Ser Jorah & Daenerys scene

It would be a disgrace for Dany to die from something like greyscale, Shireen managed to heal from the disease, so why not a Queen like Dany can't. Also it's not confirmed that every person touched by someone who has greyscale will automatically be infected by it. It's like other diseases, depends on that person's immune system, etc.

Exactly that, Hedge. I am wondering if they'll let Dany get Greyscale, but then be healed (dragon fire? It does seem to be a viral / bacterial infection...). I find it difficult to call out plot holes when the story line hasn't even began to arch; we have no clue as to the fates of Dany (looks to be pretty obvious though), Jorah (could stay a regular, or be grey scaled away), or Missandei, wo could also be sacrificed (but why oh why would they want to do that? Contract talks still open for next season?), and with that Grey Worm's as well.

I honestly think that GRRM is now getting help from D&D for the further books, seeing that they seem to work well together - at least from the interviews etc. Add the HBO $$$ and maybe a bit or writer's block, and the result may be some changes being started from the series which will show up in the books (directly or indirectly, depending on how far George was with his work).

Oh, and hi - first post here. Have enjoyed most of what I've read so far, and hope to contribute with my opinion of how I see things going from here (I believe that Jon will be poked in episode 10, then brought back next season by the red witch using the magic from sacrificing Shireen).

Answer my evidence I gave you two pages ago. Stop whining.

Your "evidence" is a fan-theory about Jorah's motivations. Given that Jorah is not even supposed to be in Meereen with greyscale touching Daenerys, I think crappy screen-writing is much better answer than fanciful fan-theory.

In the books it clearly says that Targaryens are immune to disease. Dany can't ever remember being sick in her life. Besides, Davos kisses Shireen's forehead every other episode. He should be a stoneman by now. I don't know how the disease works, but since it's a fictional malady, let's just say it's only contagious once someone goes full stoneman and loses his wits.

I'd be careful reading too much into that passage. Dany can't remember being sick before, but that doesn't necessarily mean that she hasn't been or can't be.

As for Shireen, she has been previously cured and has never had an active infection during the book or show timeline. Although she's been left visibly scarred, she's no longer contagious.

I'm now throughly convinced that people don't bother reading the actual thread they contribute to in order to determine if they are simply repeating theories thave have already been offered up a hundred times.

Answer was simple to me - the writers simply forgot in the moment, when they thought it would make a touching scene with Dany taking Jorah's hands in forgiveness. That's it. I highly doubt Dany get's greyscale or Jorah was thinking about it. I call writer's mistake. And if someone asks them about it, they'll probably just say that someone needs to touch the infected area or something to not look like idiots.

As they merged Dany and Aegon and JonCon is there to accidentally give him greyscale, probably.

They are just giving plot points to characters we are already invested in.

It's not really important anyway, as Tyrion is there to end in charge and save the world the secundary character played by Emilia Clarke can well die (+ she refuses nude scenes).

(The only worrying point in my theory is Jorah also touched the Hero. - Hmmm let's say as long he hasn't touched Jon too there's hope.)

ps : more seriously, it's possible they'll use possible Dany greyscale as Dany possible pale mare after her drinking muddy water is used in the books.

She may feel ill while in dothraki sea (with some skin problem vaguely looking like GS as a symptom), .Watchers will wonder if it's greyscale. Next season it'll revealed it was just some unrelated irritation.

Your "evidence" is a fan-theory about Jorah's motivations. Given that Jorah is not even supposed to be in Meereen with greyscale touching Daenerys, I think crappy screen-writing is much better answer than fanciful fan-theory.

Jorah's motivations? Did you not even read my response? Why didn't Tyrion contract it when Jorah caught it? Why didn't the slavers? The gladiators he struck? They're treating it differently on the show. Deal with it.

Stubborn book troll.

Well, it's Missandei I'm worried about -- they made such a point of focusing the camera on Dany taking Jorah's hand, and then Dany and Missandei holding hands. Dany may be immune to greyscale (Targaryan blood and all), but she could still transmit the disease to Missandei. We'll see . . .

Forgot about this!

I wonder if anyone on this forum has ever done something in the heat of the moment that they did not intend to do that had negative consequences.

Having said that, it is certainly possible that it was an oversight. It is also possible that they are treating it differently. It is also possible that they intended for this ambiguity. It is possible that they wrote it so that Jorah wouldn't have thought about it. It is possible that they wrote it so that Jorah knew that he wouldn't pass it on. It is possible they wrote it so that Jorah knew he would pass it on. It is possible she gets it, she carries it, or she doesn't get it.

Only if she gets it and Jorah basically says my bad can you say that it is bad writing. There are explanations for every other scenario that are plausible to those that are willing to see another side. Even if she does get, it is plausible for Jorah to have forgotten in that instance.

Answer was simple to me - the writers simply forgot in the moment, when they thought it would make a touching scene with Dany taking Jorah's hands in forgiveness. That's it. I highly doubt Dany get's greyscale or Jorah was thinking about it. I call writer's mistake. And if someone asks them about it, they'll probably just say that someone needs to touch the infected area or something to not look like idiots.

There's absolutely no possible way they forgot. They just can't have Jorah never touch anyone on the show ever so contracting Greyscale isn't as simple as making contact with someone.

There's absolutely no possible way they forgot. They just can't have Jorah never touch anyone on the show ever so contracting Greyscale isn't as simple as making contact with someone.

Umm, recall that these are the same guys who forgot to tell audiences that Jaime and Cersei were siblings in the pilot.

The way the scene emphasized the extended hand from Jorah to Dany, I'd say, yes, Dany now has greyscale.

I think that was more to focus on the fact that they are reunited again and she is forgiving him, plain and simple. They have a great bond and he loves her more than anyone so it is not strange that it emphasized on their hands.

Archived