Farewell Kerry Ingram

It has to be said that - whatever your view of Stannis/Mel's characterisation - Kerry Ingram did an amazing job, not just during the sacrifice scene (where Tara Fitzgerald as Selyse and Dillane as Stannis also did great) but with the Davos scene too.

Perhaps the best (if underrated) child actor on the show, Kerry's going to be missed!

lol @ that one comment

" I was told you would die, or worse, the Greyscale would go slow and you'd grow just enough to know the world before taking it away from you. Everyone advised me to send you to the ruins of Valyria to live out your short life with the stone men before the sickness spread through the castle. I told them all to go to hell. I called in every maester on this side of the world. Every healer, every apothecary. They stopped the disease and saved your life. Because you did not belong across the world with the bloody stonemen. You were the Princess Shireen of House Baratheon. And you are my daughter." ..........annnnnnnnnnnnnd im weeping.

And then he burns her alive

I am very glad now that I've known it was going to happen since I saw the season trailer featuring Selyse looking at something in anguish. It could not have been anyone other than Shireen. That conjecture was reinforced when Stannis said that his family was going with him to Winterfell. There aren't any Kings I've heard of that have done this. Its not exactly a picnic.

I was still hoping Liam Cunningham would jump out of somewhere and run off with her.

Archived