Melisandre - for TLoL or not? For Stannis or not?

Lord Potsmoke

Hello everyone :ninja:

Currently about half way through AFFC so please no major spoilers or anything for then onwards if possible :)

In regards to Melisandre, i wonder and have been discussing with people, does she REALLY do the lord of lights bidding? or is she actually on the evil side? i mean she likes to burn people alive a lot, and wants Stannis to give up his daughter (think i got the from the show, not sure if ive passed it in the books yet, i get so confused as I'm currently doing both.) She does have some power or at least some god does use give her powers, like the shadow babies, not being poisened by Maester Cressen etc etc.

My second question which i suppose the answer can be different depending on if she is actually on the lord of lights side. (or maybe the lord of light is playing her for a fool) But anyway, is she playing Stannis for a mug? like maybe it is all true but she knows it isnt Stannis who is AA come again and she is just using him to get where she wants, what she wants and so on? or is she just trying to help him to do the lord bidding?

i probably havent put this into words very well, but i'm interested in what people may think, if she is what she says she is, if she has pther hidden intentions, if she is playing stannis or does really support him and so on :)

Much Respect Due.

she's a complete mistery to me as well... will be interesting to see what role shes gonna play in the end. Shes capable of some pretty serious stuff like the shadow babies (and some other stuff youll learn in ADwD) but yet she didnt manage to help Stannis to the throne yet.

she's a complete mistery to me as well... will be interesting to see what role shes gonna play in the end. Shes capable of some pretty serious stuff like the shadow babies (and some other stuff youll learn in ADwD) but yet she didnt manage to help Stannis to the throne yet.

I was starting to think no one was going to give their input lol!

right, i look forward to getting to ADwD. That wont be for a while though only time i get to read is when i should be working!

Archived