Viserion and Rhaegal are useless without riders

Don't you guys think?

I know they followed Dany around when they were babies, but now that she has bonded with Drogon (and she locked them up for several months), I sort of doubt they will just fall in line behind her and Drogon on the way back to Westeros. Plus Targs can only bond with one dragon, so when she bonded with Drogon she lost any control over the other two.......

They need riders to bond with before they will be any use to anyone..

Thoughts?

Mmmm to quote many maesters "Who knows the mind of a dragon?"

I definitely think that the bond between dragon and rider is somewhat akin to a bond that a human warg shares with the animals is pairs with. Even more so I think the valyrians actually did share their blood with the dragons, which is why they have an easier time training them........just like the Starks I think really do have blood that pairs them with the direwolves. And due to wargs being more common in Westeros, that is why Valyria never came to Westeros.

as far as viserion and rhaegal go......they will have riders. Just who?

Yes I see what you are saying and it makes perfect sense. I have believed for a while now that Viserion will go to Brown Benn and then Tyrion, or perhaps straight to Tyrion, Rhaegal would then perhaps be left for the Dragon horn.

Yeah that's exactly what I think too :cheers:

Mmmm to quote many maesters "Who knows the mind of a dragon?"

I definitely think that the bond between dragon and rider is somewhat akin to a bond that a human warg shares with the animals is pairs with. Even more so I think the valyrians actually did share their blood with the dragons, which is why they have an easier time training them........just like the Starks I think really do have blood that pairs them with the direwolves. And due to wargs being more common in Westeros, that is why Valyria never came to Westeros.

as far as viserion and rhaegal go......they will have riders. Just who?

yup totally agree, it's the same as the Starks and their direwolves. I think aryagonnakill is correct, BBP and Tyrion will get Viserion and the horn will get Rhaegal for a time until Vic dies and Jon gets him back in Westeros

Yes that makes sense i dont see they quitley riding in a a boat for weeks on end that would be a disaster and they wont just follow drogon. They have to have a riders.

LOL, yeah exactly.

Yeah that's exactly what I think too :cheers:

yup totally agree, it's the same as the Starks and their direwolves. I think aryagonnakill is correct, BBP and Tyrion will get Viserion and the horn will get Rhaegal for a time until Vic dies and Jon gets him back in Westeros

LOL, yeah exactly.

I think the horn will only work for a time. However, if the Ironborn leave with anything, it will be Rhaegal. I think they just might take him and split, especially when they hear Dany is MIA.

Yes I see what you are saying and it makes perfect sense. I have believed for a while now that Viserion will go to Brown Benn and then Tyrion, or perhaps straight to Tyrion, Rhaegal would then perhaps be left for the Dragon horn.

It is known. And it's consistent with Tyrion II, Winds.

There has been plenty of foreshadowing for Tyrion to ride a dragon (assuming Viserion)

The only one that comes to mind is the white dragon cysavve piece. That one foreshadowed Jon because it was white with a bit of red (if i'm not mistaken). Those are Ghosts colours and the colours of the weirwood trees.

I thought Tyrion might ride viserion but don't think so anymore

I don't think they will be useless.

I do believe they will have riders.

But let's see it from two scenarios. 1. If they don't have riders, they will most likely stay with Dany and follow Drogon's lead. If that is the case, they will be more than effective.

2. I believe Dany loses the other two and they bind to other characters.

2a. Jon I believe takes one. The other I believe either Bran will warg, or Bran will leave the tree and use the special saddle for a third. I am more inclined to believe that BR means for Bran to warg the dragon.

Either way, they will be not be floundering around.

Yes yes, but I'm saying that I think V&R will have to have a human controlling them before they ever leave SB, even if it is Vic with the horn on one of them. I just don't think they are leaving SB under their own steam.

Ahhh ok. See that makes sense. But it could be some magical component in Martin's story that draws the dragons to their riders? How far out can Bran warg?

If they are released, I can see them responding as a runaway child. Rhaegal just finds his way to the wall.

Ahhh ok. See that makes sense. But it could be some magical component in Martin's story that draws the dragons to their riders? How far out can Bran warg?

If they are released, I can see them responding as a runaway child. Rhaegal just finds his way to the wall.

Well from TPATQ and TRP we know that dragons are not born already bonded to a human, it has to happen from physical contact or nearness, which is why the eggs are placed in cradles, but even that doesnt work every time. Like even if Jon is destined to ride on of them, that doesn't mean they are already bonded before they ever met each other. Dany and Drogon bonded over time because they were in each other's presence.

Well from TPATQ and TRP we know that dragons are not born already bonded to a human, it has to happen from physical contact or nearness, which is why the eggs are placed in cradles, but even that doesnt work every time. Like even if Jon is destined to ride on of them, that doesn't mean they are already bonded before they ever met each other. Dany and Drogon bonded over time because they were in each other's presence.

Well. If Viserion is warged, he doesn't really have a choice in the matter ;).

Now Rhaegal. Let's say he is released and out of a dragon temper tantrum flies to the north. Perhaps Martin connects Jon to Rhaegal, but to be honest it seems that they are too old to just land somewhere and be friendly. It could be that Bran wargs Rhaegal and Jon flies Rhaegal/Bran?

Now here is a long-shot.......Martin could integrate some once in a lifetime magical component that after FTW, Rhaegal snaps his head up in some bizarre understanding/vision (i.e. the direolves and their Stark masters). Rhaegal is drawn north and recognizes Jon, and somehow they bond.

Drogon flew off alone until he was drawn back to Dany and she mounted him.

Couldn't the same thing happen with Rhaegal -- he gets loose and flies off and is drawn to someone with significant Targ blood (fAegon or Jon)?

I am not convinced that the horn is able to bind a dragon to a specific person. There are different theories on what the horn does, but it won't just be a simple blow the horn and control the dragon (I don't think). Something might happen if blown within the hearing of a dragon -- but I don't think it will be what anyone expects.

But eventually, yes, the dragons are not helpful in the war without dragon riders. But they might do a bit of mischief before that point in time without riders.

Archived