Ser Jorah & Daenerys scene

On the other hand, showJorah says it passes through touch. So its potentially a problem, either for Dany, or consistency, depending on how or if they explain it.

We won't get any consistency since it is all the result of a short cut in the plot. In another thread we are complaining (rightly so) that Jon & Wildings are on the wrong side of the wall. This will be the same.

JonCon is considerate to wear gloves. Shireen gets it from infected object but she is cured and only has scars not the disease. Volantenes are to some extent the descendants of valyria so we can assume they are the ones that populate the sorrows so they are not immune.

If you want to hold on to something perhaps greyscale is like Leprosy in that while it is transferred by contact that it is not that easy to become infected. Although we observe that Leprosy has more affect on those living in sqaulor. Not unlike Leprosy, People don't know how exactly Greyscale is passed so no sense in taking stock in what the characters say. This is supposed to be because of the long incubation of the disease.....and then again it only took seconds for Jorah to get so WTF. no consistency

Have we been able to clarify if Greyscale is caught purely by contact with an infected person or contact with the infected area specifically?

Not really. The only information we have, in the context of the show, is from Jorah when he implies that somehow it can pass by contact. We don't have any real details, though.

Isn't it possible that you are desperately wanting D&D to be wrong again? I agree they've messed many things up.

But perhaps the outer surface of Shireen's toy came into direct contact with the greyscale of whomever crafted it, not merely the hands of someone who has the infection elsewhere on the body.

In this case, Jorah touching Dany all over would be safe because the only infectious parts would be the inside of his bracer and the greyscale spot itself, at least until it spreads further.

Absolutely, She touches Jorah with both hands multiple times, and they even zoom on the hand, just like Bronn and his infected poison cut.

Yes, they are on the surface showing Dany trusts Jorah again, but the subtext of the scene is that Jorah and Dany touch making us question the Greyscale. Remember, they said multiple times that its transferred through touch.

As for whether Targaryen can get it or not, the World of Ice and Fire proved that Targaryens can get Greyscale. To think, people want to listen to Viserys as proof that Targaryens don't get sick? Remember the Great spring Sickness killed a bunch of Targs.

Anyways, Dany will develop Greyscale, and will be the Stone Dragon. Quite possibly the same thing will happen in the books with Jon Connington spreading Greyscale in Westeros and us thinking Aegon will get it, George will give it to Dany in a twist.

Also, Dany bleeds a lot in her final chapter in her stool, suspecting she contracted the Pale mare, so maybe the show is just switching Pale Mare for Greyscale.

I wanted D&D to spend less money on CGI zombies so that Daenerys riding Drogon didn't look like terrible 1980s greenscreen.

A. The amount of CGI for the zombies was quite low. Watch the filming on youtube.

The zombies are actually green stuntmen with affixed bones on the suit.

The software automatically adds required background

Drogon is not background. It is 100% CGI.

I strongly believe RodeoFX sucks bigtime.

See the lengths to which Pixomondo and Spin went to make dragons realistic in Season 3 esp with the dragon on a leash. Rodeo just sucks with original works.

Remember Obara's spear throwing? :)

So yes Dany riding Drogon was comical 1980 vfx :D

I have NO IDEA why the fuck some people say the CGI in the pit was awesome. I think they had too much adrenaline in their system when Dany mounted to even notice!

This is my thinking, and it could be totally wrong.

But if greyscale can spread from any part of the body (regardless of where the active signs are), to any surface (like the toy), and then to anything that touches that surface, how did everyone in the world not die from it forever ago? That is one ridiculous infection rate.

I think it makes much more sense that only the infected (scaled) area transmits the disease. Giving time to wear gloves, wrap the part, whatever to try and prevent the spread before you go full stoneman. Why else even have it slowly spread across the body if the scales themselves are not the mechanism of transmission? It makes no sense.

goodness, all the negative book-purist know-it-alls came out of their wholes again. When was it ever said that every part of your body is contagious when u have it?

Jorah clearly touches her with the infected region.

They didn't have to say touching a doll had such an impact.

I just see it as a lack of intrest by D&D to have consistency in the show.

Note: I haven't even read the books

goodness, all the negative book-purist know-it-alls came out of their wholes again. When was it ever said that every part of your body is contagious when u have it?

You don't have to be a book-purist to find this sequence of events ridiculous.

Even if greyscale is unlikely to be transmitted by incidental contact, why would Jorah risk giving Daenerys a death sentence by holding her hand and possibly infecting her? It doesn't make any sense. Unless you're a show-purist, of course.

Considering the lack of details the show has provided, speculation on the matter is fair game. It may be that only the infected area is contagious. Likewise, it may be that any contact whatsoever can be contagious. We don't know for certain.

The one thing we can say is that we need some answers, because with so much contact between the two, there's clearly reason to suspect that Dany has been exposed.

Archived