Will Ellaria seduce Jaime?

H.P.

Now, I don't know the first thing about seduction, but to my un-skilled eyes, it seemed like Ellaria was trying to seduce Jaime in that scene when she caught him writing a letter. Thoughts on this?

Possibly. It seems that Ellaria has replaced Arianne in some respects (rebelling against Doran, being sent off on a mission towards KL), so she may well also have a plotline that is an echo of Arianne seducing Ser Arys.

Now, I don't know the first thing about seduction, but to my un-skilled eyes, it seemed like Ellaria was trying to seduce Jaime in that scene when she caught him writing a letter. Thoughts on this?

Yes, I really have no freaking idea what that scene was about lol, but it did seem a bit like she was trying to seduce him. I have no idea why or how...but the same can be said of the entirety of this Dorne mess on the TV show.

Is she the only one who showed acceptance to him of Jam/Cer relationship? That might be significant for him if so. Brie and he formed a bond yes, but this came unasked. She just accepted it, no prob. Felt like this was the first time he's ever encountered that kind of reaction towards the relationship.

Ellaria was not trying to seduce him; she was threatening him and reminding him of how his "secret" really isn't a secret and how Tommen and Myrcella are seen as abominations by much of Westeros. She can't be openly hostile to him now without Doran's wrath, so she switched to the fake sweet manner. I don't think she fooled Jaime, or even really tried to.

It's funny that Jaime and Cersei seem to think that just because they've never admitted that they are parents together that they've actually hidden it. Everybody in the seven kingdoms has heard the rumor and many believe it. People scream it at Tommen in the streets.

Show Jaime has this look on his face that seems to say he doesn't see much reason to keep calling her his niece anymore, because he's fed up with hiding it and nobody believes him anyway.

I really enjoyed this scene. I thought it showed a more tender and understanding side of Ellaria that should have been presented at the beginning of the season.

Instead, we had the Dornish Cersei.

Ellaria was not trying to seduce him; she was threatening him and reminding him of how his "secret" really isn't a secret and how Tommen and Myrcella are seen as abominations by much of Westeros.

How is that a threat? The whole realm knows this rumour by now and she has no evidence whatsoever.

How is that a threat? The whole realm knows this rumour by now and she has no evidence whatsoever.

Well, Ellaria just tried to have Myrcella murdered. She wanted war and she wants to kill every Lannister. It's not like her motives are hidden. Nobody, Jaime included, is going to believe that she just had a radical change of heart overnight and now she's honestly thinking "oh, you know what, I doubt any of it was her fault. Or yours." No, she just had to kiss the ring and get in line. But her hatred is too strong to contain entirely, so she goes to Jaime for some thinly veiled smack talk.

And what does she say? Between the lines of all the "You'd be ok in Dorne, or 100 years ago" is the message "You aren't OK now or in King's Landing." And she said "your daughter"' looking right into his eyes. So is she there to make friends? No way, and no way Jaime would be that momumentally stupid to think she was.

I think what we saw was her announcing her intention to work the incest angle (or any angle) to destroy the Lannister regime politically. She doesn't trust Doran to take care of things with his long-term chess game that she doesn't really understand, but she can't try another open murder plot unless she's ready to die herself.

Anyone else have a problem with Ellaria in general? I could understand her grieving but Oberyn fought and died willingly. Her thirst for vengeance is misguided and to me, unrealistic

I just think she's boring. If you wanna be a constantly angry, murderous asshole, you have mix humor into it for it to be sufferable. Like the Hound did.

Anyone else have a problem with Ellaria in general? I could understand her grieving but Oberyn fought and died willingly. Her thirst for vengeance is misguided and to me, unrealistic

The actress is terrible

The dialogue they give the actress is terrible

The character herself is terrible. One minute she's swearing she'll get revenge or die trying and dispatching Team Rocket to kill a little girl in broad daylight in the most public place imaginable, the next she's on her knees crying and kissing the ring because her first and only impotent rebellious attempt has failed.

Apart from Tyene's boobies, the entire Dorne arc has been an embarrassing shambles from start to finish

Yes. I've wondered about this since the book. She knows Oberyn wasn't murdered and she knows his death has no weight at all for casus belli.

I know there is more to it, mostly the idea that Doran has never done anything appropriate to retaliate for what happened to Elia and the children so many years ago. She sees it as 20ish years of him sitting on his ass and being afraid, so to her it's all the same thing. She would argue that Oberyn never should have had to go to KL as he did, because they should have killed all the Lannisters and the Mountain and anybody else involved back when it happened.

Still, her understanding of it all seems thin.

Gods-- I would rather see Tyrion sleep with Missendei than suffer through Jaime and Ellaria. Mainly because it would be out of character for Jaime and a terrible use of NCW and Indira Varma, actors I love who have been completely wasted this season.

Archived