[Poll] How would you rate episode 509?

Ran

How would you rate episode 509?  

980 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

You do realize it's not the same people giving 1 for every episode? For me 1 would be the lowest Game of Thrones could possibly descend to, not the lowest TV could go.

You might be an exception, there are always a few, but I'm pretty sure it's the same people voting 1s on these episodes. This type a person votes based on how they feel about what happens to characters that they like and whether those characters do things that disappoint them or make them happy. Overwhelmingly, 1 out of 10 on this forum is an emotional, retaliatory protest vote. For this episode, maybe add in some additional book purists that don't realize a Shireen sacrifice is very likely to occur there as well. In any case, not very objective voting coming from this group, if we were to consider the actual quality of the episodes.

Mad Men doesn't have plot holes the size of the Reach though, does it? So an objective comparison would put GoT below Mad Men, regardless of what you may subjectively think of it.

A good story with a few plot holes is objectively better than a shitty story with no plotholes.

A good story with a few plot holes is objectively better than a shitty story with no plotholes.

It's not LOL, because what you consider "a good story" is completely subjective. I prefer Mad Men in every single way to GoT: better acting, better dialogue, better exploration of themes, and no fucking plot holes.

Compared to that, GoT looks like it was written by amateurs. And it was.

To give it a 10 would be comparing it to truly great TV shows like The Sopranos and Mad Men. Compared to them, a rating of 1 would be generous for GoT...

What's so great about Mad Men? Like truly great so great that rating Game of Thrones 1 would be generous? I am curios as I have watched all the episodes of both shows. And more I'm curious, if Game Of Thrones is THAT shit, what the hell are you still doing here bitching? Watching every episode and whining? On this very forum there are MANY sections entirely unpolluted of the poison in TV called Game Of Thrones, where Dimwit and Douchebag aren't allowed to touch George R R Martin's holy words for twisting them for their own lowly purposes like burning sweet little girls alive and then coming to lie about it in the interviews.

10/10

My favorite episode of the season so far(I'm biased because I like Dany/Drogon scene better than Jon/Wunwun).

Still love it so much! I don't get why people rate it a 1 just cause someone they love died. I do agree with other reasons such as Stannis loving Shireen in early eps and then suddenly having a change of heart is weird though and I didn't like that. But the good just outweighs the bad for me. Those final drogon scene was soooo goood!

One thing though, I hate about the flying scene was Dany's hair. It was very stiff and it made it obvious that she's not high up in the ground flying in very fast speed. They could've just CGI'd her hair to make it look realistic!!!!!

It's not LOL, because what you consider "a good story" is completely subjective. I prefer Mad Men in every single way to GoT: better acting, better dialogue, better exploration of themes, and no fucking plot holes.

I avoid watching Mad Men immediately after GoT because the contrast in the quality of writing is just too jarring. Especially the dialogue.

Good for you.

Mad Men is probably my least favorite drama I've ever attempted watching. It's awful. Kudos for them for having great acting, great writing, great direction, and all that nonsense. It's completely wasted on one of the most worthless mediums of entertainment I've ever experienced in my life.

Game of Thrones, on the other hand, has resulted in me devoting a significant amount of my leisurely time to following. The book is certainly better than the TV series, but the book is sublime and TV gets more crap than it deserves for not following the book to a T.

As far as overall TV series goes, I'd give GoT a 9/10 and Mad Men a 2/10. Saying GoT is a 1/10 on the Mad Men scale is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on the internet.

Alright, I'm done, agree to disagree, have the last word if you must.

I gave a 1 for several reasons, some of which include the following:

1. How does Stannis not know what the Dance of the Dragons was?

2. How did Davos correctly guess the number of men who burnt their supplies? How did the supplies burn so quickly...with all that snow?

3. Why does Mace Tyrell not have a teleportation machine like Tyrion, LF, Jon and the wildlings, and Stannis?

4. Why did the Sons of the Harpy just kill everyone, even Hizdhar?

5. After everything he learnt, why is Jon going back to complaining about how no one likes him, without relaying the new information (especially about Valyrian steel) to anyone?

6. Why were the Sand Snakes slapping each other?

7. Why is Ellaria okay with the incest? And why is her character so inconsistent...in one episode?

8. Why is Doran giving his only heir to the Lannisters?

9. Why is Bronn being punched, why is Jaime still in Dorne, why are the Sand Snakes so devoid of personalities that go beyond possessing different weapons and wanting to be the most beautiful women in the world?

10. How was that random son of the harpy able to penetrate Dany's security so deeply?

11. Why did the Sons of the Harpy simply not throw their spears at Dany? We know they can do this because they threw them quite effectively at Drogon?

12. Why was the pit fighter hesitating when he could have just killed Jorah?

13. Why is Jorah touching Dany? Is he really that selfish?

14. Why is Dany flying away? She seems to have won.

15. And even if she hasn't won, why is she leaving behind Missandei, whose hand she has holding quite poignantly only seconds ago?

16. Why is Stannis burning his daughter? Why is Selyse the one to object?

17. Why is Tyrion saving helpless maidens?

18. Where is Grey Worm?

19. Why is Arya so bad as a spy?

20. Why is Trant a paedophile? Why is he throwing random homophobic slurs at someone who died years ago?

21. Why is Mace Tyrell singing?

22. Why is any of this happening?

2. How did Davos correctly guess the number of men who burnt their supplies? How did the supplies burn so quickly...with all that snow?

3. Why does Mace Tyrell not have a teleportation machine like Tyrion, LF, Jon and the wildlings, and Stannis?

5. After everything he learnt, why is Jon going back to complaining about how no one likes him, without relaying the new information (especially about Valyrian steel) to anyone?

7. Why is Ellaria okay with the incest? And why is her character so inconsistent...in one episode?

9. Why is Bronn being punched, why is Jaime still in Dorne, why are the Sand Snakes so devoid of personalities that go beyond possessing different weapons and wanting to be the most beautiful women in the world?

10. How was that random son of the harpy able to penetrate Dany's security so deeply?

11. Why did the Sons of the Harpy simply not throw their spears at Dany? We know they can do this because they threw them quite effectively at Drogon?

15. And even if she hasn't won, why is she leaving behind Missandei, whose hand she has holding quite poignantly only seconds ago?

18. Where is Grey Worm?

20. Why is Trant a paedophile? Why is he throwing random homophobic slurs at someone who died years ago?

Because the show writers need to be given Joffrey justice and new ones need to be hired.

18. Where is Grey Worm?

23. Why are you watching? Don't you have a life?

Yeah she lost Barristan. That doesn't change the fact that she'd won at this point. The Harpy Attacks had stopped, there was no pale mare, no impending war with half of Essos, she really seemed to have pretty good control over her dragons.

I agree with you on the pale mare and war with other cities. Does the show ever mention that the attacks stopped? If yes, I must have missed it, because to me the Harpies we're still a big topic. I mean they were basically the reason why Dany thought she has to "integrate" into Meereenese culture more, marry a noble guy and open the fightings pits...

So maybe in the show she had a short breather, but to me if was just a question of time until the Harpies would strike again.