[Poll] How would you rate episode 509?

Ran

How would you rate episode 509?  

980 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

Why would we be angry with Drogon? Does Drogon writes the show? :dunno:

The whole scene is about Dany actually saving Drogo and herself. They made it look like Nice Guy Knight Jorah saving her Lady Khaleesi.

I'm sure you got the point and yet decided to make that dumb joke.

I actually forgot which thread :) but I did see the exact "Wtf? Daenerys need saving? Pathetic"

In response, should Dany have taken a sword and wore a helmet and kick some ass?

Tyrion itself was unbearable. I would have killed myself if Dany held a sword.

Edited by robasp2

Mad Men doesn't have any misogyny, unlike Game of Thrones (TV version). That's a big reason it's better.

I ai'nt gonna comment on the mysogyny coz I assume you to just fire out multiple posts defending yourself and telling how we all are wrong & only you are right.

Probably a radical feminist.

Anyway please do not FUCKING compare GoT to other shows that are not even the same genre! If you want to praise Mad men please go to your Mad Men forum.

Same with Breaking bad fans etc..

EDIT: Compare it with any other fantasy series, The ASoIAF books and the past seasons.

Edited by robasp2

Yeah let's only compare GoT with Xena Warrior Princess, so it can have a ten.

Did you even get the point I'm trying to convey? Jesus!!

Compare GoT with any fantasy series that is what I meant.

Or compare it with the books or the past seasons.

Edited by robasp2

Funny to see how Daenerys fans were angry with Drogon.

"Wtf? Dany had to be saved? they ask.

Seriously what would you have wanted?

SoH rise up.

Everyone runs around stabbing.

Dany sits very cool in her chair watching her nails

Finally a harpy comes to her.

She doesnt even look at him, she whistles out. Drogon appears. "How may I be of service?" It asks.

"Jump up and down on one foot. I would like to show everyone I fully control you...and Oh when youre done roast these people , fetch a saddle and bow down here. I would like to take a ride.. Chow"

*brainless dany fans cheer as the "powerful queen" begins her journey*

^This is a funny way to convey what Dany fans demand these days.

I would be ok if they hated the choreography or stunts or the plot holes in the ep or any fuckin thing. And yet they say "Wtf? Dany had to be saved?

What a useless argument, considering that most of us have a problem with the Harpy attack anyway LOL.

What a useless argument, considering that most of us have a problem with the Harpy attack anyway LOL.

Well, the Harpy attack is what sets up the fact she needed to be rescued.

Personally, I have no problems with the Damsel in Distress" trope. Sarah Connor started as this and she developed marvellous. But that's not Dany's plot (despite Emilia is Sarah now, lol). Dany saves herself from her decisions and from settle down as something she is not. She embraced her identity. It was not about "evil guys trying to kill her". Is that hard to portray that kind of symbolism? Looks like.

Well, the Harpy attack is what sets up the fact she needed to be rescued.

Personally, I have no problems with the Damsel in Distress" trope. Sarah Connor started as this and she developed marvellous. But that's not Dany's plot (despite Emilia is Sarah now, lol). Dany saves herself from her decisions and from settle down as something she is not. She embraced her identity. It was not about "evil guys trying to kill her". Is that hard to portray that kind of symbolism? Looks like.

That's exactly what I mean... The Dany fans who have a problem with Dany being rescued would just not have included the SotH attacking.

I haven't been rating but I'd give it a 4. It might be 6/7 but I think at least two points needs to be deducted for every episode we're in Dorne.

I liked the sacrifice of Shireen. Yeah, this isn't exactly book Stannis but I feel it is in someway in keeping with the character. I can't really explain further. GrrM will paint Stannis's fall with more depth and nuance, but there is only so much you can do on the tv.

The pit scene was excellent in many respects, although it was mainly just action and cool cgi. There wasn't much in the way of emotional resonance there, which was a shame.

The wall was a bit shit and Dorne was Dorne.

I gave it a 2/10.

The season has been poor, but I was expecting them to have saved a lot of good stuff for the last 3 episodes. The fact that this episode has also turned out to be poor is very disappointing.

I was always in favour of the show's violence in the past, as it seemed like a realistic depiction of the horrors of medieval times. Now that the show is poorly written, the violence just seems like a crude way of attracting viewers.

Dany's scene was like a scene from B-movie.

Anyway please do not FUCKING compare GoT to other shows that are not even the same genre! If you want to praise Mad men please go to your Mad Men forum.

Same with Breaking bad fans etc..

EDIT: Compare it with any other fantasy series, The ASoIAF books and the past seasons.

That's not entirely fair, though, is it? It is billed as a Drama. It is advertised among other dramas. When nominations for awards come around it is in the Drama category alongside such shows as Mad Men et al. Don't misunderstand me - I'll always have a soft spot for GoT, big daft mess that it is, but people are bound to compare drama to drama - even more so if the show categorises itself as such.

Edited by Drogon's Personal Trainer

From a purely "this is what the show is and what I've come to expect from it"-perspective, I'll give it a generous 7 because I'm in a good mood today (I surely wasn't yesterday after having watched this episode). It would be a 3/4 if I start to think too much about how much from the books is totally butchered.

It was a decent GoT episode. But my god, it may also be the episode that finally made me decide to not watch the next season before TWoW. Definitely the most disappointing and head-scratchingly logicless episode 9 so far.

I've decided to log in again just to say how amazing this episode was: Daznak's Pit was as impressive as could be hoped for on a TV show, with Drogon looking absolutely spectacular. Some solid moments before that as well. Lol at Daario. Unusually good performance from Dany as well - you could see how very hard that clap was for her, and the pure anguish when she realised that she could not save Jorah without losing her face completely. I was hoping for Drogon to sweep in to rescue him, but oh well, it worked pretty well anyway. The look on Tyrion's face when she flies away was pure gold. Hizdahr's death was sufficiently shocking as I expected him to stick around a bit longer, but I guess that at least means no more unexpected deaths since that's no3 and Trant's going to be no 4.

I've been warming up to Stannis lately, but he's never been a good guy and it's good to see a confirmation of that. All scenes of camp Dragonstone stole the show. Loved Shireen and Stannis - and from the look on his face, this is going to be a breaking point for him. And of course, he's about to find out that he isn't really the hero. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Reenaction of Mercy was pretty true to form, and the amalgamation of Raff and Trant works pretty well here. It's certainly clear what her plan is going to be next week. I loved how ambigous they left Jaquen's reaction as well. Does he know she slipped up? Did he intend her to slip up and didn't care whose death would be given to the Many Faced God?

Dorne was no reelation, as usual, but it was nice to see Doran finding his balls at last. I wonder if Trystane will go Quentyn in KL. But it was nice to lighten the mood and get some comic relief to lighten the tense atmosphere of the rest of the episode.

ETA: Also great parallels between Stannis deciding to burn his own daughter and Dany/Jon, who go out of their way to prevent death of innocents. For people complaining about lack of themes.

Edited by Maid So Fair

That's not entirely fair, though, is it? It is billed as a Drama. It is advertised among other dramas. When nominations for awards come around it is in the Drama category alongside such shows as Mad Men et al. Don't misunderstand me - I'll always have a soft spot for GoT, big daft mess that it is, but people are bound to compare drama to drama - even more so if the show categorises itself as such.

I always find it odd how some people think that you cannot compare different genres (genre as in fantasy, sci-fi, cyberpunk, western etc.). As GRRM himself wrote in one of his shortstory collections (paraphrased and butchered beyond recognition. I don't have the book at hand right now): "Genres don't matter. Genres are no more than furniture and painting in a house. It's still a house. Every genre, every story has the human element, and that is what matters". One book I recently read, The Heroes by Joe Abercrombie, is a story about war in a fantasy world. It does have magic to a very minimalistic degree, it does have fantasy realms and fantasy names. Yet the focus of the book is on the characters, on the humans, their struggles through this pointless fight where men die for naught. The same story could have, with a few alterations, been told in an entirely different setting. Yet should it not be compared to other books that deal with war because it's fantasy? No? Ok, fine.

Edited by The Lord of Cinder

That's exactly what I mean... The Dany fans who have a problem with Dany being rescued would just not have included the SotH attacking.

It seems silly to claim she was rescued by Drogon - they share a mental connection. He is a part of her and she is a part of him. He came because she summoned him, consciously or subconsciously. She then pulled a spear out of his neck and when he challenged her, she stood her ground and then flew off. She rescued herself.

I mean, how many times has Jon been saved by Ghost? Is Arya's escape from Harrenhall somehow less impressive because she had Nymeria's help? Does Bran's journey not count because he has constantly being helped by Summer? It's the same thing.