Does Stannis still have your respect?

Jeez, the argument of "Stannis had no choice! they could have died!" is getting old.

Whose fault was that? Who is responsible for letting 20 men get inside the camp and destroy their chances?

That's right. Stannis.

And in a way, the freaking witch that can see the future but is unable to see that 20 men are ninjaing all over the place should also be responsible. She's like the worst alarm ever.

So, Shireen ends up dying for Stannis and his men fucking up. Wouldn't make more sense kill them instead?

Man: My Lord Stannis! Somehow we let Ramsay's men get inside and they burned our food and horses and Chicago Fire dvds!!

Satannis: How we solve this?

Mel: What if we kill Shireen so the weather will be better and food falls from the sky??

Satannis: Yeah, that will work. Idiot man who is totally responsible for this but I won't blame at all for it, you can leave.

*Shireen burns*

Man: should we go and get more food now?

Mel: No. R'hllor willl provide. Look! There is Davos returning! Hail, R'hllor!

All: Hail!

Yeah, logic!

Jeez, the argument of "Stannis had no choice! they could have died!" is getting old.

Whose fault was that? Who is responsible for letting 20 men get inside the camp and destroy their chances?

That's right. Stannis.

And in a way, the freaking witch that can see the future but is unable to see that 20 men are ninjaing all over the place should also be responsible. She's like the worst alarm ever.

So, Shireen ends up dying for Stannis and his men fucking up. Wouldn't make more sense kill them instead?

Man: My Lord Stannis! Somehow we let Ramsay's men get inside and they burned our food and horses and Chicago Fire dvds!!

Mel: What if we kill Shireen so the weather will be better and food falls from the sky??

Satannis: Yeah, that will work. Idiot man who is totally responsible for this but I won't blame at all for it, you can leave.

*Shireen burns*

Yeah, logic!

Shireen's death wasn't a punishment, it was a sacrifice. We'll know the result of that sacrifice next episode. And Stannis does blame the guards. That's why he ordered their hanging.

Stannis "I Ate My Shoes Before Surrendering" Baratheon, or Stannis "Twenty Good Men, My Line Must End" Baratheon? Because I Still respect Stannis "I'll Have No Burnings, Pray Harder" Baratheon. Stannis "2 Feet of Snow, Shireen Must Go" Baratheon though has taken a huge hit. I blame the writers though, it's impossible to completely hate show Stannis because of Stephen Dillane's excellent delivery.

That's right. Stannis.

*Shireen burns*

Yeah, logic!

Yeap.... bad logic by GRRM....

I remain loyal. He didn't have a choice, really. Shireen would have died of starvation if not, along with his entire army.

Or he could have just retreated back to the Wall but his pride won out.

There is no justification for what he did, no matter how dire the circumstances, especially when he manage to survive a siege before. Disgusting. It is one thing killing your own child but another burning them alive while you watch (and their mother) and even the soldiers watch. It disturbs me that people are trying to justify this. It was not only evil but it was political suicide. That is a stain that can never be removed and who is his heir now? What a stupid King show Stannis is.

However, luckily I differentiate between Stannis on the show and Stannis in the books. Stannis is still the mannis for me in the books (I highly doubt he will burn Shireen) but I would never root for a King like Show Stannis. There is no turning back from burning your own daughter alive. I hope they kill him already because his character is either being butchered (most likely) or will turn out unworthy in the books which is just a horrible thought.

The worst part is that burning Shireen was not even about 'the greater good' against the Others, it was about winning a battle.

Yeap.... bad logic by GRRM....

What does GRRM have to do with it? Book Stannis is stuck at a frozen lake, where he hasn't burned anyone, not even Asha with the king's blood and his wife and daughter were sanely left at the Wall.

Your Grace

I don't get how he could successfully lead an army after that. What man would follow someone who lines up the army and makes them drag his daughter up to a stake to be burned alive screaming?

Heck, most of these guys are sellswords. If that's not a "DESERT AND GET OUT OF THIS MADHOUSE" flashing sign, I don't know what is.

Show Stannis was completely ready and willing to burn Gendry alive. Book Stannis - even if he's never going to order the death of Shireen - was completely ready and willing to burn Edric Storm - a little child - alive. And they both were willing to burn alive many others simply for believing in the wrong gods.

They both still have my respect, because they're both respectable characters. But I never really liked either of them. I mean, I like them in the same way that I like Tywin, or Gregor, two of the most evil characters in the series. But I never considered Stannis or his cause just or his actions justified in any way. Not the book or show version. Given what they have already shown us, this event in the show wasn't too surprising.

Archived