Do Targaryens warg their dragons?

In this episode we clearly see Daenerys close her eyes and then Drogon appears in the next moment and instantly begins attacking only Danys enemies, In the books it is called skin changing but on the show the whole phenomenon is referred to as warging.If I recall correctly Rob stark had a moment like this during an ambush were he opens his eyes in a manner that would suggest he had just warged his Wolf Grey wind. I wonder if the mystery of how Targaryens train and control their dragons could be explained by skinchanging.

first when I saw her closing her eyes, that was the first thing that crossed my mind, she will skinchange.

but than she was completely surprised to see Drogon.

it looked more like she closed her eyes, anticipating death.

first when I saw her closing her eyes, that was the first thing that crossed my mind, she will skinchange.

but than she was completely surprised to see Drogon.

it looked more like she closed her eyes, anticipating death.

I thought Drogon pulled a Princess Leia and felt her calling to him.....

I was yelling "someone give her a knife!" Go down fighting! She closed her eyes and I thought she was just waiting for death. At least try to take at least One out.

Who do you think she is, Barristan Selmy??? :lol:

No, they bond with them, it is till death do them part. some riders had more than one dragon when one died and many dragons had many riders as they died and dragons lived long if not killed.

I am pretty sure this is not accurate

Maybe. But the bond could be similar to skinchanging without actually being skinchanging. O

Interestingly though, Dany is genetically half Blackwood (in the simplest terms). Same as Bloodraven who is half Targ, half Blackwood. And we all know what his abilities are. So there could be something special in that mixture of genetics, that would give Dany an advantage over previous dragon riders.

In this episode we clearly see Daenerys close her eyes and then Drogon appears in the next moment and instantly begins attacking only Danys enemies

Drogon nuked one of her soldiers. So that is not accurate. It looked more like she was accepting death. You know, the reason why most of us are pissed about scene. In the episode, she gave up, which is not how it occured.

In this episode we clearly see Daenerys close her eyes and then Drogon appears in the next moment and instantly begins attacking only Danys enemies, In the books it is called skin changing but on the show the whole phenomenon is referred to as warging.If I recall correctly Rob stark had a moment like this during an ambush were he opens his eyes in a manner that would suggest he had just warged his Wolf Grey wind. I wonder if the mystery of how Targaryens train and control their dragons could be explained by skinchanging.

I don't think she warged into Drogon but I do think she called him. He seems to be drawn to Daenerys sometimes and it happened before in this season (don't remember which episode). She was on the terrace/balcony and Drogon landed on top of the pyramid. Dany tried to touch him but he flew away. So, how I see it, there's definitely a mental connection between those two but probably not yet a conscious effort on her part.

Maybe the first time he came to her was also an invitation to ride him and she simply didn't see it?

Drogon can't teleport or fly at supersonic speed. He did not come because Dany called him when she was in danger. In the books he was attracted by the sounds of cheering, ie, he was already in the vincinity.

its not because of cheering or blood ...it was said by Barristan what does he know about dragons anyway

we as readers know that dany's life was in danger and there was an assassination attempt on her and as well as he appears exactly at the moment when she rejects meereenese and removes her floppy ears ...

so he came for her and she in turn saved him...they both saved each other

No. The Targs of old fought while riding their dragons. Your body is comatose while warging.

This isn't totally true, not in the books anyway. Arya wargs a cat while still having control of her body.

Archived