Ser Jorah & Daenerys scene

I think the purpose of the lingering shot was to show Dany actively putting her trust in Jorah again after the roller coaster they've been on together, not to show that she would contract greyscale. I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it.

You are absolutely right, that was how I interpreted it too, but regardless, touching his hand also means she can get Greyscale.

Checked. Didn't even have to go back to a previous episode. The sad news is that Jorah touches Daenerys with BOTH hands, aka, it doesn't matter.

I do think D&D need to be more careful with greyscale. Unless it serves as the book's pale mare, Jorah doesn't need to be touching people with little to no consequence, regardless of which hand/arm is infected.

This is rather plausible. However, if they play this, that will make Jorah seem like either an irresponsible idiot, or the biggest dick of the whole show.

Ser Jorah extends his hand to Daenerys and she takes it, can we safely assume she has Greyscale?

I'm thinking no. She didn't touch the infected area and I think that's how greyscale passes. It's passed on all touching from stonemen because they are full blown covered in it. But, I really have no idea...just kinda scattershooting.

But what if he did it on purpose?

So she does get infected. She gets exiled with him. They are together, only have themselves, every one shuns them. They live together, they die together, as a grey statue, eternal. How romantic and poetic!

I'm guessing that the potential infectee has to touch the greyscale and that was on Jorah's left arm. (and covered by his vambrace) He offered her his right hand. Daario was the one who was helping her down into the pit. Supposedly Jorah was already down there protecting her back.

Later when they run for the gate, Jorah is holding his sword in his right hand and clutching Daenerys's arm with his left. Let's hope you have to touch the infected area to get infected, otherwise, HBO just created another deep pool of shit for themselves.

But what if he did it on purpose?

So she does get infected. She gets exiled with him. They are together, only have themselves, every one shuns them. They live together, they die together, as a grey statue, eternal. How romantic and poetic!

:lol:

Later when they run for the gate, Jorah is holding his sword in his right hand and clutching Daenerys's arm with his left. Let's hope you have to touch the infected area to get infected, otherwise, HBO just created another deep pool of shit for themselves.

Yeah thats what I mean by D&D needing to be careful. I know many things on the show aren't black or white, but greyscale needs to be in order to avoid confusion or unnecessary speculation.

You can get greyscale from objects handled by people who have had greyscale so it's pretty clear Daenerys doesn't have to suck on Jorah's greyscale patch to contract the disease. Incidental contact with an infected person is more than enough.

That is unless you are a crappy screenwriter with a history of overlooking this kind of plot point

David Benioff..."God, we got everything wrong on a very basic level with the writing of it. We brought three of our friends over just to get a reaction from them. Watching them watch the pilot was a deeply humiliating, painful experience, because these are very smart individuals, and it just clearly wasn’t working for any of them on a very basic level.

At the very end of the pilot, Jaime Lannister (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) pushes Bran (Isaac Hempstead-Wright) out the window. Jaime is lying with his sister, Cersei (Lena Headey), and none of (our friends) realized that Jaime and Cersei were brother and sister, which is a major, major plot point that we had somehow failed to establish."

I'm thinking no. She didn't touch the infected area and I think that's how greyscale passes. It's passed on all touching from stonemen because they are full blown covered in it. But, I really have no idea...just kinda scattershooting.

I would go along with this. "Don't let them touch you" is because they have it all over and are quite far along. The adults are touching Shireen and not getting it.

I'm guessing that the potential infectee has to touch the greyscale and that was on Jorah's left arm. (and covered by his vambrace) He offered her his right hand. Daario was the one who was helping her down into the pit. Supposedly Jorah was already down there protecting her back.

Jorah touches with both hands after that. Rewatch

True, but then the camera angle shifts as he's leading her to the edge of the platform and he has his right arm around her, but he appears to be leading her by the hand with his left. After Daario lowers her into the pit, the next time her see her, Jorah is very clearly grasping her elbow and leading her with his left hand.

He definitely touched her with both hands, so they can't use that excuse.

I would say she does not....

1) does everyone get it or not? not established

2) do targariyans get it or not? not established

3) when is it contagious? not established

&

4) didn't Jorah pull Tyrion out of the water after the stonemen batter? Tyrion doesn't have it I think.

&

4) didn't Jorah pull Tyrion out of the water after the stonemen batter? Tyrion doesn't have it I think.

I see a lot of people wanting greyscale to pass from direct contact, despite the books telling us you can contract it from objects, so that the scene makes sense.

I wanted D&D to spend less money on CGI zombies so that Daenerys riding Drogon didn't look like terrible 1980s greenscreen.

You can't always get what you want.

&

Regarding Tyrion, we don't see that the stoneman actually touches skin, only his boot, I believe.

I see a lot of people wanting greyscale to pass from direct contact, despite the books telling us you can contract it from objects, so that the scene makes sense.

On the other hand, showJorah says it passes through touch. So its potentially a problem, either for Dany, or consistency, depending on how or if they explain it.

Archived