[Spoilers] Hizdahr

I think the SOH nobles went along with Hizdar and his plan so they could get Dany in the arena and hatch their plot to kill her.

In your version of things, why did the SotH kill Hizdahr and a lot of other nobles?

What makes you say that? From what I saw, the people being stabbed were wearing clothing typical of nobles, whereas those wearing clothing typical of former slaves were passed by.

Yes, the freedmen were sitting in the rear of the stadium and the nobles had seats near the front. As far as your other question goes I assume that besides Dany, they were targeting nobles like Hizadar that supported an accommadation with Dany as well, get rid of all their enemies at once just like the Red Wedding.

We women aren't hypocrites. We have... "variability of opinions".

Just to be clear JonCon, I actually agree with the view you were espousing. I just didn't think that was how that particular scene was portrayed. I'm happy to concede that I was wrong though; the show is no longer particularly good in how scenes are meant to come across. For example, I definitely thought that Arya hiding Needle came across as Needle being a symbol of her familial ties, but the writers wanted us to see Needle as an instrument of revenge.

Just to be clear JonCon, I actually agree with the view you were espousing. I just didn't think that was how that particular scene was portrayed. I'm happy to concede that I was wrong though; the show is no longer particularly good in how scenes are meant to come across. For example, I definitely thought that Arya hiding Needle came across as Needle being a symbol of her familial ties, but the writers wanted us to see Needle as an instrument of revenge.

Yet they played the Stark theme all during that scene.

Yet they played the Stark theme all during that scene.

I think it was during the 'Inside the Episode' that one of them (I think Benioff) said that Arya 'sees herself as an instrument of revenge, and Needle is how she will achieve it' or some such.

I think it was during the 'Inside the Episode' that one of them (I think Benioff) said that Arya 'sees herself as an instrument of revenge, and Needle is how she will achieve it' or some such.

Oh I know that my point was what they said and what they showed were two completely different things.

Oh I know that my point was what they said and what they showed were two completely different things.

Oh yeah, I completely got from the scene that it was Arya struggling to abandon her familial ties. I just assumed, from their comment on Needle, that we were meant to take it was Arya being unwilling to abandon her revenge.

• 2 weeks later...

In the show their isn't. Its just a group of super trained unsullied Barristian killing machines that shuffle about on the spot when they finally have the opportunity to kill Dany.

Well she was also surrounded by Unsullied linked together in a chain with their shields and spears up. This is where the Unsullied are most effective, as a defensive fighting force. In an ancient battle only a couple of thousand of Unsullied killed 10s of thousands of Dothraki while holding the line and defending a city. Plus Jorah and Daario were lurking.

A lot of people complained about the Unsullied being punks and the SOTH being too skilled in combat, but in this instance I don't see it here at all.

Archived