Jorah touching people while he has Greyscale?

I'm gonna chalk that up to D&D's lack of continuity/assumption that their viewers are easily distracted morons who won't notice that sort of thing. Jorah's grescale spread really fast when he first got it, covering a big patch of his arm almost immediately after contracting it, now it has slowed down and he keeps touching everybody and nothing happens. He's touched Tyrion and the slavers multiple times and they don't have it.

Well, maybe the disease isnt contagious in an early state. I think if it was that contagious he could not touch noone.

Remember that Shireen was treated from greyscale when she was a child. Maesters must have touched her to do so.

I noticed the touch of Dany, she seems to grab him right on the forearm where the grey scale is located as he lowers her into the pit. Will this replace her bloody flux she seems to have while walking in the Dothraki sea?

From the show wikia:

Greyscale is extremely infectious, spread through touch contact with an infected person, or even spread on unsterilized objects that have been touched by the infected. A single touch from an infected person is enough to spread the disease to another person.[7]

:bs: :dunno:

Well, maybe the disease isnt contagious in an early state. I think if it was that contagious he could not touch noone.

Remember that Shireen was treated from greyscale when she was a child. Maesters must have touched her to do so.

And even in the story about Shireen, Stannis was told to send her off before greyscale would start spreading. That leaves a strong possibility that it could be OK to touch before a certain time. I think that it isn't too hard to imagine that it is only fully contagious when it is in a later state.

As for people who mentioned Shireen getting it from a doll, it could be a lot like Ebola in that a person isn't contagious until later stages but at that time (later stages) even their bodily fluids could be highly contagious.

Seriously, at this point I don't think we can judge whether his touching Dany matters or not, because obviously the show gets

these kind of details increasingly confused. If you look for accuracy, you got to look somewhere else than with D&D

Seriously, at this point I don't think we can judge whether his touching Dany matters or not, because obviously the show gets

these kind of details increasingly confused. If you look for accuracy, you got to look somewhere else than with D&D

This. Don't overthink stuff like that in the show. This is the same show that accidentally told Gendry to row in circles around an island. Continuity is not their strong suit.

Tyrion should have it too if a mere touch spreads it. Jorah touched him a number of times as well. I guess maybe we can retcon this as it not being infectious until a certain point maybe... but Jorah doesn't know that. You'd like he'd be taking more care either way.

Jorah does not have Greyscale, he clearly has a sever case of eczema. Might just be extreme dry skin cause by an infection from those dirty ass wrist bands. Could probably use an anti fungal lotion, or maybe just some Lubriderm advanced therapy.

There must be an incubation period, otherwise I doubt the producers would screw up so many times in one episode. It may also be that the infection itself has to come in contact with another person's skin. It is on Jorah's wrist and spreading to his forearm, while he was touching everyone with his palm.

I noticed the touch of Dany, she seems to grab him right on the forearm where the grey scale is located as he lowers her into the pit. Will this replace her bloody flux miscarriage she seems to have while walking in the Dothraki sea?

I've edited the question. Based on that, the answer is no. ;)

There must be an incubation period, otherwise I doubt the producers would screw up so many times in one episode.

Uhh. These are the guys who had to re-shoot the pilot because they forgot to tell the audience that Jaime and Cersei were brother and sister.

In any event, it makes absolutely no sense that Jorah would risk touching Daenerys and incurring even the remotest possibility that he could pass along a grim death sentence to the woman he's going through such pains to help. It's a major, major plot hole.

I think you actually have to touch the greyscale covered skin to get infected. The stonemen who attacked Jorah and Tyrion were pretty much covered in greyscale from head to toe and so if you touch them - you get infected. So far Jorah's infection didn't spread beyond his forearm that he keeps covered with that forearm armor piece, so his hand itself is disease free, at this time at least, and Dany and others didn't get infected because nobody actually touched bare skin to bare skin that greyscale patch. That's why Maesters who treated Shireen ('sob') didn't get infected - they didn't touch her cheek with their bare hands.

Want to bet that next season, unless Jorah conveniently get killed, his greyscale becomes visible and people will get infected.

Ugh. Look. The question is not whether Daenerys has greyscale or not. The question is why on earth Jorah would ever, even for a moment, think it was a good idea to hold hands with the woman he loves, unecessarily risking even the remotest possibility that he has just given her a death sentence.

In what universe does Jorah McGreyscale casually hold hands with his beloved Daenerys?

Answer: The universe of terrible writing.

I am of a mind that Greyscale spreads much like poison ivy, you have to touch the contagious spot in order to become infected.

I am however starting to wonder if certain bloodlines have an immunity to greyscale, such as inherited anti-bodies, or perhaps a magical resistance.

Shireen would be the prime example, I think. I wonder if, rather than her survival being the work of maesters, it could have been one of her bloodlines. She is Targ and Baratheon, I'm thinking one of them may have some resistance, particularly Targ.

Given Tyrion's status, I'd also wonder if Lannister had any resistance, or if he is indeed a Targ as some people wonder.

I think you actually have to touch the greyscale covered skin to get infected. The stonemen who attacked Jorah and Tyrion were pretty much covered in greyscale from head to toe and so if you touch them - you get infected. So far Jorah's infection didn't spread beyond his forearm that he keeps covered with that forearm armor piece, so his hand itself is disease free, at this time at least, and Dany and others didn't get infected because nobody actually touched bare skin to bare skin that greyscale patch. That's why Maesters who treated Shireen ('sob') didn't get infected - they didn't touch her cheek with their bare hands.

Want to bet that next season, unless Jorah conveniently get killed, his greyscale becomes visible and people will get infected.

How they twist everything in the show is yet to be seen...

But, in the books the river itself can cause greyscale. The show changed the timeline and the location of this river. In the books it was located a long distance north in the ruined festival city of Chroyane. The ancient Rhoynish city was flooded with a curse by it's own prince to destroy the Valyrian/Volantene invaders. But, the spirits of the lords of fire still remain under the water and their cold breath rises to become a fog. Many travelers become lost in the thick fog, eventually succumbing to madness, hunger, greyscale, or stone men.

So basically, Jorah got greyscale from the water and it's a suspicious mystery why Tyrion didn't get it too.

As far as Jorah dying or infecting others... To me his reunion with Daenerys is confirmation/TWOW spoiler, that he will end up there in the books as well. So, I don't think he's gonna be "conveniently killed" anytime real soon.

And so far it has not been built up in the show, but in the books there's a certain maester who feels compelled to seek Daenerys out to help and advise her. We shall see what happens in the show, but I'm glad to Jorah back in Meereen to stay.

Given Tyrion's status, I'd also wonder if Lannister had any resistance, or if he is indeed a Targ as some people wonder.

Both in the books and the show it his hinted that a Targaryen might be immune to greyscale. Which is a big hint of Tyrion's true identity. IMHO

Archived