they all wait in a ring to get torched by Drogon,

Drogon stretched his neck & body towards Dany in a touching moment but he was covered in nasty spines. Ahem how can she ride him like that?

Tyrion needs to design a special saddle and lead for them.Speaking of Tyrion,poor guy was almost trampled in the flight from stands. Luckily, he grabbed a knife to use on our end of the Sons of h's rushing at Missy

Bad choreography

Shireen dying actually made me cry. Not in a my eyes watered way, in a way I was full on crying trying to make myself shut up so I could see the rest.

Stannis's book character finally coming through on the show.

And drogon and dany. This was what was pumping me all through the week. Like I lived and breathed to see dany riding drogon and it turned out to be the worst CGI I've ever seen in my life. Never liked how the show had a go at hizdhar and now I want show dany to burn in the seven hells, which says a lot because daenerys is my fourth favourite character.

As for tyrstane, I either want the actor to die or the character. Same goes for Myrcella. Their stupid ugly dumb romance makes me want to bitch slap the both of them. Probably knock tyrstane out due to his glass jaw.

Loved ellaria pouring the wine.

Always thought Shireen would burn but Stannis can't possibly do that in the books. They are too far away from the Wall where Shireen & Selsye are located. I see nothing in the alleged GRRM to D&D quote that says Stannis gives her to Mel to sacrifice.

Doran is so silly & frustrating ...some good writing & cut the Sandsnakes time down way down

Mereen was hilarious. The harpies seriously out number Dany& Pals & still can't take them out. No, they all wait in a ring to get torched by Drogon,

Drogon stretched his neck & body towards Dany in a touching moment but he was covered in nasty spines. Ahem how can she ride him like that?

Tyrion needs to design a special saddle and lead for them.Speaking of Tyrion,poor guy was almost trampled in the flight from stands. Luckily, he grabbed a knife to use on our end of the Sons of h's rushing at Missy

Bad choreography

Bad choreography

Solid 9 from me.

I know a lot of people had very high hopes for this episode but ya know that is always a recipe for being let down.

This episode had it's holes sure.. but god damn was it packed with so much raw emotion and rage. So much intensity radiating from many of the characters you could slice the animosity with a knife! OMFG!

I loved it.

Dorne is so silly & frustrating ..with some good writing & cut the Sandsnakes time down way down & it could a nice addition to the show. I find Dorne intriguing in the books & they never truly surrendered to the Targs

Tyrion needs to design a special saddle and lead for them.Speaking of Tyrion,poor guy was almost trampled in the flight from stands. Luckily, he grabbed a knife to use on one of the Sons of h's rushing at Missy

Bad choreography

Edited by ladyinblack

Liked the episode a lot, thought Jorah was a goner once he saved Dany with the spear. The Arya storyline is not the most exciting thing but she is growing as a FM. Glad Mereen is over this season, could not have taken another season of this. Get on with it GRRM!

On Shireen & Stannis:

In the after the episode D&D confirm Shireen burning is a spoiler from Winds of Winter

Poor D&D

I gave it an 8 . The one thing that made me roll my eyes was the accurate count of just how many men got into stannis's camp and set fire to the tents in the pitch black of darkness...20 men was it hmmm where did we hear that number before oh right Ramsay requested that exact number of men in the last episode.They have to make everything so bloody obvious and the dialogue goes along those lines too.This season has been so bad that I have to give this episode an 8 to reflect just how bad the other episodes were.The sad fact is they are probably half way through filming dopey changes and pointless filler for the next season already. The fighting pit scene was bizare at times but some elements of it were enjoyable ie Jorah throwing the spear to save Daenerys but the whole business of the harpies not really putting in any effort to kill Dany once they surrounded her was very unrealistic (yes putting aside the fact dragons don't exist).Jorah carelessly grabbing Dany's hand knowing he has grayscale, I've noticed that a lot of the scenes since they diverged from the books in season 4 have been very repetitive litterally nothing happens over the span of say four episodes at a time except the occassional minor character like Janos Slynt losing their head it's not as if it can fall back on its incredible dialogue and well rounded realistic characters because D&D simply aren't up to Georges standard. at this rate I can honestly see this show being cancelled before the final series.

Well starting with Jon why is he on the wrong side on the wall? He was on a ship, he was heading back to east watch, where he left from. So WTF is he doing on the wrong side of the wall? Was this to show how Jon is defending the Wildlings, because Kit gave us snarling face. Grrr I am so angry. Jon of course is standing up for the Wildlings, instead of charging them a toll, and later blackmailing them with starvation, you can have an onion, a rotten apple or work for me. He could of asked them claiming common cause, but he went right to blackmail. His heroic raid at Crasters, his killing of the Thenns at the battle of the wall, his rescue mission to Hardhome where he saves thousands of Wildlings, but oh feels guilty because he didn't save them all. In the books he didn't save any of them and many of his men died trying to get there, and he never went or killed an Other. Then on the other hand Dany abandons all her friends while there are still a lot of Harpies in the pit, who have her friends surrounded.

The pit scene came off as very anticlimactic to me, and plays out very differently than in the books, which is clearly better. Dany actually is attempting to save Drogon in the books, and you can sort of say that with the show, as he had been speared multiple times. The Meereen scene in the books was all about Dany rejecting the masters, I am not your mother, turning down the locusts which are poisoned, removing the traditional gown, and running into the pit to save her child. She does not want to be with Hiz, she does not want to be the mother of slavers, she does not want the fighting pits open, she has no love for Meereen or their past practices and culture and has felt backed into a corner because she does not want to go to war, because of the amount of death and killing involved. Not that the slavers have given her any choice. I figure the Sons are suppose to be the threat that the army outside the walls was but it just does not play as well. And could Jorah stop touching everyone? Gosh sure was lucky he went back to the Pits to fight just so he could rescue her from a planned assault he has no idea would happen. So instead of Dany saving Drogon, Drogon and Jorah, and everyone else saves Dany, and Missy, someone had to save her too. Tyrion of course. Not that I don't like Tyrion but could they stop manufacturing scenes for the show where women constantly have to be saved. Can I just point out that the first Harpy who tried to kill Dany walked right past two Unsullied guarding the back of her box while he was wearing a mask. Why? Just so she could be saved.

Shireen and Stannis, I thought was acted well, but I felt nothing, it was heavy handed and predictable. Some say Stannis will clearly do this in the books, how the hell will he do this in the books when he is nearly a thousand miles away from her, and stuck and has no way of getting to her. She got a Jojen death, "Well we were done with the character so we killed them off early. We had nothing for Sophie Turner to do so we gave her another characters story so we could have her raped. But it was empowering because she gave Theon a candle. Yeah real empowering, more like very predictable and heavy handed. Oh and Dorne which is just pointless. Oh and Braavos were we have what appears to be a child prostitute about to clearly be abused. Because I need that to dislike Ser whos it's of what's it. Seems like the show always feels the need to abuse young women when they want you to dislike someone you already don't like, or just for cheap shock, which both Shireen and Sansa were.

I give the episode a three for ruining one of my favorite scenes, for following the same patterned abuse of women to generate shock and try to force emotion from the viewer, and for White Washing the shit out of Jon now because characters can't be grey or complex. Jon is just a random cliche with a sword at this point running around wanting to hit everything with his sword, and stab everything with his sword, and lacks any of the complexity from the books. And finally Dorne which is a steaming pile of pointless bullshit.

Edited by Ser Creighton

Rated a one. Was hoping for a redemption of this season after last week, but this episode was the worst of the series by far. I'll watch the finale, but after that I'm done with this show and with ASOIAF. If GRRM "approves" of Stannis burning Shireen because NINJA RAMSEY LIT ALL THE HORSES ON FIRE, then I've got to question his judgment as a writer, and it makes me wonder how abyssmally awful the next books will be, if they ever come out.

Stannis is no hero; in the books nor in the show. The show has done a great job in setting him up as the "good guy" in the game of thrones. He's the rightful heir, he doesn't scheme and make false alliances, he's the real straight and narrow in the Seven Kingdoms, in the show. They've gone out of their way to make the same man us book readers saw aid in his own brother's murder was turned into some strong, determined, hero that we all know he's not.

I think burning that kid was a tacky way to bring show watchers to the realization that Stannis is not the hero they're looking for. Something had to be done to remove show Stannis out of his 'good-guy' territory.

A 6/10 for this horrible use of characters. And the ridiculous waste of Jaime Lannaster's character.

6/10

Arya scene was poor... Sir Meryn did killed Syrio Forell, hoped that reference would come out but the selling oysters in the whorehouse is just a a thing i cant digest.

Wall was good, but only because it didnt last long.

Drogon being a hero on the pit is something i can't stand. Why?? right on time?

Shireen... well they sacrificed shireen but killed Stannis. And if she is to be burned in the books i would guess it's selyse fault not stannis.