Farewell Kerry Ingram

She was truly incredible in the sacrifice scene. The moment when her faces changes once she realizes what is happening is amazing acting. She swings from the always positive Shireen to a terrified child in moments. The actress made me believe that her character had no idea this was coming. Great job to a wonderful little actress and she is really going to be missed!

I felt the same way. I think they should have swapped the Dany and Shireen scenes. Closing credits with that poor girl crying out would have haunted my week.

Oh god no. They needed the uplift of the Dragon Riding to save us from the harrowing scene we just watched.

It has to be said that - whatever your view of Stannis/Mel's characterisation - Kerry Ingram did an amazing job, not just during the sacrifice scene (where Tara Fitzgerald as Selyse and Dillane as Stannis also did great) but with the Davos scene too.

Perhaps the best (if underrated) child actor on the show, Kerry's going to be missed!

Excellent acting in the entire scene. And I cried both times I watched. Poor baby.

@mafro987daboss: I just needed to say that I was glaring at your avatar while reading your OP. So very :angry2:

Really :angry:

Whew! I feel better now.

Oh god no. They needed the uplift of the Dragon Riding to save us from the harrowing scene we just watched.

Everything afterwards felt flat.

They should have ended with that scene, which was as upsetting as the Red wedding if not more so.

The actress was great and made me care far more about Shireen than in the books.

In fact she was probably one of my favourite "minor" characters.

Kerry played a fantastic Shireen, particularly in her final scene. If I had set up a camera for this episode to catch my Unsullied's reaction to Daznak's Pit, you would have seen me sitting here, hunched over with my hands in front of my face and whispering "oh no", "oh god" and "not shireen" over and over.

Hats of to a very talented actress! I wish her all the best for her future.

She was indeed very good, understated in her performance, which made it all the harder to watch her become terrified. Now, if someone could only convince D&D that Olly is the son of the King of Potatoes. He's the French Fry that was Promised!

I think Shireen (barring her final fate) was one of those rare occasions when the show outdid the books. I cared much more about Showreen than Book!Shireen. And that was in no small part of Kerry Ingram. She was perfect as a sweet, plucky, intelligent young girl. Her scenes with Davos were always precious. She'll be missed.

Archived