What will be done with Davos now?

I don't see a new quest such as Rickon because he hasn't been mentioned on the show and would to non book-readers come from nowhere.

Er, Sansa's whole plot this season lead up to her learning that Rickon and Bran are still alive. It was a huge scene in just the previous episode.

Davos doesnt find out about Shireen at the wall. Jon gets a letter from Sansa, were she tells him about Bran and Rickon and agrees to help Stannis if Davos finds them (like Manderly in the books). Jon agreeing to help will be the nail in the coffin to give us the FTW.

I think this would be the best way to handle it but I doubt it hapens.

If Jon gets that letter about Bran and Rickon and discusses it with Sam (episode preview with Sam's voice "What are you going to do?") would that not be a good time for Sam to mention that he helped Bran past the wall and into the North? Surely Sam would bring it up if Jon started discussing a mission to find him.

And if he was told Bran is up north would not that create a huge issue considering Jon's just recent encounter?

Jon wouldn't send Davos north. No way. I know the show pulls things out their collective ass but this would be too hard to reconcille. So I wonder now if there will be a letter actually? Hmm.

We know Davos finds out about Shireene in the next episode, why do you not think that would be at the wall? Where else could he find out? Actually, I'm wondering who has the balls to tell him? God knows I wouldn't volunteer. Yikes!

Er, Sansa's whole plot this season lead up to her learning that Rickon and Bran are still alive. It was a huge scene in just the previous episode.

Yes, true, but it doesn't make sense to send Davos just going by the show but I will concede if there is something in the books that makes sense to insert at this point. Can't imagine it would be next episode.

I see two possibilities:

I.Davos convinces Jon to send supplies, also influences him to send Sam and Gilly south. NW is angry at losing their supplies. They rebel, and Jon is killed. Davos go back to Stannis' camp with supplies, and is very angry at everyone for burning Shireen. However Stannis' forces face serious repercussions during the siege, Brienne, Pod, Sansa and Theon and possibly Asha Greyjoy are involved. Sansa makes a deal with Davos that if he will go find Bran and Rickon Stark, then she will help Stannis take Winterfell by killing the Boltons by treachery. Or maybe Stannis is kept prisoner and Sansa offers to free him in return for her brother

II. Jon declines the request/command. Instead of sending supplies, he tells Davos where to find them. Jon urges Davos to get the support of the mountain clans, Umbers, etc. to aid Stannis's war against the Boltons, since many Northmen lost their people in Red Wedding. Davos's first stop is Umber's place. He finds Rickon there.No clue how for the watch is initiated in this scenario.

ETA: Maybe Sam tells Davos that Bran is alive?

Stavos is dead. Fuck you, D&D.

Even if Davos had an idea of what would happen, he probably felt like Stannis would never allow it ultimately. So pretty sure Davos is really gonna be rather done with Stannis after he learns about this. So what is he gonna do? I do think they kept Davos around the Wall and Jon so he could be absorbed into that fold. Looks like Jon is slowly getting his own kingsguard-like team.

Tormund = his Arthur Dayne

Sam = The Maester

Edd = The Loyalist

Davos = possibly The Hand

Davos going back to Castle Black, will likely join Team Jon after the mess that will transpire there and him learning about Shireen. Its also likely that the Pink Letter will show up, thus making Davos believe Stannis is dead anyway. Either way, Davos is Team Jon in the show eventually. I agree with the others who say Sansa will likely be the one to send him on a mission to find Rickon.

I think Davos knew, before he left, that Shireen was in trouble. He heard what Stannis asked of him. He offered to take Selyse and Shireen back to Castle Black. Then he offered a second time, to just take Shireen. Then he hesitated, as if to question Stannis further. If he did not consciously know, he certainly had uneasy suspicions. No matter what storyline they give to Davos, he will be broken. He has given so much to Stannis in terms of time, honor, trust, belief, and even of his own body. But he also loved Shireen very, very much. Because of his long history with Stannis, he probably will not be able to villify Stannis, because it would negate himself. But he certainly will blame Mel. His guilt will be immense and frankly, in my opinion, he should feel guilty.

I find it odd that folks often quote Martin as saying that Mel and Varys are the two most misunderstood GoT characters. To me, Mel is evil, egotistic, and psychopathic. If she is supposed to be something other than evil, than I am not getting it.

We know Davos finds out about Shireene in the next episode, why do you not think that would be at the wall? Where else could he find out? Actually, I'm wondering who has the balls to tell him? God knows I wouldn't volunteer. Yikes!

Probably he sees the charred stag-toy she made for her on the way back. That would tell him. She was carrying it with her to the pyre.

Davos will want revenge for Shireen but that seldom happens in ASOIAF, at least no directly. Stannis and Melisandre will get theirs at some point no doubt, but for the time being, I wouldn't be surprised to see Davos off on a quest to get him out of the way.

If Jon gets that letter about Bran and Rickon and discusses it with Sam (episode preview with Sam's voice "What are you going to do?") would that not be a good time for Sam to mention that he helped Bran past the wall and into the North? Surely Sam would bring it up if Jon started discussing a mission to find him.

And if he was told Bran is up north would not that create a huge issue considering Jon's just recent encounter?

Jon wouldn't send Davos north. No way. I know the show pulls things out their collective ass but this would be too hard to reconcille. So I wonder now if there will be a letter actually? Hmm.

He already did that last season, just before Bolton's man came to get him, for Thorne.

Jon knows Bran and Hodor and the Reeds are alive, and he may know about Rickon also, as he saw 2 Direwolves fight off wildlings.

If Davos does make it to Castle Black (as implied by the scroll on Jon's desk in the preview), and he finds out about Shireen (as Liam Cunningham has suggested will happen in ep10), I think he would still return. Davos is honorable, and not the type to cut and run. I'm not saying he would return on good terms, but I think he would go back to confront Stannis in person. Vengence against Stannis wouldn't be his style either, season 3 Mel incident notwithstanding.

Whether or not he makes it is another story. As much as I don't want Stannis to die yet, I think it would be fitting for Davos to return to find him flayed on the walls of Winterfell.

Can anyone explain how Davos would know about Shireen?

In book don't know unless Shireen dies just before he brings Rickon ( maybe Rickon has him killed ) and he maybe runs with Rickon and Osha in tow.

In show if he was still in camp I think he would hear Shireen's screams, or he will find out from CB?

Can anyone explain how Davos would know about Shireen?

That's a very good question. Liam Cunningham claims Davos will hear of Shireen's fate in ep10, and speculting on how he finds out could help untangle this whole northern knot. Honesty, I wouldn't rule out him arriving at the Wall and leaving in an early scene, then returning o Winterfell at the end.

Archived