Farewell Kerry Ingram

I think Shireen (barring her final fate) was one of those rare occasions when the show outdid the books. I cared much more about Showreen than Book!Shireen. And that was in no small part of Kerry Ingram. She was perfect as a sweet, plucky, intelligent young girl. Her scenes with Davos were always precious. She'll be missed.

This is why I can see book Stannis killing her in TWOW (even if it may be under different, less inconsistent circumstances). Shireen is no where near characterised as well as she is in the show, and the father-daughter bond is almost totally absent in the book.

This is why I can see book Stannis killing her in TWOW (even if it may be under different, less inconsistent circumstances). Shireen is no where near characterised as well as she is in the show, and the father-daughter bond is almost totally absent in the book.

I still can't see it. Their bond isn't made as explicit because neither characters are POVs. But it's still there. "I have a duty to my daughter." "You will avenge me and seat my daughter on the iron throne." Stannis isn't burning his daughter because of some bad weather. Given that they are hundreds of miles apart it is far more likely that Mel burns Shireen on her own.

I liked Shireen even in the books before the TV show, and she was one of the actors (like Conleth Hill as Varys) that just *embodied* the role and made it better than I had even pictured it.

Other Shireen fans: remember how weird everyone thought we were back in Season 3's "Kissed by Fire" when we cheered at Shireen's introduction?

And now she's gone.

So it goes.

She was excellent.

It was one of the best decisions they made to enhance the role of Shireen and better develop her friendship with Davos.

The least they could have done was make it the absolute last possible resort. Kerry Ingram and her character deserved better.

I liked Shireen even in the books before the TV show, and she was one of the actors (like Conleth Hill as Varys) that just *embodied* the role and made it better than I had even pictured it.

Other Shireen fans: remember how weird everyone thought we were back in Season 3's "Kissed by Fire" when we cheered at Shireen's introduction?

And now she's gone.

So it goes.

I say fuck it.

*waves his "Shireen for Queen" flag*

As nonsensical as much of the plot has become, there's not reason it still can't happen.

Shireen had me from her first appearance. She was such a light in that dark house and I loved her relationship with Davos. She was one of the 3 true readers of the story. Her, Tyrion and Sam, and she had such a passion for the dragon stories, so I instantly connected with her. Because she was so genuine and smart and confident, despite all her misfortune, she temporarily humanized Stannis and inspired Gilly and Davos to read.

So yeah, they had to kill her right? :crying: (Unless someone did a switch or something or the whole episode was a bad dream...no?)

Great acting.

What are you talking about? Shireen is still alive. She will be queen soon, with Davos as her Hand. AND DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU DIFFERENT. *sobs*

-----

Say what you want about characterization, but team Dragonstone had consistently some of the best performances on the show, and Kerry Ingram was instrumental to that. Her interactions with Liam Cunningham and Stephen Dillane are among my favorite scenes.

She was the single most adorable being in that dark, dark world. Smart, cute, gentle and, like some of us, a snob book reader. That was some great acting, among much older and more experienced actors. We will miss her in this show.

I hoped and hoped and really thought Shireen's greyscale immunity would play a role and that all the theories she'd be burned was just hogwash :( I'm so sad now, I don't know where to turn.

Me too. Now I hope that there is more about greyscale in her book storyline. No doubt Kerry would have done a great job to deliver it.

Kerry Ingram did a terrific job in her final scenes and in the show in general. She made Shireen a really interesting character. I too wish her the best on her health and her career, and am very sorry to see her leave the show. If things had been different, she might have been a queen in Westeros someday.

Thank you, Kerry, and hope to see you in other performances in the coming years.

Kerry is a lovely actress...her Shireen was just beautiful. Geez, I'm tearing up just thinking about her little stag.

My husband and I had to stop the episode for awhile. He's Greek and we talked about Agamemnon. (Btw, if you've never seen the tv movie Helen of Troy from the early 2000s, the best scene is Ag getting knifed in the tub by his missus...I can only hope Selyse is thinking along these lines).

Yeah, Drogon and Dany flying didn't affect me as it should have, except to think, hey maybe she'll create a Westeros where no one will ever be burned to dea- oh, shoot. Never mind...

kerry was amazing, the wife and i would love to have a daughter like her.

tv stannis went from dad of the year to complete twat.

Kerry. if you somehow you read this i hope you get great roles throughout your career as your a great talent.

• 2 weeks later...

Kerry was so fantastic! She's such an adorable little ball of sunshine, and she really made me care about Shireen in a way that I never did when I read the books. I'm angry and sad to see her go so soon, she brought a lot of heart and hope to team Dragonstone. Of course, with team Dragonstone kinda dead now I guess it doesn't matter.

Archived