The other controversial scene (spoilers)

It's them oversimplifying things once more :dunno:

I mean, I like Trant. Yeah, I know, he is not a good man, but I'm not rooting for him or anything. I like him in the way that he's a consistent character. He never pretends to be something else. And he's not different from Jon Darry or Lewyn Martell, who people like, and who still did nothing when Aerys was raping Rhaella. Technically, he's a perfect KG despite he's a terrible knight or human being.

That's because the character is not just a "villain". He's a nasty person, no one denies it. Yet, he's doing exactly what he has vowed to do. Obey the King. Come on, even Arys Oakheart beat Sansa. We had his pov saying us "I tried to not do it so hard" but he still did it. Trant just put aside his morality.

Which doesn't mean he's a pedophile.

The Mercy chapter has some similarities but is not pretty much the same thing, imo.

True, Arya does lure pedo Raff back to her room but there are two key differences: 1) Arya does not get raped and 2) Arya is the one who is in control of the situation.

Neither of these are the case with this scene. It is gratuitous just for the sake of it.

Did you read the released "mercy" chapter of TWoW? Pretty much the same thing happens, and Arya is even younger in the books.

It's not "pretty much the same thing" just because Arya faces a sexual situation.

First, there is one limit to suspense of disbelief. Arya is already past her child years. People on the streets made her some remarks about her and at least they all are some perverts as well, it's kinda obvious she already attracts men's stares. She is, in no way, bait for a pedophile. There is no need to make Trant this just because Arya in the books is younger.

This is one of those cases when A CHANGE FROM THE BOOKS is good and it proves that us, as readers, don't simply ask for "things just like happens in the books!". Here, it makes absolutely no sense.

The thing with Mercy chapter is that it's disgusting. We are NOT SUPPOSED to root for Arya nor feel this like an empowering moment despite

she manages to kill someone from her list and despite the guy is a pedo and an awful human being. It is a very sad situation, not only the scene itself but due to the set up. It's quite obviously pointed out in the chapter that Arya doesn't even menstruate, she's still a child, and there she goes, fondling a guy's cock in order to distract him and kill him

She is THAT fucked up already. It's awkward. It's meant to be that way.

Here, they simply made Trant the awful pervert who hurts little girls so we can say "fuck yeah, Arya!". We are not meant to cheer for her in this scene. We're meant to feel SAD she has become this.

ETA: adding spoiler, sorry.

im upset if this is a legit scene from the books. but it's a different medium to tv abd the scene was LONG, focused on trant and showed some girl that wasnt even a prostitute but likely some young scullery maid be taken away to be raped

Just horrible

In the books i can imaagine there being a young looking sex worker but not some poor child taken from the kitchen with no consent...just how much is he PAYING them

The man Arya kills is also a rapist. He was part of a sellsword company that ravaged the Riverlands. Arya witnessed them raping, torturing and ultimately murdering countless men, women and children.

That's why she decided to kill him. He took part in some really heinous shit.

It's not "pretty much the same thing" just because Arya faces a sexual situation.

First, there is one limit to suspense of disbelief. Arya is already past her child years. People on the streets made her some remarks about her and at least they all are some perverts as well, it's kinda obvious she already attracts men's stares. She is, in no way, bait for a pedophile. There is no need to make Trant this just because Arya in the books is younger.

This is one of those cases when A CHANGE FROM THE BOOKS is good and it proves that us, as readers, don't simply ask for "things just like happens in the books!". Here, it makes absolutely no sense.

The thing with Mercy chapter is that it's disgusting. We are NOT SUPPOSED to root for Arya nor feel this like an empowering moment despite she manages to kill someone from her list and despite the guy is a pedo and an awful human being. It is a very sad situation, not only the scene itself but due to the set up. It's quite obviously pointed out in the chapter that Arya doesn't even menstruate, she's still a child, and there she goes, fondling a guy's cock in order to distract him and kill him. She is THAT fucked up already. It's awkward. It's meant to be that way.

Here, they simply made Trant the awful pervert who kills little girls so we can say "fuck yeah, Arya!". We are not meant to cheer for her in this scene. We're meant to feel SAD she has become this.

It's nowhere near the same thing as the Mercy chapter...and you've summed it up nicely.

Also, they showed so many looks between Trant and Arya I was expecting to hear a 'TINK' sound from his cock slamming into his armor

The Mercy chapter has some similarities but is not pretty much the same thing, imo.

True, Arya does lure pedo Raff back to her room but there are two key differences: 1) Arya does not get raped and 2) Arya is the one who is in control of the situation.

Neither of these are the case with this scene. It is gratuitous just for the sake of it.

Are you serious?

Because I must have missed the part where Arya was raped. Oh wait are you saying she is going to be raped next episode? Like, seriously?

Are you serious?

Because I must have missed the part where Arya was raped. Oh wait are you saying she is going to be raped next episode? Like, seriously?

I don't think you read my post properly.

I said:

Arya does not get raped.

Raff the Sweetling is a pedophile (or at least a man who doesn't care about the age of his victims), yet we never see him in a whore house looking for an underage prostitute. The setup is so that Arya has a pretext to get Trant alone and kill him, but why that requires Ser Meryn to be a pedophile, or why we need to see evidence of him being a pedophile (as well as seeing the frightened face of one of his victims) is a mystery. Arya does not look like a child anymore - I doubt Maisie Williams would give you any thanks for saying so. I guess it's so the audience can hate Ser Meryn, but do people forget so easily who killed Syrio and mercilessly beat Sansa? This is not a nice man - we already knew.

Pretty lazy, and once again a female character is stuffed in the fridge.

Archived