Can we stop giving Robb problems for not backing Stannis? After 5x09?

**** Stannis and his throne. Ned died for Stannis? Good for Robb for wanting to divorce himself and the North from the united kingdoms of Westeros

"Renly Baratheon is nothing to me, nor Stannis neither.... It was the Dragons we married, and now the dragons are all dead."

Don't screw this up Jon or Dany, or (f?)Aegon

May I be the first to say...huh?

Clearly we can't say any seemingly post-ADWD events in the show's 5th season can give us a look in to the TWOW. But some of that stuff could show us what may happen in TWOW. I think Stannis is a maniac and I'm glad Robb didn't back him and I no longer feel Robb was wrong to support the North seceding over supporting Stannis

For such an important character (Ned died for his claim), I can't imagine the show is going to turn him into a monster if the books aren't going to do that to Stannis

"When George first told us about this, it was one of those times that I remember looking at Dan, and going, god, that's so horrible, and it's so good, because it all comes together in a story sense. From the very first time we meet Stannis and Melisandre, they are sacrificing and talking about king's blood, and the power it contains, and it all leads to this, to the sacrificing of Shireen." - David Benioff

"When George first told us about this, it was one of those times that I remember looking at Dan, and going, god, that's so horrible, and it's so good, because it all comes together in a story sense. From the very first time we meet Stannis and Melisandre, they are sacrificing and talking about king's blood, and the power it contains, and it all leads to this, to the sacrificing of Shireen." - David Benioff

And there it is

Anyone else feel differently about the North not supporting Stannis after this TWOW preview?

Time will tell. Bump this thread when Winds releases next year.

sure I'm quite confident in saying Stannis won't ride back to the wall (which given that in the books people don't get personal teleporters like in the show is a long ass journey through bitter winter) just to kill his daughter, especially after telling his knight that if he returns from Bravos with sellswords he should support her to be queen is he was to die

doesn't mean she won't be burned by someone else that's at the wall, but Stannis doing it is just D&D fanfiction because they hate the character

And there it is

Anyone else feel differently about the North not supporting Stannis after this TWOW preview?

That doesn't mean it's going to play out in the books the same way as in the show.

In the books Stannis doesn't even need to do this to take Winterfell. He has the mountain clans, Umbers, Karstarks in chains, and the advantage that the other northern houses will betray the Boltons. Also, his daughter isn't even with him and he probably won't ever see her again. She was left behind at the Wall.

It's funny that people are trying to say that it doesn't have to happen in the TWOW because of the pretentious book > show attitude. Get off your high horse. The show creators literally said GRRM told them about this scene.

It's funny that people are trying to say that it doesn't have to happen in the TWOW because of the pretentious book > show attitude. Get off your high horse. The show creators literally said GRRM told them about this scene.

Stannis going to borrow Littlefingers teleporter to get to Castle Black? They're not near each other in the books.

Why is it so hard for you show people to discuss your opinions in the show forum?

Us "pretentious" book readers don't take over the show forum with book material.

It's pretentious to think that things that happen in the show won't necessarily happen in TWOW despite the show being primarily original content now?

Okay then.

And if GRRM did tell them about a specific scene maybe people that don't really follow the show or show related interviews don't know about that (we are in the book subforum after all), if anyone's pretentious here it's you.

Once Stannis makes a decision, he never changes his mind.

Yet he clearly changes his mind in the show. D&D are such hacks.

Archived