Will Ellaria seduce Jaime?

H.P.

Gods-- I would rather see Tyrion sleep with Missendei than suffer through Jaime and Ellaria. Mainly because it would be out of character for Jaime and a terrible use of NCW and Indira Varma, actors I love who have been completely wasted this season.

I´d rather see Tyrion sleep with Selyse Florent and the charred corpse of her daughter than another second of the dornish "plot."

So glad they included this fake Dorne plotline rather than Lady Stoneheart.

For the show is wrong and full of errors.

Love your signature! :lol:

The only thing that was even slightly good about fake-dorne, was Bronn. In the show he is terrific and serves as a balance, he is amusing when a light touch is needed and serious when a deeper subject needs to be brought up. Of all the characters that got disproportionate screen time and silly story arcs, Bronn is the best one. Still, I would trade it all for a season 5 based on the fictitious book series A Song Of Ice and Fire by GRRM.

WHY THE FUCK IS TRYSTANE GOING TO THE SMALL COUNCIL :@@@@

i want a sand snake to go

also I hope not,I don't want her having sex with anyone but oberyn :crying: :crying:

D&D decided to skip the whole part where Dorne is a place where women can have authority and power.

If this is indeed some attempt to make Ellaria a seductress all of a sudden it is a very desperate plot device that will make me doubt D&D even more after all the macabre turns they've been taking this season.

D&D decided to skip the whole part where Dorne is a place where women can have authority and power.

That's ridiculous. You really think it would make more sense for Doran to send one of his nieces - who just tried to kill Myrcella - to be on the small council rather than his son whom he trusts and who is engaged to Myrcella?

Really? You think the reason is because D&D "decided to skip the whole part where Dorne is a place where women can have authority and power?"

Or have you just decided to attack the show blindly with vague SJW crap without thinking?

Apart from Tyene's boobies, the entire Dorne arc has been an embarrassing shambles from start to finish

Dorne has been a complete and utter waste of money. I don't understand why they cut so much out of the books, and kept Dorne, then made all the scenes set there irrelevant and unimportant.

Anyone else have a problem with Ellaria in general? I could understand her grieving but Oberyn fought and died willingly. Her thirst for vengeance is misguided and to me, unrealistic

I do, and from what I've seen LOTS of people do as well. Leaving aside that she's not even really Ellaria Sand anymore (she's some weird mishmash of multiple book characters), her whole plan/reasoning is dumb. Oberyn wanted revenge for the unlawful rape/murder of his sister and her kids. This is understandable.

Oberyn, on the other hand, died due to HIS OWN actions. He VOLUNTEERED for a legal trial by combat where the chance of death was pretty high. No one FORCED him to do it, he WILLINGLY did so. And he basically sealed his own fate by losing his cool and getting reckless/sloppy around an opponent as dangerous as The Mountain. So "avenging him" makes little sense because there's nothing to avenge. Also, even if there was, the two men who are responsible (Tywin and the Mountain) are both dead. One by Oberyn's hands, and the other at the hands of his own son. So who is she taking "revenge" on, people who had nothing to do with it? And then her actual plan is TERRIBLE.

The actress is terrible

The dialogue they give the actress is terrible

The character herself is terrible. One minute she's swearing she'll get revenge or die trying and dispatching Team Rocket to kill a little girl in broad daylight in the most public place imaginable, the next she's on her knees crying and kissing the ring because her first and only impotent rebellious attempt has failed.

Apart from Tyene's boobies, the entire Dorne arc has been an embarrassing shambles from start to finish

The thing is, Indira Varma is NOT a bad actress. I've seen her do quite well in other things and heck she was good last season. So IDK what happened, but things have fallen apart with shocking swiftness this season. Maybe she knows that the material that they're giving her is bad and isn't giving it 100% or something, IDK?

Well, I really hope that Jaime doesn't fall for this too.
The show has little respect for sexy males that are fighters. Loras is already reduced to a sum of prejudices against gay people, while in the books he was a stern widow, and the only named character stupid enough to lead an attack to the walls from the front while he could have done otherways.
Jaime personality too is far smaller in the show.
Fucking Cersei over the White Book is something book Jaime explicitly choose not to do.
Is it that guys who shave shave away personality too in D&D's imaginary?

That's ridiculous. You really think it would make more sense for Doran to send one of his nieces - who just tried to kill Myrcella - to be on the small council rather than his son whom he trusts and who is engaged to Myrcella?

Really? You think the reason is because D&D "decided to skip the whole part where Dorne is a place where women can have authority and power?"

Or have you just decided to attack the show blindly with vague SJW crap without thinking?

I don't believe the point was Trystane's mission.
The point is: the three Sand Snakes are nothing more than nipples on an armor, straight taken from a b-movie from the 80'ies.
Thay talk to much, exposition to much, expose too much to be sexy.
Why in the hell do you coat your knives in venom if you are not willing to kill your enemies?
Ellaria is stupid about her plots, too.
And all of the serious, calm, strong willed people in Dorne are males. I count Doran and his guard, and no more.
Easy plots, a skirmish copied from the one in "the Crusades" on the beaches...
Dorne plot is weak to me, in comparison to my passion for Dorne in the books.

But hey, at least the show will deliver me with an ending in a couple of years, and I feel that every work of imagination should have one!

Ellaria is mad with grief and showed it by dissing her Prince so completely. This embarrassment in front of Jamie Lannister had to be answered. Doran retaliated by (a not so veiled) threat to kill her daughters, resulting in Ellaria's tearful show of fealty.

Her scene alone with Jamie seemed to be on orders from Doran as peacemaking attempt.

To me this was Ellaria moving past the Anger stage of grieving and moving towards the Acceptance stage.

She said "Your daughter had no part in Oberyn's death, and I think you didn't either". To Jaime as she left.

I think this is the end of the silly Sand Snake rebellion plot line. It was just there to give Jaime and Bronn something to do this season until the show is ready to introduce the Brotherhood Without Banner / Blackfish versus Frey end game which will probably be season 7 although might begin in season 6.

The Dorne part of the show has been a waste of time and of Jaime Lannister. Meeting Doran was the only redeemable part of it - but he doesn't really have enough to do to justify the rest... and the Sand Snakes were a horror show. It's too bad, because it seems like the idea could have worked but wasn't written well enough.

We are almost done with season 5 and Jaime hasn't really changed much at all... definitely not following up on his book arc... which is too bad because I really like Jaime from the books and his arc... and the show has been fucking it up for a long time. (And I don't just mean his character, I also mean his competence... in the show he's basically incompetent running around trying to appease Cersei and failing at the rather idiotic Dorne plan... in the book he was conquering the Riverlands and doing a bunch of very competent things)

I tend to like and enjoy the show more than many here on the forums... but Dorne was a waste of valuable screen time this season.

The Dorne part of the show has been a waste of time and of Jaime Lannister. Meeting Doran was the only redeemable part of it - but he doesn't really have enough to do to justify the rest... and the Sand Snakes were a horror show. It's too bad, because it seems like the idea could have worked but wasn't written well enough.

We are almost done with season 5 and Jaime hasn't really changed much at all... definitely not following up on his book arc... which is too bad because I really like Jaime from the books and his arc... and the show has been fucking it up for a long time.

I tend to like and enjoy the show more than many here on the forums... but Dorne was a waste of valuable screen time this season.

My feeling is Jaime's redemption arc will continue once he finds out Cersei confessed to adultery and we revisit the Riverlands next season. Dorne put a pause on that, though they hinted at it a couple of times with Bronn ("Does she want the same thing?") so I'm fairly confident they will continue it. Since they skipped Tyrion telling Jaime that Cersei was a lying whore, he will have to wait until she confesses to learn the truth.

The delay in Jaime's arc seems to signify he doesn't have much more to do in the books since we last saw him, so it could make sense to have his Book 4/5 stuff in S6 and still have it fit in the overall timeline.

Thanks for the reply DarkAFoT!

Your idea makes a lot of sense to me with respect to not knowing bc Tyrion didn't say anything to Jaime, and that continuing when he finds out via walk of shame / confession. So I do get that and agree they will probably do that. I still find what's been put forward lacking in some regards.

I still don't like the way the show did it because it stagnated Jaime for a really long time in order to service another storyline (Dorne), that didn't really need him there. The whole Dornish plan was crackpot - and I could almost believe it was an attempt for Cersei to get rid of Jaime considering how dumb the idea was and likely to fail / end badly (though the show didn't ever support that). Jaime had to have been an idiot to not see it - which he isn't - and Bronn himself played Devil's Advocate to which Jaime responded with the tour de force "it has to be me." And when it was him, Myrcella basically didn't care instantly.

I believe this decision was made more out of expedience for shooting the story this season for the show than out of any respect for Jaime's story from the books (a la not having much to do as you suggested). I just don't like what the show has done to Jaime... from his questionable rape of Cersei to this whole Dorne arc. Personally I think Jaime is more important to the story than Dorne - and definitely in terms of endearment to the viewer (which is huge for the show as they've changed a lot of things around already in many storylines in order to streamline the characters and keep the ones we're attached to front and center - case in point Sansa) because we've known Jaime since the beginning. I realize it was done for time / budget constraints, and I suppose to someone who doesn't know Jaime from the books it might not be too big a deal (I'd be curious to know what non-book readers think about Jaime this season)

Archived