Where do we go from Here? With tears...

:agree: Where was the mercy, the Red Witch could have done that easily.

Agreed, ugh. At least Gendry got some nice foreplay before his blood was taken from him. :stillsick:

To add onto that, whatever happened to Mel's lead the lamb to slaughter but make sure it doesn't know the knife is coming speech? That sure as hell did not happen with Shireen.

Some said it would never happen, some said he'd kill Melisandre first, but it did seem to be foreshadowed a long, long time ago. Why else would Shireen and her mom have accompanied her father? What exactly do you think will happen next in the epic saga of Stannis Baratheon? Is it going to be worth it?

What happens to Davos now?

You could sense doom in the arena in Mereen, couldn't you? Is Daenerys right back on track, off to the grasslands, to wander starving and hallucinating until she meets up with the Dothraki? And does Tyrion take over Barristan's role, with Daario and Mormont as his sidekicks? Were you surprised by the attack by the Sons of the Harpy, was this a well-done short-cut by the tv show?

Is there going to be a showdown at the Wall? Jon Snow was definitely nervous there. And just how the bloody hell did they end up approaching from the wrong side of the Wall? Will we end up at the end of ADWD?

Do we see Sam depart for Oldtown next week, maybe with Davos on the first leg?

Do you think Arya is going to be tomorrow's young, tasty bit of flesh? Did Jaqen believe her? Will he play a part?

Now, at the penultimate episode, are things much clearer, and, better still, much cleaner?

Exactly what was that conversation between Elia and Jaime all about? Trystane taking the small council seat, returning with Myrcella? What could possibly go wrong?

in the show you mean because Shireen and her mom don't accompany Stannis to the Wall.

To add onto that, whatever happened to Mel's lead the lamb to slaughter but make sure it doesn't know the knife is coming speech? That sure as hell did not happen with Shireen.

Yup, they sorta, kinda, forgot that line.

Yup, they sorta, kinda, forgot that line.

But all is well because the maximum shock value was obtained. It worked fine to flesh out Mel's character back then but creatively just doesn't make sense now, because D&D don't want that to happen. :rolleyes:

From the promo of the next episode, it seems that Stannis is marching in power again. The battle of Winterfell is probably coming. And Brienne is at Winterfell, and vengeful. They didn't implant that scene with her talking about Renly and why she loved him for nothing.

From the promo of the next episode, it seems that Stannis is marching in power again. The battle of Winterfell is probably coming. And Brienne is at Winterfell, and vengeful. They didn't implant that scene with her talking about Renly and why she loved him for nothing.

I think you got to fix your tag, your Aegon the 7th?

Brienne will either choose between Stannis or Sansa, her vow to herself or her vow to Lady Catlyn, and Sansa that she gave to her at the inn.

:agree: Where was the mercy, the Red Witch could have done that easily.

The Red Witch is a merciless bitch, probably possessed by some ancient demon thing from Asshai - the only reason she acts nice to people is to soften the meat - remember her lamb speech?

The Red Witch is a merciless bitch, probably possessed by some ancient demon thing from Asshai - the only reason she acts nice to people is to soften the meat - remember her lamb speech?

I guess shireen was soften to her, I hope she burns, or Jon puts LC through her belly.

I guess shireen was soften to her, I hope she burns, or Jon puts LC through her belly.

The other thing was that Shireen didn't believe in R'hllor, so death by fire, as per Mance and other non-believers, was the appropriate one.

I hope people realize what R'hllor is about now - and reassess the scene where Tyrion sees the Red priestess in Essos. Her look was mocking the idea of Tyrion thinking Dany is a savior, Azor Ahai is most likely a destroyer.

Stannis was never more than a, "well, if there's nothing better he might do" type of character to me. Not the worst character, not the best, and definitely in thrall to the acolyte of a strange god, therefore not to be fully trusted on that account alone. He's also been burning people alive the whole time - and suddenly we're bothered by this now because it's his own daughter?

It's all uncharted waters from here on in (although, oddly, there are still some book remnants of Bran's story to work through, which we'll presumably see next season).

From where the books left off I would have said Dany's path lay further East (i.e. Asshai/Quaithe) before finally turning West, but now because of the show's necessity to keep the most popular character (Tyrion) in action, things will probably move quite quickly. I can definitely see it finishing in two seasons now. Maybe even one actually (I think they really have to get moving because of actor age).

Next week we'll get to see the battle for Winterfell, the first major incident in the show that hasn't been in the books yet. It's completely unpredictable and in my opinion there are going to be a lot of deaths. Stannis, Mel, Selyse, Ramsay, Roose, Brienne, Pod - I reckon at least two of them will die.

Next week we'll get to see the battle for Winterfell, the first major incident in the show that hasn't been in the books yet. It's completely unpredictable and in my opinion there are going to be a lot of deaths. Stannis, Mel, Selyse, Ramsay, Roose, Brienne, Pod - I reckon at least two of them will die.

Throw in Theon and Sansa there.

Well now we are definitely into Winds of Winter terrority so literally anything could happen and to be honest I am oddly excited to find out! I just hope Jon is not dead for good, I feel it's very unlikely but if it did happen I'd have only Tyrion as a character I really want to succeed.

God, even though we did not see much and it was much shorter, Shireen's end was as difficult to watch as Red Wedding :/

If the Night's King position opens up at some point, Stannis might even apply for it now. Right now in the North there are three fucked up parties: The others, the Boltons and Stannis.

Think I still hope Stannis outlasts the other two, if only for him not wanting to kill Jon Snow.

I am kinda surprised about Hizdahr. I feel the show should have somebody at least partially understanding why the Harpies are acting the way they do. And besides Hizdahr the show has not introduced any guy who could fulfill this role. Liked Drogon, nice job he did. But then, what the hell is wrong with the unsullied? In the books they are a force to be reckoned with, here they get repeatedly thrashed.

Grail King, on 08 Jun 2015 - 09:09 AM, said:

I think you got to fix your tag, your Aegon the 7th?

Brienne will either choose between Stannis or Sansa, her vow to herself or her vow to Lady Catlyn, and Sansa that she gave to her at the inn.

It's the sixth, but I mixed up the number of Aegons before him... I'll just change the entire thing because I'm bored lol

I think she might just end up doing both. Killing Stannis AND saving Sansa and taking her north, to the wall.

Archived